Daytona Beach

nevermind. judging by the condos and beach line you might be closer down towards public beach access and Chases? hard to tell. there arent many places with 8 stores there.

course with the City of NSB seeing dollar signs (North Causeway, Hilton at Breakers), its only a matter of time before it becomes DB

That's just south of chases. Southwind condo.

You're not kidding about the growth. It was a ghost town when we first started going to New Smyrna. It's amazing how much it has changed. It was a great secret for a long time. Not now.

Reactions: 1 person
Was just in Jacksonville for a bit. Nice town, beach is ok. New Smyrna was always my beach when I lived in FL, recommended. St. Augustine is a nice little town and interesting. Currently sitting in Daytona Beach Shores watching it rain. We go to Daytona every year. It is sketchy, tweakers shuffling around is pretty common. If you like your Florida nice and crazy, come to Daytona. We are here because her family loves the place for some reason. I don't care I just come to swim waves.

Aunt Catfish is legit. Down the Hatch is good too. Flagler is an interesting little beach town, looks like "old" Florida to me. DBS is ok...but seriously there are better options. Do St. Augustine or New Smyrna on the Atlantic side, especially if you are bringing kids.

That's just south of chases. Southwind condo.

You're not kidding about the growth. It was a ghost town when we first started going to New Smyrna. It's amazing how much it has changed. It was a great secret for a long time. Not now.

Canal Street has blown up. Flagler too.

Just two of us. 28,25

Well you don't need a bunch of bedrooms then. If you were sleeping a bunch of kids or another couple, the condo route is a great way to go. Motel will definitely be less money for just two.

If you don't mind the 10-15min drive down to New Smyrna, I can definitely recommend a few restaurants that I think are better than about anything in Daytona. Down the hatch is pretty good though.

Daytona last night: Dude steals a 36ft boat and rams it onto the beach at full speed with no one on board. They caught him because he left his pants and ID on the ship. That is Daytona y'all! Come for the surf, stay for the crazy.
http://www.wftv.com/news/local/driverless-boat-washes-ashore-in-daytona-beach/539873415

If you have kids, go to Clearwater, St. Augustine, or New Smyrna. If you want old school crazy FL, come to Daytona.

U looking for an exciting beach or a chill spot? I love Indian rocks area, but I like to just chill on the beach with no noise/excitement (teacher summer syndrome) but you're a few miles from Clearwater in one direction, Tampa and st Pete too

U looking for an exciting beach or a chill spot? I love Indian rocks area, but I like to just chill on the beach with no noise/excitement (teacher summer syndrome) but you're a few miles from Clearwater in one direction, Tampa and st Pete too

I've been trying to tell them :)

My favorite Pinellas beaches are Ft DeSoto state park, Honeymoon island state park, Pass-a-Grille and Sand Key. Clearwater is a great beach, but we avoided it for the same reason almost all locals over 25 with kids do.

My favorite Pinellas beaches are Ft DeSoto state park, Honeymoon island state park, Pass-a-Grille and Sand Key. Clearwater is a great beach, but we avoided it for the same reason almost all locals over 25 with kids do.

We drove thru there one night. Caught the sunset over the bridge.

Last year we were in a house converted to a condo in IRB. This year we snagged a house at belleair shores.

Just to relax.

Just to relax.

Indian rocks. A lot of the restaurants are local but you have busier areas nearby for night time fun.

We went to okaloosa island (just down from destin) and for two straight years had to deal with the june grass. It sucks. The last time went you had to go out last Ur waist to clear it. I'd go back in May or October but not in the summer.

We decided not to go to Daytona, but instead we're heading to fort Myers beach. Has anyone been here?

VN Store

Back