Danny O

Reminds me of McCullers. A lot of hype coming in but in the end just a hole plugger. Can't wait for Tuttle & Mckenzie next year.. If Butch doesn't decide to redshirt them, smh....

Agreed! Defense is not the problem ( save 2nd half against Bama). We need an offense like Cutcliffe gave us. Speaking of, y'all see what Cut has done at Duke? Duke!!! Good grief. Nothing against CBJ but Cut should be our HC. You know it... I know it.

(1) That is the ACC not the SEC. DIfferent type of competition

(2) Cutcliffe didn't really want to be the head coach of U.T. Cutcliffe made demands that he knew that Hamilton would not say Yes to, thus making Hamilton look like the bad guy in the deal.

(3) Would you want to work for Hamilton??????

He occupies space and keeps AJ free to make plays. A hole plugger
This. I'd love for him to be more disruptive in the backfield but holding up in the middle and keeping the lbers free to make a play is important too. Too many people look at just TFL and sacks.

Reactions: 2 people
Like most, he will look better when talent on each side of him is better. He's played fine and has had arm issues as well.

Reminds me of McCullers. A lot of hype coming in but in the end just a hole plugger. Can't wait for Tuttle & Mckenzie next year.. If Butch doesn't decide to redshirt them, smh....

Can't wait till we can redshirt 5* this is when we can say we're back

Reactions: 1 person
Unfair just looking at stats. He takes up a lot of space and you don't see him getting knocked off the ball.

I know O'Brien gives his all on every play, but is he really an SEC DT? I don't want to be too critical, but the only plays I have seen him make were a sack against UTC and a tackle against Ole Miss, when the runner tripped over him lying on the ground. It seems he gets pancaked on most plays or is blocked completely out of the play.
he plays his heart out I'll give him that but he is a little under sized which I know kind of shocks people. He is about six two 280 which is a little small for a sec d tackle IMO.

I know O'Brien gives his all on every play, but is he really an SEC DT? I don't want to be too critical, but the only plays I have seen him make were a sack against UTC and a tackle against Ole Miss, when the runner tripped over him lying on the ground. It seems he gets pancaked on most plays or is blocked completely out of the play.

Sure... don't want to be critical but you are anyway... Awesome:banghead2:

Doesn't make a lot of big plays but he plays a good role on the defense by occupying one or two lineman so our linebackers and Barnett and Maggit can make
Plays. Plus I love his heart.

Thanks coach, that'll be taken under consideration. Tell me, what's your football history?

he plays his heart out I'll give him that but he is a little under sized which I know kind of shocks people. He is about six two 280 which is a little small for a sec d tackle IMO.

Tell that to John Randle and Warren Sapp.

VN Store

Back