Dante Phillips a VOL!

UT's law school is ranked about ten spots ahead of Kentucky but is behind Vandy, Uga, Bama, and UF in that order.

Why are we judging the quality of a school based on the ranking of it's law school? (Not just directed at you, but this whole conversation).

There are lots of programs. Each has it's own quality and they're largely independent.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, as someone who has a degree from a "top 10" school, the way they do the rankings is pretty absurd and the knowledge you get to go with your degree has way more to do with the work you put in than the school you attend.

Why are we judging the quality of a school based on the ranking of it's law school? (Not just directed at you, but this whole conversation).

There are lots of programs. Each has it's own quality and they're largely independent.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, as someone who has a degree from a "top 10" school, the way they do the rankings is pretty absurd and the knowledge you get to go with your degree has way more to do with the work you put in than the school you attend.

Ranking is by and large a huge circle jerk. Once out of the top 14 there's not much appreciable difference in 15 and 70. Regional ties trump.

Great news and a huge addition to our football team.

With his size he fits perfectly in a 4 man front as a strong DT and in our 3 man front he could become either a Nose or a DE so he can help us with depth in several ways.

Jobs well done by CDD and CSS to get this young man into our big Orange program.

VFL...GBO!!!

Don’t pay any attention to negavol.

He's the self appointed troll slayer... regardless of whether they're actually a troll or not. You say anything that doesn’t have a positive spin, BAM you're a troll.

In fact he's the troll. :salute:

HaHa, thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

No, I love Dooley! He is a UVA Guy- my wife attended UVA. I knew and rooted for Dooley to get the job when Lane left. Plus, he is a Lawyer. I am at UTK Law!!! I want him to succeed and be there for a long time!!!!

UTK law?

Really?

Not UT law?

Uh huh...lets see...you just joined....you immediately start concern trolling...you say Dooley is 'there' instead of 'here'....and you say 'utk' instead of UT.

Yup, sockpuppet from another team.

You need some more practice at your trollery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Florida has lowered their acceptance rate in recent years (still 50,000 students) which makes admissions more competitive. That is going to slowly change though as schools such as UCF and USF, more recent additions to the state school system, attract more students. As far as their academics go the only thing UF is known for is putting out some good golf course turf management people.

HaHaHa, awesome. The purposeful lowering of acceptance rate would in fact explain this whole situation, and unfortunately closes the door on some potentially great students that grow up to be outstanding citizens.

Yeah, I think it was more of a side bar conversation that worked its way into looking like we were trying to rate the school based off the Law School- that was not our intent; more of an observation.

[/QUOTE]Also, and perhaps more importantly, as someone who has a degree from a "top 10" school, the way they do the rankings is pretty absurd and the knowledge you get to go with your degree has way more to do with the work you put in than the school you attend.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the rankings are absurd. I completely agree with that paragraph.

UTK law?

Really?

Not UT law?

Uh huh...lets see...you just joined....you immediately start concern trolling...you say Dooley is 'there' instead of 'here'....and you say 'utk' instead of UT.

:blink:

:eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

You really are a troll. You're becoming one of my least favorite posters. People are allowed to say negative things about the team! There are a lot of negative things to be said about the team!

Deal with it.

UTK law?

Really?

Not UT law?

Ok????
UT Law discribes Texas.
UTK Law is the nickname held by the Law School.
The University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville

I said "there" because I was not at the school at the time Lane left. I went to a smaller school and rooted for UVA b/c the wife went there (now she goes to UT and likes it more) so I did not really claim a "team" per se. I liked Dooley back then, and I love him now.
I don't know what definition truly encompasses the term "trollery" but I am guessing that said definition is a grim prognostication into the fan or person I am.

Hope this explains it; if not, there seems no pleasing you on the subject.

I am and always will be a power "T" fan. My kids are growing up in Knoxville. This is my home, and it will be my alma mater forever. Go Vols!!!

You join...immediately start concern trolling...

Sorry, that stinks of sockpuppet.

At least spend a coupla weeks supporting the team before you start with it. We are infested with sockpuppets from other teams. You fit the suit.

People are allowed to say negative things about the team! There are a lot of negative things to be said about the team!

Anyone who joins VN and immediately starts concern trolling is 99 percent of the time a sockpuppet.

Deal with it.

Last edited:
It is my understanding you have to have a medical school on campus to be AAU. Our academics are fine, its just our medical school happens to be in Memphis. Missouri is AAU but I dont think A&M is. If you think Florida is any better academically for athletes play any interview given by Javon Kearse and you'll feel better.

Just saw the video off of ESPN of this kid (ESPN Recruiting Nation) and when ever he lines up at DT, he is doubled 99% of the time and still is able to make the play! Hopefully that will follow suit to Tennessee!

Negateer...why are you so worried on how people use abbreviations??? UTK is the "official" abbreviation for the university...the athletics department uses UT for simplicity reasons and it is easier to market.

Just saw the video off of ESPN of this kid (ESPN Recruiting Nation) and when ever he lines up at DT, he is doubled 99% of the time and still is able to make the play! Hopefully that will follow suit to Tennessee!

Melvie, just my thoughts. Dante is man-big playing against HS players who are standard teenagers. It's like bringing a Panzer tank to an old western high noon gunfight.

At the SEC level, he will face blockers who can't be run over or shoved aside like an afterthought. But man oh man if he hits the weight room and listens to Sal and get his technique down--opponents may believe they're seeing the return of Little, Haynesworth or White. Or they may start calling him "The Thing."

Melvie, just my thoughts. Dante is man-big playing against HS players who are standard teenagers. It's like bringing a Panzer tank to an old western high noon gunfight.

At the SEC level, he will face blockers who can't be run over or shoved aside like an afterthought. But man oh man if he hits the weight room and listens to Sal and get his technique down--opponents may believe they're seeing the return of Little, Haynesworth or White. Or they may start calling him "The Thing."

That can be said for every recruit, especially for those that come from lightly recruited states. But i must say that I completely agree with him hitting the weight room and actually listening/applying what Sal coaches to him! He has huge potential (the biggest weight in recruiting in my opinion) so it should be fun to watch him develop as these seasons go in his Vol career! Liked that tank analogy by the way haha!

Negateer...why are you so worried on how people use abbreviations??? UTK is the "official" abbreviation for the university...the athletics department uses UT for simplicity reasons and it is easier to market.

Another with just a few posts exclaiming the normality of saying 'UTK'.

Uh huh.

Just another 'long time vol fan', right?

Another with just a few posts exclaiming the normality of saying 'UTK'.

Uh huh.

Just another 'long time vol fan', right?

I've been on here longer than you have...I just have a life (while working and studying full time) and don't always get to log into VN as much as you apparently do.

There are a lot of schools that have different abbreviations for their athletic departments compared to their academia abbreviations. For example: University of Colorado Boulder(CU-athletics, UCB or CU Boulder-academic).

why are there any articles on Volnations external links section affirming this claim? I havent seen anyone verify this apart from here in the forums section.

VN Store

Back