Current recruiting needs

Any leg work will benefit an athlete, but the instructor has to do what you just did and explain how it benefits the athlete. . . . , detriment is the wrong word and I stand corrected.

I agree with you... girls don’t typically jump 5’6” though so even if she was just using talent and ability she has something in there. Also I think this may have been her first year doing track so that’s even more incredible if that’s true.

No harm no foul I was just excited to share my expertise :) track is such an overlooked sport that when I can share some knowledge I like to :)

Reactions: mcannon1
I agree with you... girls don’t typically jump 5’6” though so even if she was just using talent and ability she has something in there. Also I think this may have been her first year doing track so that’s even more incredible if that’s true.

No harm no foul I was just excited to share my expertise :) track is such an overlooked sport that when I can share some knowledge I like to :)

I ran the 100 and the 440 (Yds, not meters). To this day I teach using my track coach's mechanical trait phrases. e,g,,"Run with no wasted motion"... He taught me to do this by focusing on something in the distant that was eye level and limiting its up and down movement as I run. He called it "loping"...

I use this same "no wasted motion " teaching when I teach slidesteps. If there is any movement (in your shoulder-line) up n down in your slide-step, it is costing you speed. The slidestep should be executed in the lower legs, not in the hips and your shoulders should move parallell and with no up n down movement . . . the same is true in the dropstep. No vertical movement in the body when executing a drop-step or a slidestep.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
I ran the 100 and the 440 (Yds, not meters). To this day I teach using my track coach's mechanical trait phrases. e,g,,"Run with no wasted motion"... He taught me to do this by focusing on something in the distant that was eye level and limiting its up and down movement as I run. He called it "loping"...

I use this same "no wasted motion " teaching when I teach slidesteps. If there is any movement (in your shoulder-line) up n down in your slide-step, it is costing you speed. The slidestep should be executed in the lower legs, not in the hips and your shoulders should move parallell and with no up n down movement . . . the same is true in the dropstep. No vertical movement in the body when executing a drop-step or a slidestep.

Ugh! “Loping” i HATE IT! Same thing with the wasted motion of having a lot of back kick when sprinting 🙄. You are teaching sound techniques that will not only maximize your athletes potential but also cut down on the risk of injury! A lot of times lopers use one side of the body more than the other which causes more wear and tear... teach them to always be on balance and always be inline and in good posture! Sorry I just get excited 😁

Ugh! “Loping” i HATE IT! Same thing with the wasted motion of having a lot of back kick when sprinting 🙄. You are teaching sound techniques that will not only maximize your athletes potential but also cut down on the risk of injury! A lot of times lopers use one side of the body more than the other which causes more wear and tear... teach them to always be on balance and always be inline and in good posture! Sorry I just get excited 😁

I call my balance points TNT (Top, Knees, Toes).
Top over knees, knees over toes.
I teach them to keep their TNT aligned at all times,when in an athletic position.

At this point Tennessee don't have a real need. Meme Jackson will need to be replaced next year and right now they have Evina Westbrook, Jazmine Massengill, Zaay Green and Jordan Horston fighting for the job and may have others. Cheridene Green and Lou Brown will be gone after this year, Kasiyahna Kushkituah, Kamera Harris, Mimi Collins, Tamari Key, and Tamari Key fighting for the job to replace these two. Only God knows if Rennia Davis will be back, she is only about two inches away in height from being a Candace Parker. sure wish we would get one more playes, I'm hoping for Rickea Jackson. we will need some room for the 2020 class. I beleave we will get Kamilla Cardoso and Treasure Hunt from Hamilton Heights Christian Academy.

Reactions: dtnvol
Yes, Davis could leave after this year, but she could graduate, stay at UT and get a masters degree. I would be happy just getting Rogers this time and move on to the 2020 class.

We need a top post player. It would balance our guard heavy team. I feel like we have solid bigs but no one to really take over a game or someone we can run our offense through. I surely hope Rennia stays.
Anxious to see how our freshmen do. Haven’t got to see much of them.

One of the reason why, Jackson is a nice pickup.

Jackson, Horston, Rennia, attacking on the wing.... wow.

VN Store

Back