D.o.r.m.a.d.y d.o.r.m.a.d.y. D.o.r.m.a.d.y.

I thought this was an off-season thread to teach everyone how to spell his name...

Happy Birthday, DormaNdy!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Dormady is not our best option in Butch Jones' system. And, he never will be. Jones system won't work without a very mobile QB. Not saying I don't like Dormady's game. I think he can be a really good QB. But, as long as we run this offense he won't ever be the man.

He is mobile. He's just not a run first QB. He's very accurate when rolling out and I have no doubt that he'll get a lot of rushing yardage if defenses don't account for him.

Reactions: 3 people
Dormady is not our best option in Butch Jones' system. And, he never will be. Jones system won't work without a very mobile QB. Not saying I don't like Dormady's game. I think he can be a really good QB. But, as long as we run this offense he won't ever be the man.

Just be a damn good qb

Reactions: 1 person

I've been saying this ever since he sent in his LOI, always liked jones better than him.

Dormady is no gimmick. He is a real honest qb. That's something the masses haven't seen in a long. long time. I cannot wait till he gets to take this team to the promised land. There is NO WAY an incoming freshman will beat him out for the QB of the Tennessee volunteers. Think about it.

"Threw for 2,893 yards on 210-of-369 with 32 touchdowns as a senior in 2014
Also rushed for five touchdowns and 261 yards"

He is mobile. He's just not a run first QB. He's very accurate when rolling out and I have no doubt that he'll get a lot of rushing yardage if defenses don't account for him.

I seem to remember him taking off for a 30 yard scramble during the spring game if I recall correctly. He is certainly mobile enough. He can escape pressure and throw very well on the run which can drive defenses crazy. See his TD strike to Preston Williams during the WC game this year as evidence.

I am impressed that Dormady has waited patiently for his turn. I believe he can run the offense very well, runs well enough, and had a plus arm. Top end guy, and deserves his shot when it comes. Hard to believe that anyone trashes him really, because we need a game ready backup, and Dobbs will run out of eligibility like everyone else.

Go QD, HBD, and thanks for being a VFL.

So you know this how? One has been on campus and thrown TD passes in college games and one hasen't even had one college practice.

He only threw one TD pass and it was against the worst Defense we played. Lets not hype either of them up til they actually do something worthy of the hype.

Happy Birthday QD!!!

Dormady to Guantanamo is like Dobbs to Worley (Sort of). Dormady is obviously is the better passer, with much more experience and will receive the starting job over Guantanamo.

However, Butch will realize the offense functions better under Guantanamo and he will earn the starting job.

This couldn't be any further from the truth. If he didn't fit our system he never would have been recruited. When Debord came in he listed what he needs for his QB to be successful and in their system. He needs to be accurate, have good football IQ,be able to read defense's and to be a leader. He said he DOES not need a pure running QB. Long as he has some mobility and at least be a threat to keep the ball. Dormady falls into all those categories. Being accurate is at the very top of what Debord wants from his QB. Dobb's isn't even the perfect QB for this system because of his accuracy issues and still tends to be turnover prone. Like Debord has said from the start, having a good running QB is only a bonus but needs those other attributes to funny run the offense.

I seem to remember him taking off for a 30 yard scramble during the spring game if I recall correctly. He is certainly mobile enough. He can escape pressure and throw very well on the run which can drive defenses crazy. See his TD strike to Preston Williams during the WC game this year as evidence.

Exactly. He has more than enough mobility and is a great fit for our offense. Don't understand the constant posts that he has no mobility or that he isn't a fit for the offense..both of those statements couldn't be anymore wrong. Truth be told none of us including the Coach's have a clue who takes over once Dobb's is gone. We have 3 highly rated,extremely talented QB's behind Dobb's. We will be more than good at QB.Dobb's is far from the perfect QB for this offense. If he could ever become more accurate, less turnover prone and just a better passing QB then our offense will be lethal.

Dormady to Guantanamo is like Dobbs to Worley (Sort of). Dormady is obviously is the better passer, with much more experience and will receive the starting job over Guantanamo.

However, Butch will realize the offense functions better under Guantanamo and he will earn the starting job.

Who the hell is Guantanamo?

I believe that the offense has been adjusted to fit the skill set of Dobbs with Hurd lined up next to him. Remember that Worley was the starter until he was too injured to continue. Then the first replacement for Worley was Peterman. Dormady seems like a more talented version of Worley/Peterman. Dobbs is a special athlete and Butch DeBord deserves credit for not being so bull-headed to not make adjustments in their philosophy in order to take advantage of what Dobbs brings to the offense.

VN Store

Back