Destiny 2 (PS4 PS4 Pro Xbone PC)

If you run thru the story faster than your power level increases you occasionally run into roadblocks. Run public events when this happens and continue on the story.

The timed nightfall is pretty tough. I've tried it 4 times. I wish it would allow matchmaking. I haven't played with friends yet, and I've had to find people through the destiny app.

The timed nightfall is pretty tough. I've tried it 4 times. I wish it would allow matchmaking. I haven't played with friends yet, and I've had to find people through the destiny app.

I've run a few through guided games. Just sucks you have to wait 20-30 minutes. We've always completed it.

Is there a clan going for PS4? I'm just starting out so I am not sure how the clan thing works.

There is, it's called RockyTop I think. Someone, can't remember, somebody'scar, sent me an invite. I'm sure they'll see it and send you an invite if you drop your gamertag here. I haven't done any activities with anyone in the clan yet but it's nice to get the weekly gear.

There is, it's called RockyTop I think. Someone, can't remember, somebody'scar, sent me an invite. I'm sure they'll see it and send you an invite if you drop your gamertag here. I haven't done any activities with anyone in the clan yet but it's nice to get the weekly gear.

I don't get to play much, but my gamertag is UTFFL. I play on ps4 if anyone wants to add me.

Now that we’re a few weeks in, what does everyone think about this game?

Now that we’re a few weeks in, what does everyone think about this game?

I’m really enjoying it. To me, they changed/tweaked just enough to make things feel different and better than D1. Unless you like switching between shaders over and over again lol

I’m really enjoying it. To me, they changed/tweaked just enough to make things feel different and better than D1. Unless you like switching between shaders over and over again lol

How much time do you put into it a week? If you don’t mind me asking.

Watered down when compared even to vanilla destiny. Bland weapons. Less subclass customization. Exotics aren't really that exotic. Especially on the armor side.

Dislike crucible changes. I don't see what anyone gets out of the removal of being able to choose your game type.

Dislike nightfall timers. Timers are just artificial difficulty. It hasn't prevented me from finishing a nightfall but it's not fun feeling like you need to rush through everything.

I half expect that in a future dlc they change the crucible back to the old format and reintroduce random weapon perks just so players will feel like they improved the game.

I do like that they didn't reintroduce farming for materials for weapon upgrades. That got old real fast.

Glad they made public events more visible.

Overall it feels not like a real sequel and has less options and customization.

I like it, but it's hard to do much when your playing by yourself.. except strikes and crucibles....I'm in a clan, clan level is up to almost the 5th area or almost full.
I can't even get the Rat King or what ever it's called because you need 2 ppl....
Getting good drops, my Titan is up to level 295 or so, warlock almost 290, not started hunter yet.

I like it, but it's hard to do much when your playing by yourself.. except strikes and crucibles....I'm in a clan, clan level is up to almost the 5th area or almost full.
I can't even get the Rat King or what ever it's called because you need 2 ppl....
Getting good drops, my Titan is up to level 295 or so, warlock almost 290, not started hunter yet.

Have you tried lfg?

I'm enjoying it. I don't find myself playing it as much as D1 though. I log in, knock out the weekly powerful gear milestones and go find something else to do. I like that they tried to make clans something more engaged, but people just join for the clan rewards. I don't think I've done a single event with anyone in RockyTop, just use LFG. I'd like to do the raid at some point but it's hard to find a few uninterrupted hours to do so.

They tweaked what worked in D1. I'm sure we'll see some changes with the dlc but overall, I'm happy. 8/10 for me.

How much time do you put into it a week? If you don’t mind me asking.

Usually a couple hours every night. Sometimes more if we’re doing the nightfall or milestones. The game doesn’t really start till after the campaign ends which can take around 8 hours depending on how fast you play.

Watered down when compared even to vanilla destiny. Bland weapons. Less subclass customization. Exotics aren't really that exotic. Especially on the armor side.

Dislike crucible changes. I don't see what anyone gets out of the removal of being able to choose your game type.

Dislike nightfall timers. Timers are just artificial difficulty. It hasn't prevented me from finishing a nightfall but it's not fun feeling like you need to rush through everything.

I half expect that in a future dlc they change the crucible back to the old format and reintroduce random weapon perks just so players will feel like they improved the game.

I do like that they didn't reintroduce farming for materials for weapon upgrades. That got old real fast.

Glad they made public events more visible.

Overall it feels not like a real sequel and has less options and customization.

I disagree. It’s light years ahead of vanilla destiny. The storyline is much better.

Also having set weapon rolls is a great thing. There’s no more grinding trying to get that perfect ‘god roll’ pvp weapon. In pvp if someone did have a god roll weapon, like a max stability + triple tap + firefly hung jury, there’s no way to compete against that.

Changing the way weapons slots work is a good thing too. I feel like some of the swords are a little OP right now though.

I haven't been able to do any crucible yet. Tried at least 5 times but matchmaking just sat there and spun for 5 minutes. I can do everything else that requires live gold. starting to get really fed up with trying, especially as I dont have much time for the game in general I am not going to waste it waiting on crucible. especially since I didn't much like it in 1, hate that you have to do it to unlock other events.

VN Store

Back