Daniel Hood on Pruitt compared to Butch

Butch Jones wasn't a fraud. UT...and the fans bought his act. That's not Butch's fault.

The day Butch was hired he couldn't talk enough about the 4 "championships" he won in 6 seasons as a coach.

The fans lapped it up. Remember "Butch gets it!"...all over this forum?

If anyone dared question those "championships" they were immediately labeled a nega-vol, etc.

No, surly fans would learn not to do that over agai.....wait, nevermind.

It’s sad that every thread that mentions Daniel Hood turns into this exact same thread. The guy is a VFL, he grew up in East TN, his family loves the Vols and so does he. Can we please move on from this?

Reactions: 3 people
You made an extreme analogy. If Hood had raped the girl, then no he should have never played anywhere. He didnt. He paid for his mistake. It shouldnt have prevented him from following his dreams.

Like i said earlier this matters everywhere expect Hollywood, music industry and sports.

Reactions: 1 person
Sure, go ahead

Seriously? What's your deal buddy? Hood was 13 when that happened... 2003 for anyone looking at the calendar. He was a tween who followed another kid's lead, made a terrible mistake and paid dearly. He has been nothing but a model student, athlete and adult. It seems every time he comes up you seek it out. Obsession and grudges will cut years off your life. Move past it.

Reactions: 4 people
Butch Jones wasn't a fraud. UT...and the fans bought his act. That's not Butch's fault.

The day Butch was hired he couldn't talk enough about the 4 "championships" he won in 6 seasons as a coach.

The fans lapped it up. Remember "Butch gets it!"...all over this forum?

If anyone dared question those "championships" they were immediately labeled a nega-vol, etc.
Eggggggsactly. We are hearing the same thing now. I wonder at what point everyone will turn on Pruitt as being a fraud, BFL, etc etc etc

Maybe when he actually coaches a few GAMES? :dunno:

You're doing it wrong.
You're supposed to enter new era's all pissy and moaning from the start. And disparaging anyone feeling good.

It's the only take on the hobby you're supposed to enjoy.

You're doing it wrong.
You're supposed to enter new era's all pissy and moaning from the start. And disparaging anyone feeling good.

It's the only take on the hobby you're supposed to enjoy.

Yep... I get "wait and see". I'll never understand "***** and moan so I can be the first one who's right if things go bad".

Reactions: 5 people
It’s sad that every thread that mentions Daniel Hood turns into this exact same thread. The guy is a VFL, he grew up in East TN, his family loves the Vols and so does he. Can we please move on from this?

Same with Stallworth,Ainge and Little. It’s sad. I’m not sure if it’s because that’s all these people know about the player and it’s a conversation starter or because it’s a personal issue of their own that they’re struggling with and they’re jealous that these players had the courage to make life changes when they couldn’t. At the same time they loooove Peyton Manning and are happy to blindly ignore sexual assault allegations because “he was just a kid ‘

Maybe when he actually coaches a few GAMES? :dunno:
No, they will turn on him when he loses a few games and doesn't live up to the hype.

(Hand full of national championship rings and all that)

At Bama

Like i said earlier this matters everywhere expect Hollywood, music industry and sports.

Not true. Armed forces recruiting offices are flooded with kids sent there trying to escape childhood mistakes. Many many pretrial diversions are linked to enlisting.

The only industries where you actually hear about it are Hollywood,music,and sports because of the visibility. Don’t be naive.

No, they will turn on him when he loses a few games and doesn't live up to the hype.

(Hand full of national championship rings and all that)

At Bama

But what if he wins a few games? What will we do with this extra bile? :puke5:

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously? What's your deal buddy? Hood was 13 when that happened... 2003 for anyone looking at the calendar. He was a tween who followed another kid's lead, made a terrible mistake and paid dearly. He has been nothing but a model student, athlete and adult. It seems every time he comes up you seek it out. Obsession and grudges will cut years off your life. Move past it.
Just stated my opinion which is what a message board is. If you disagree, then great, i dont refer to anyone as a disgrace or a lesser human begin because they disagree with me. All ive done since stating my opinion is respond to those that have responded to me. There is nothing to move past, as my opinion on the subject has zero impact on my daily life

Not true. Armed forces recruiting offices are flooded with kids sent there trying to escape childhood mistakes. Many many pretrial diversions are linked to enlisting.

