Dear Coach Fulmer,

Phail Foolmer

I'm feelin better, Linda.
I would like to start this off by saying thank you for your dedication to the program for many years. At one time, you were a great coach but as has been proven recently, the game has passed you by. You sir have lost control of what was once a very powerful and proud team. I understand that you are a very prideful man as well, and deep down you feel that you can turn this program around; but your pride has made you blind.

What you need to understand is this is not about Phil Fulmer or your legacy. This is about The University of Tennessee. This is about the State of Tennessee and the legions of fans that have supported this program for years. Do you not see, or simply do not care about, what has happened to the program and its affect on its supporters. Open your eyes and look around you, Phil.

This has been building for a long time and I think that down deep you have known it. Last night's Alabama game was just a culmination of what all of this has been leading to. I don't think that any rational Vol fan really thought that our boys could win that game but hope springs eternal. It is a huge rivalry and sometimes strange things happen in those games. The problem is, or it seemed to be, that you did not share this hope, Phil. It is obvious that you did not stress the importance of this rivalry to some of the players. After screwing up on a play in a key moment in a game like this, there is no way that the player should be laughing on the sidelines. There seems to be a total lack of care about this team and not just last night, but all season long. There is no excuse for this.

Phil, it is time for you be honest with yourself. You have lost your edge. You have lost control. You have lost the support of the better part of The Vol Nation. Exercise your last opportunity to show some class and step down.
You can still go out with a little dignity.

I echo those sentiments. Coach Fulmer has kept the program clean from NCAA violations and for that we are grateful. This program is bigger than one man and the time has come to step down. I understand loyalty but I truly believe we are now playing upper classmen when we all know that the younger players give us a better chance to compete ie. Willingham vs. Vinson. Thanks for the many fond memories that we as long time fanatics will remember from the Fulmer era but the University has every right to expect much more than we have been given recently.

P.S. If you read this board, would you please post and tell me where you bought the sweater you were wearing? I want one for my husband. Thanks!

It's funny how people write letters to players, coaches thinking or acting like it will be read by them.

Hillarious

I'm not signing anything with "Dear" Fulmer period. Would Gen. Neyland do it after watching this demise of Vol football.

It's funny how people write letters to players, coaches thinking or acting like it will be read by them.

Hillarious

Get a clue. I never thought Phil would read this. Just the format I decided to write it in.:shakehead:

I would like to start this off by saying thank you for your dedication to the program for many years. At one time, you were a great coach but as has been proven recently, the game has passed you by. You sir have lost control of what was once a very powerful and proud team. I understand that you are a very prideful man as well, and deep down you feel that you can turn this program around; but your pride has made you blind.

What you need to understand is this is not about Phil Fulmer or your legacy. This is about The University of Tennessee. This is about the State of Tennessee and the legions of fans that have supported this program for years. Do you not see, or simply do not care about, what has happened to the program and its affect on its supporters. Open your eyes and look around you, Phil.

This has been building for a long time and I think that down deep you have known it. Last night's Alabama game was just a culmination of what all of this has been leading to. I don't think that any rational Vol fan really thought that our boys could win that game but hope springs eternal. It is a huge rivalry and sometimes strange things happen in those games. The problem is, or it seemed to be, that you did not share this hope, Phil. It is obvious that you did not stress the importance of this rivalry to some of the players. After screwing up on a play in a key moment in a game like this, there is no way that the player should be laughing on the sidelines. There seems to be a total lack of care about this team and not just last night, but all season long. There is no excuse for this.

Phil, it is time for you be honest with yourself. You have lost your edge. You have lost control. You have lost the support of the better part of The Vol Nation. Exercise your last opportunity to show some class and step down.
You can still go out with a little dignity.

Dear Phail:

I find your letter offensive (imagine that), and Hammy and I are coming to kick you skinny a$$ for saying such things about a true Volunteer legend. Do you think I just became stupid yesterday? I've worked like heck for many years to get this way.

Yours truly,
Revered and Legendary (much more so than that Neyland guy) Coach Phil Fulmer

Hillarious

Dear Phail:

I find your letter offensive (imagine that), and Hammy and I are coming to kick you skinny a$$ for saying such things about a true Volunteer legend. Do you think I just became stupid yesterday? I've worked like heck for many years to get this way.

Yours truly,
Revered and Legendary (much more so than that Neyland guy) Coach Phil Fulmer

Well what do you know, he did read it.

VN Store

Back