Dan Mullen hires Houston OC Brian Johnson for his staff at Florida

could work then. seems like a promising up and comer.

also I can't tell if this D4H guy is a troll or just someone who actually thinks he's smarter than everyone else? i've been trying to figure this out for a while now, even though he's on my ignore list the dude just has such a toxic presence that he's simply unavoidable with all the people who quote him on this board.

He’s not smarter than anyone.
He’s a self admitted bandwagon fan.
Who started following UT only a few years ago
Will quit at the first hint of trouble
But be back and claim it was all an act
When the team gets on a roll

Reactions: 1 person
Mullen will be fired from Florida in 5 years.

Georgia and Tennessee will own him.

I don't think his recruiting will be up to the level necessary to win big in the SEC.

Dude Florida owned us with Jim freaking McElwain. Mullen has had his team #1 in the nation. Starkville is a recruiting black hole. Now he is in the most talented state in the country for HS football players. Mullen is a players coach. He has a good DC.

Until we make serious improvements on both sides of the ball, UF will own us.

Dude Florida owned us with Jim freaking McElwain. Mullen has had his team #1 in the nation. Starkville is a recruiting black hole. Now he is in the most talented state in the country for HS football players. Mullen is a players coach. He has a good DC.

Until we make serious improvements on both sides of the ball, UF will own us.

McElwain benefitted from 3 top 5 recruiting classes Muschamp had on campus. The Florida team today has no talent. And Mullen is not a good recruiter.

Florida is finished now.

McElwain benefitted from 3 top 5 recruiting classes Muschamp had on campus. The Florida team today has no talent. And Mullen is not a good recruiter.

Florida is finished now.

Lol. Yeah we will see. Just like we were going 11-1 and winning the natty. Clemson was going to lose 3 games. Georgia Tech was going to win their division. Georgia was going 8-4 and Michigan was gonna be 13-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Mullen is a great coach. It's silly to state otherwise.

Not sure about Johnson. I'm sure he'll do well and is familiar with Mullen.

Florida is finished now.

All of McElwaine classes were ranked around 10th lol you really think that’s no talent?

Also muschamp left like 4 or 5 scholarship OL and nobody on offense if Mac didn’t land Callaway we would of been ****ed lol if Mac could win 10 it’s definitely in the realm of possibility Mullen could surprise a lot of folks too

Mullen actually walks into a decent amount of talent on offense despite what McElwaine did with them just need to coach them up as long Matt Corral sticks I think Mullen can get solid play out or him or Franks and do a lot better with the OL those guys basically all return for the third year with a stud transfer in Jean Delance and a big time freshman in Richard Gouriage at OT

Plus skill guys like

Malik Davis
Lamical Perine
Kadarius Toney
Tyrie Cleveland
Freddie Swain
Josh Hammond
James Robinson
Daquon Green
Kemore Gamble

**** that might be more talent then Mullen ever has had in his life at WR with a stud RB in Malik Davis and Toney could be a Percy Harvin type that dude is a beast could be perfect RB/WR combo

Defense ain’t horrible either esp with the 17 DB class and guys like Cece Jefferson and Jachai Polite on DL but def not what muschamp left

Last edited:
D4H continues to be a clueless moron who acts like a football genius

Mullen damn near beat Bama like a month ago he had the game tied 24-24 with 90 seconds left before he lost on a last second TD

Also blew LSU out of their own stadium on homecoming

He did this with a 2 star quarterback at Mississippi ****ing State!

Yep Florida is finished lol

Last edited:
D4H continues to be a clueless moron who acts like a football genius

Mullen damn near beat Bama like a month ago he had the game tied 24-24 with 90 seconds left before he lost on a last second TD

Also blew LSU out of their own stadium on homecoming

He did this with a 2 star quarterback at Mississippi ****ing State!

Yep Florida is finished lol

Rich Rodriguez looked like a stud at West Virginia and we all saw him flame out in Michigan.

Dan Mullen is not very good. He just did decently at a small job and people think that will translate to a big job like Florida. That doesn't always work out.

I’m not going to pretend I’m Miss Cleo here and can read the future.

All I know is that Florida, Florida State and Miami have shown that they can only be down for so long regardless of what other schools in the state are doing.