The only industries where you actually hear about it are Hollywood,music,and sports because of the visibility. Don’t be naive.

Here are the recruiting regulations for 3 of the 5 branches, to show you that you are incorrect in your first statement.

Army: The Army's Recruiting Regulation, 601-210, paragraph 4-8b: states that* any "applicant who, as a condition for any civil conviction or adverse disposition or any other reason through a civil or criminal court, is ordered or subjected to a sentence that implies or imposes enlistment into the Armed Forces of the United States is not eligible for enlistment."Air Force: The Air Force Recruiting Regulation, AETCI 36-2002, table 1-1, lines 7 and 8, makes an applicant ineligible for enlistment if they are "released from restraint, or civil suit, or charges on the condition of entering military service, if the restraint, civil suit, or criminal charges would be reinstated if the applicant does not enter military service."Marines: The Marine Corps Recruiting Regulation, MCO P1100.72B, Chapter 3, Section 2, Part H, Paragraph 12 states: "Applicants may not enlist as an alternative to criminal prosecution, indictment, incarceration, parole, probation, or another punitive sentence. They are ineligible for enlistment until the original assigned sentence would have been completed."

Secondly the supreme court has ruled several times that juvy records must be revealed for military applicants. While felony conviction can be waived, participating in a forcable rape is not one of those for most branches.

When those convicts are allowed in the military they also require a waiver and is genrally frowned upon. Whereas in sports, Hollywood and music they are generally defended and made irrelevent because of the persons talent.

Also interesting is the narrative of our military forming on this board. First he have a suicidal fan with mental illness and the first assumption is that he is a vet. And now we have recruting officed "flooded" with reject criminals.
I was a Marine Corps recrutier for 3 years. The overwhelming majority of my applicants needed very minor waivers, such as mj use. I had 2 felony waiver (both juveniles at the time) one assualt (fight as school) and one felony theft ( dollar amount was the only factor making it a felony. So of the approx 115 people i put in the marines 2 required those waiver, couple other waivers but those were medical.

Last edited:
Same with Stallworth,Ainge and Little. It’s sad. I’m not sure if it’s because that’s all these people know about the player and it’s a conversation starter or because it’s a personal issue of their own that they’re struggling with and they’re jealous that these players had the courage to make life changes when they couldn’t. At the same time they loooove Peyton Manning and are happy to blindly ignore sexual assault allegations because “he was just a kid ‘

In reference to Manning, you aware of the difference between allegation and conviction?

Here are the recruiting regulations for 3 of the 5 branches, to show you that you are incorrect in your first statement.

Army: The Army's Recruiting Regulation, 601-210, paragraph 4-8b: states that* any "applicant who, as a condition for any civil conviction or adverse disposition or any other reason through a civil or criminal court, is ordered or subjected to a sentence that implies or imposes enlistment into the Armed Forces of the United States is not eligible for enlistment."Air Force: The Air Force Recruiting Regulation, AETCI 36-2002, table 1-1, lines 7 and 8, makes an applicant ineligible for enlistment if they are "released from restraint, or civil suit, or charges on the condition of entering military service, if the restraint, civil suit, or criminal charges would be reinstated if the applicant does not enter military service."Marines: The Marine Corps Recruiting Regulation, MCO P1100.72B, Chapter 3, Section 2, Part H, Paragraph 12 states: "Applicants may not enlist as an alternative to criminal prosecution, indictmenyt, incarceration, parole, probation, or another punitive sentence. They are ineligible for enlistment until the original assigned sentence would have been completed."

Secondly the supreme court has ruled several times that juvy records must be revealed for military applicants. While felony conviction can be waived, participating in a forcable rape is not one of those for most branches.

Not sure when that reg came about, but, I had a good friend that joined up as opposed to going to trial (circa 1974). While I served I met several soldiers who joined under the same circumstances. Maybe that's a new reg.

VN Store

Back