Derick Dooley to GA OC

Dooley will probably go down as the worst head coach in UT history....

But I wouldn't mind seeing him carve out a nice career for himself, preferably in the NFL.

Not me. You fail us and set us back. I don't want to watch him be good some other place.

I love the way we hate guys simply because they couldn't make it (or simply didn't make it, not necessarily couldn't.)

Remember how Saban and Spurrier went to the NFL and were terrible? What if Dooley is the opposite? Great position coach or even OC (hell maybe even HC who knows) in the League, but just not in college? It takes a completely different kind of skill set. He's certainly on one of the best teams in the league right now, no matter how you look at it.

But, regardless, This is a game, there is no reason to have so much ill will towards a former coach or player over it. If anyone deserves ill will, it's Fulmer. Why? Because we knew, 100% he could get it done at some point, and he simply stopped doing it. That's far worse than taking a job you weren't ready for and getting rich off of it.

Reactions: 1 person
I love the way we hate guys simply because they couldn't make it (or simply didn't make it, not necessarily couldn't.)

Remember how Saban and Spurrier went to the NFL and were terrible? What if Dooley is the opposite? Great position coach or even OC (hell maybe even HC who knows) in the League, but just not in college? It takes a completely different kind of skill set. He's certainly on one of the best teams in the league right now, no matter how you look at it.

But, regardless, This is a game, there is no reason to have so much ill will towards a former coach or player over it. If anyone deserves ill will, it's Fulmer. Why? Because we knew, 100% he could get it done at some point, and he simply stopped doing it. That's far worse than taking a job you weren't ready for and getting rich off of it.

All signs indicate that Dooley was a Grade "A" a$$hole. Anybody that had an encounter with him said as much. Add to it that he always had some new excuse for why he was failing other than him being responsible. And then there was the year zero crap. These are the reasons he is hated. Not because he wasn't good. He was a complete d***head while also failing and blaming others. Good luck to UGA if they take that failure.

Reactions: 4 people
All the reports in this thread of Dooley's character/personality are accurate. One of the most self-centered douches I've met. He was funny, though.

Because he was a piece of **** who didn't merely fail, but never even attempted to do what he was hired to.

Dooley can go to hell. Go ahead and whine about how I shouldn't have any ill will towards a guy that ruined 3 years of my football life.

Reactions: 2 people
I just talked to one of my friends back in Georgia. He swears Dooley would be better than bobo? I don't think so.

I just talked to one of my friends back in Georgia. He swears Dooley would be better than bobo? I don't think so.

The roster he will have to work with at Georgia will be a cut above what he had at TN. I'm guessing it will be an epic fail but we can't be sure.

The roster he will have to work with at Georgia will be a cut above what he had at TN. I'm guessing it will be an epic fail but we can't be sure.

On offense? We were pretty stacked offensively when Dooley was here. Didn't we average around 38 points one of those years?

Your friend is an idiot

As are most Georgia fans. I love my friends, and family there, but most can not be reasoned with. Plus they never lose, if they get beat the refs cheated.

Dooley can go to hell. Go ahead and whine about how I shouldn't have any ill will towards a guy that ruined 3 years of my football life.

3 years in Football life = 21 years in Human life

MAN, its been a long road!!

I, for one, would think it would be a great hire. Maybe if Coach Richt were to leave, they could just promote Dooley to head coach.

VN Store

Back