Dane Bradshaw Hits First 3 in Rupp

And Dane will be first to tell you wen he was a player here, the 3 ball was a breath holding experience. Lol all kidding aside I remember that time his percentage was like 20% and he threw one up from the wing and he raised his arms with the refs good signal. Meanwhile all us in the house were like screaming NOOOOO what are you thinking and he drilled it. Oh the joys of fandom when those no's became instant jubilation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He was 1-4 from the field in 2006, but I was happy to be there to watch CLo pour in 31 and get the win. Took forever to get out of the parking garage because when the departing fans saw our orange, they pulled up on the bumper of the car in front so we couldn't get out. We just laughed.

I can remember a 3 he made from the exact same spot @USCe where he turned to taunt the Carolina fans as soon as he released it knowing it was good.

His career at UT speaks to the insanity of the UT fanbase.

First few years he was vilified because he couldn't make an outside shot and apparently we took him over Lee Humphreys, who signed with Florida.

CBP gets hired, changes the offense and moves Bradshaw to the post and now many list him as one of their all time favorites at UT.

BTW...same thing seems to be going on with Armani currently. Although recruited as a PG by CCM, he's now playing in the post and quickly becoming a fan favorite.

Reactions: 2 people
and apparently we took him over Lee Humphreys, who signed with Florida.

Biggest myth in Tennessee basketball over the last 15 years.

Bradshaw was recruited as a PG, Humphrey a SG. Tennessee took transfer, Scooter McFadgon, over Lee Humphrey. I'd take Scooter 10x out of 10 if I'm choosing between he and Humphrey.

I loved Dane Bradshaw, he was a hard nosed, gritty player. If were being perfectly honest though, he had no business being a starter in the SEC, much less at the 4 position.

His career at UT speaks to the insanity of the UT fanbase.

First few years he was vilified because he couldn't make an outside shot and apparently we took him over Lee Humphreys, who signed with Florida.

CBP gets hired, changes the offense and moves Bradshaw to the post and now many list him as one of their all time favorites at UT.

BTW...same thing seems to be going on with Armani currently. Although recruited as a PG by CCM, he's now playing in the post and quickly becoming a fan favorite.

I started to say much the same thing yesterday: "Armani is the new Bradshaw." He may not be the best pure shooter in the world, but he is just a player that makes his team better.

I loved Dane Bradshaw, he was a hard nosed, gritty player. If were being perfectly honest though, he had no business being a starter in the SEC, much less at the 4 position.

I would disagree. He was very effective until he hurt his wrist. After that, he had no business starting, but it wasn't his fault.

I thought it was his shoulder?

He probably hurt that too, but I am pretty sure it was his wrist, in the last year of his UT career. Either way, he was almost unable to even shoot beyond a few feet. He hid it well, but it was obvious he was a liability on the offensive end.

Yeah, but CCM figured out quick that Armani was fit for the post. Armani ended up beating out Kenny Hall in the PF spot, which really helped our SEC run. Armani ran point MAYBE 3 times his freshmen year, it was obvious his handles couldn't compete with the super quick PGs defending him.

Not really even fair that Armani is called a PG. He's been playing the 4/PF spot since he started getting PT.

He probably hurt that too, but I am pretty sure it was his wrist, in the last year of his UT career. Either way, he was almost unable to even shoot beyond a few feet. He hid it well, but it was obvious he was a liability on the offensive end.

True, it could have been both. I know he injured his shoulder at some point because when he hit the winning baseline drive against Ok. St., he talked about how hard it was for him to even get his arm up to get the shot off. He was certainly one tough individual if nothing else. The way he played the game, it wouldn't surprise me if he hurt any number of other joints.

Anybody remember that last second put back Dane had to beat UF? Wasn't Dane also the player that busted Noahs nose wide open? Dane was a scrapper, that's for sure. He also usually seemed to be in the right spots during some of the biggest moments of the game too.

Last edited:
Anybody remember that last second put back Dane had to beat UF? Wasn't Dane also the player that busted Noahs nose wide open?

The put back was against OK st. But I seem to remember he had a layup to put us ahead one yr. Seems like we got a steal and he had a run out. If I'm remembering correctly.

Vols Win on Bradshaw's Putback and Cowboys' Carelessness :: No. 15 Oklahoma State had 14 second half turnovers

But I think he was the one that broke Noah's nose tho.

Last edited:
The put back was against OK st.

Vols Win on Bradshaw's Putback and Cowboys' Carelessness :: No. 15 Oklahoma State had 14 second half turnovers

CJ Watson broke Noah's nose, and I think he may have been thinking of the play where Dane stole the inbound pass sidecourt, and made a spin move in the lane for a layup to beat Florida (at Florida I believe) in their first Nat. Championship season.

The link to the game you posted is the one I was referencing in my earlier post. Dane was playing with a badly injured shoulder.

Hmm....I would of swore he had one to beat UF too. Maybe it was just to send a game into OT or something.

See my above post. He did have one.

Watch "Dane Bradshaw Wins Game" on YouTube
Dane Bradshaw Wins Game: http://youtu.be/ZWgU0_uhVns

Last edited:
CJ Watson broke Noah's nose, and I think he may have been thinking of the play where Dane stole the inbound pass sidecourt, and made a spin move in the lane for a layup to beat Florida (at Florida I believe) in their first Nat. Championship season.

The link to the game you posted is the one I was referencing in my earlier post. Dane was playing with a badly injured shoulder.

YES, that's the play!!!! I knew I remembered him beating UF on a last second play. I remember him having two game winning plays. I guess the other one was against OSU like lefteye said.

The put back was against OK st. But I seem to remember he had a layup to put us ahead one yr. Seems like we got a steal and he had a run out. If I'm remembering correctly.

Dane hit a layup to beat Florida after he crashed to the floor on the offensive end and didn't get untangled from press row. Lofton intercepted a bad pass from Brewer and when he looked up there was Dane all by himself. That was in TBA.

He also stole the inbounds pass that let them beat them in Gainsville that year.

CJ Watson knocked out at least one of Noah's teeth with an elbow (probably be a flagrant 2 in today's game) Not sure if that broke his nose or not. I think that was at Florida.

Edit: I type too slow.

YES, that's the play!!!! I knew I remembered him beating UF on a last second play. I remember him having two game winning plays. I guess the other one was against OSU like lefteye said.

Bradshaw also won the game vs UF at home that year too. Lofton stole the pass from Brewer on a fast break and hit Bradshaw with a 3/4 court pass for a layup.

That's right, man my memory is getting bad. Oh well. Preciate the reminder.

Yeah, but CCM figured out quick that Armani was fit for the post. Armani ended up beating out Kenny Hall in the PF spot, which really helped our SEC run. Armani ran point MAYBE 3 times his freshmen year, it was obvious his handles couldn't compete with the super quick PGs defending him.

Not really even fair that Armani is called a PG. He's been playing the 4/PF spot since he started getting PT.

Thank you for pointing this out. People have been acting like this year was the first time he's ever played PF here.

VN Store

Back