Spurrier came to Florida while FSU and Miami were the best two teams in the country. Butch Davis got to Miami while FSU and Florida were rolling. Jimbo Fisher came to FSU at a time when Urban had it rolling.

So, we’ll see.

Rich Rodriguez looked like a stud at West Virginia and we all saw him flame out in Michigan.

Dan Mullen is not very good. He just did decently at a small job and people think that will translate to a big job like Florida. That doesn't always work out.

What he did at Mississippi State was a miracle, same as Franklin at Vandy.

Does it mean he’ll do great at florida? Who knows.

Rich Rodriguez didn’t win 2 National titles at Michigan in 3 years as offensive coordinator then return to Michigan as head coach after a decade head coaching exp in the big 10

Mullen knows what it takes to when at UF having been a apart of the best few years in school history

It was a horrible fit for rich rod at Michigan lol seriously bud great example

Also for Mullen its a great fit front office wise since he's reunited with the same AD that hired him at Miss st who he worked with from 09-15

I could easily say Pruitt is gonna flop because every saban assistant except Smart has sucked and it would hold a lot more weight then your logic but I’m not gonna because I honestly don’t know

Although saban assistants being ****ty head coaches have played a big part in the sec east being trash right now if you ask me

Last edited:
Only a moron like you that thought up until recently coaching didn’t matter much wouldn’t be impressed by the job he did at miss st but hey your probably still in middle school so you wouldn’t know how bad a job Miss st was before he got there

Not only was he far more successful then any coach in the schools history he did it at a time when the SEC West was more competitive then it’s ever been

Also set them up pretty damn well to keep it going too with the team their returning

I’ll take the 9 years sec head coaching exp and proven ability to develop a quarterback you can have the first timer we been there already

I personally wouldn’t take another saban cronie after the last 2 guys we had

I wouldn't call too many people morons being a gator fan and all. But you're not wrong. lol

I actually agree with this. It's annoying that people seem to think 8-4 at a bad program automatically means 11-1 at a good one.

We've had people on this board saying with a straight face that Bill Snyder is a better coach than Nick Saban. Hell, daj said it about Richt.

Mullen is thoroughly uninspiring. He might go 9-3 and win the East, but he's been historically awful in big games against good teams (even when MSU was ranked) and it's a pretty big assumption to think that will magically change now.

I actually agree with this. It's annoying that people seem to think 8-4 at a bad program automatically means 11-1 at a good one.

We've had people on this board saying with a straight face that Bill Snyder is a better coach than Nick Saban. Hell, daj said it about Richt.

Don’t think anybody said he automatically wins a title cuz he’s at UF just that he might perform better with the talent pool that is Florida at his disposal

UF has had a **** offense for so long when he actually has things looking as good as even Miss st did this year he will get much better players then he ever did at MSU

Go take a look at Dak Prescott and Nick Fitzgerald rankings coming out of high school its bad but he made them some of the best quarterbacks in the sec

Always seemed to have pretty good RBs and WRs too

With that at Florida he will be able to upgrade the talent he had at MSU ten fold

Not to mention going from the west to the east yea I think he can do better at UF

Some of y’all I guess just don’t realize how ****ty MSU was for decades and decades before he got there

Like the dude above said I’d compare it to James Franklin when he was hired from Vandy he hit his ceiling there but to say he should of done better is ****ing laughable

Although Mullen was actually more impressive then Franklin he competed in the SEC West instead of a ****ty east

Last edited:
Mullen is thoroughly uninspiring. He might go 9-3 and win the East, but he's been historically awful in big games against good teams (even when MSU was ranked) and it's a pretty big assumption to think that will magically change now.

I rarely disagree with your posts, but I am fully in the other direction here. Mullen has spent the past 9 years scrapping his way through the toughest division in college football basically with one hand tied behind his back. He has been the head coach of 40% of the school's all-time bowl teams, a program with a history dating back 120 years.

Also, what are your definitions of "awful" and "big games"? As mentioned earlier, he has held his own against the heavyweights of the division on multiple occasions, and he is 5-2 in bowl games.

Do I think this automatically means he is going to tear it up at UF? No, I think it remains to be seen. However, the only thing about his tenure in Starkville that I would consider "thoroughly uninspiring" was his talent level in comparison to his competition. All things considered, he did an exceptional job.

VN Store

Back