David Blatt fired as Cavaliers coach, per sources

And here's the other thing. It's not broken. They finished the year 30-5 last year when LeBron came back. They are first in the East and didn't have Kyrie for the first six weeks. They are the best team in the Eastern Conference and it's not even really close. They took the Warriors to six games last year without two of the three best players. They could improve in some areas and I get firing Blatt since he never had the locker room, but there are just a few tweaks away from being a great team.

No matter how many tweaks they make, the Spurs and Warriors are much better than they are, and the Thunder might beat them in a series as well.

Wiggins averages more turnovers than assists and he is shooting less than 25% from 3. I really don't get why people like him right now. Yeah there is potential, but he would be worse than worthless on offense to the Cavs and D is not their problem.

The Cavs problem is the Center position and how the allot their minutes. They should offset the big 3 so they all get 16+ shots. At least put Shump in the starting lineup for Smith. You don't need 4 gunners and you can use that extra D.

I think it's nuts that they are looking to shop Love. In today's NBA stretch 4s are so important for spacing, and only an elite few can shoot and rebound like him. If they do deal him, I think it's a concession that they aren't winning a title now.

He's not a great midrange shooter and he's a terrible defender. There's a reason they sit him late as often as they do.

He's a good three point shooter and low post scorer though. And again, I think that's part of why they fired Blatt. Love gives his up on D, but giving Thompson 30 minutes a game at the 4 isn't the answer.

Two other thoughts:

1) Nobody talks about the horrible, horrible contract they gave Varajao. Paying him $10M a year for a third string center right now who can't stay healthy.

2) To go with point #1, they have to change their play completely when they go with Thompson at the 4. I wonder if they had a stretch 4 as the backup to Love (not sure who comes to mind) if it would help their flow.

Also, before this season, Love shot over 40% on shots from 16-23 foot (right before the point line) which is really, really good, so I don't know how that is apparently a problem.

No matter how many tweaks they make, the Spurs and Warriors are much better than they are, and the Thunder might beat them in a series as well.

Correct. Regular season is pointless. They're not built to beat those teams.

Two other thoughts:

1) Nobody talks about the horrible, horrible contract they gave Varajao. Paying him $10M a year for a third string center right now who can't stay healthy.

2) To go with point #1, they have to change their play completely when they go with Thompson at the 4. I wonder if they had a stretch 4 as the backup to Love (not sure who comes to mind) if it would help their flow.

So, Lebron should've done a better job constructing the roster?

Lulz, Lue's first game and he's running a Delly/Shumpert/Smith/Jones/Thompson group out there in the first quarter lolololol

I just don't get NBA coaches. I really don't.

You got a Delly/Williams/Shumpert/Love/Thompson lineup. Only guy that can create and score are Williams and Love. How many designed post ups for Love in those 3-4 minutes? Zero. None. How does that even happen? Call a freaking play.

I just don't get NBA coaches. I really don't.

You got a Delly/Williams/Shumpert/Love/Thompson lineup. Only guy that can create and score are Williams and Love. How many designed post ups for Love in those 3-4 minutes? Zero. None. How does that even happen? Call a freaking play.

Everybody is obsessed with small ball. My friends are talking about wanting to see a team USA lineup with Lebron as the 5. WTF

VN Store

Back