Dave Hooker newest member of Sport Talk trio

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
Joining Sport Talk in Chattanooga as the new co-host. Happy for Quake and Joe. They've done a phenomenal job since the passing of Dr. B. Hope Dave will bring some great things to the show.

Reactions: 5 people
Hooker has a good sense of humor. Flame away VN.

He really does, which I wouldn't have known had he not been a guest on the show several times. I think the three of them are going to be great together.

Maybe he can bring some legitimate UT information, instead of stupid crap like pro wrestling.

Always liked hooker.. Wondered why he wasn't on at 1 anymore.. Gonna miss listening to him.. Being able to stream wvlz, is a great thing to us vol fans that live far away..

He's got the talent to do well. Sometimes he sounds a little bored, but he digs up things that others don't.

Always liked hooker.. Wondered why he wasn't on at 1 anymore.. Gonna miss listening to him.. Being able to stream wvlz, is a great thing to us vol fans that live far away..

You can get Sport Talk on iHeart Radio at 4pm EST. But it takes like 15 minutes to start. I don't know what the deal is? None of the other stations (that I've tried anyway) do that.

Reactions: 1 person
He really does, which I wouldn't have known had he not been a guest on the show several times. I think the three of them are going to be great together.

I've noticed that he's been a guest several times on the show lately, too. This is great, he's going to fit in really well with those two. And, I believe he is a Tennessee fan, but he's really good at keeping things objective. I wonder if he's going to keep up his writing ?

Did anyone hear him when he was on the air a couple of weeks ago and explained the story about how he was the one who basically started the trouble with Lane Kiffin's tweet about not keeping in-state talent actually in-state? That story was so funny, but it was pretty long so he would have to say it again because I couldn't do it any justice by trying to restate the whole thing. But the whole fiasco was pretty much his fault. :)

Did anyone hear him when he was on the air a couple of weeks ago and explained the story about how he was the one who basically started the trouble with Lane Kiffin's tweet about not keeping in-state talent in st did anyone hear him when he was on the air a couple of weeks ago and explained the story about how he was the one who basically started the trouble with Lane Kiffin's tweet about not keeping in-state talent actually in-state? But story was so funny, but it was pretty long so he would have to say it again because I couldn't do it any justice by trying to restate the whole thing.

I laughed all the way home that day!! :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Dont think Ive ever heard Hooker, but Ive only listened to that show a few times. I can't get it at home but as I get to my work I can. I think my dad thought they were goof balls. Is the show any good in the sense of what they talk about and its flow? I like press row

I've always liked hook. I remember listening to him on kns show or whatever it was he was on when I worked in Knoxville an he always made fun of his co host chip Kane

Joining Sport Talk in Chattanooga as the new co-host. Happy for Quake and Joe. They've done a phenomenal job since the passing of Dr. B. Hope Dave will bring some great things to the show.

Just heard this yesterday. I'm happy with the choice. Hopefully with the addition of Dave we'll get a bit more "Vol flavor" added to the show with his insider knowledge. I've always liked Sports Talk in the afternoons but I always thought there was way too much golf and NASCAR chatter.

Does this mean he will no longer be doing his show on TSR from 10:00-11:00?

Last edited:
What will he do without "El Chico" commercials to take up 45 minutes of his 1 & 1/2 hour show?

He'll fit right in with Sport Talk. A normal hour is 10 minutes with the middle school volleyball coach, 45 minutes of commercials, and 5 minutes of content.

Be fair. You could say the same thing about Smoothie King on The Swain Event and Smartway on Basilio LOL.

Have you heard press row? Not only is there a lot of commercials but they tell you before they go to break and coming back that theyre sponsored by Hardens and it takes forever and Pascall is a recording almost. It gets old.

He'll fit right in with Sport Talk. A normal hour is 10 minutes with the middle school volleyball coach, 45 minutes of commercials, and 5 minutes of content.

I love the guys on Sport Talk, but this is true. I have a 15 minute commute home from work. There have been days I didn't hear a single bit of Sports.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back