Cube Show - Top 5 toughest places to play in SEC

LSU is 4-9-2 against Tennessee in Death Valley :)

Another impressive stat in the LSU series is our crushing 13-1-2 record against them thru the 1972 Astro Bluebonnet Bowl (W).
My only visit to Tiger Stadium was in 2000 when they won 38-31 in OT and tore down the goal posts! We lost the game on downs inside the 5 yard line.

Another impressive stat in the LSU series is our crushing 13-1-2 record against them thru the 1972 Astro Bluebonnet Bowl (W).
My only visit to Tiger Stadium was in 2000 when they won 38-31 in OT and tore down the goal posts! We lost the game on downs inside the 5 yard line.

Until the 2001 SEC Championship game, we were 19-4-3 against them. They were essentially like Ole Miss to us aka one wrung above Vanderbilt. And even in that losing streak we had to them, we rarely got blown out except 2011 and 2017 and imo, 2011 and 2017 UT were the worst teams in Tennessee history, at least in the AP Poll era.

Maybe it was misplaced, but I told everyone who would listen on here before the game last year that Tennessee plays well against LSU and in Death Valley for some reason. I went into that stadium fully expecting a win. Got heckled by some Cajuns on the way in. They asked me if I was ready to see my team get their asses kicked. Haha!

Until the 2001 SEC Championship game, we were 19-4-3 against them. They were essentially like Ole Miss to us aka one wrung above Vanderbilt. And even in that losing streak we had to them, we rarely got blown out except 2011 and 2017 and imo, 2011 and 2017 UT were the worst teams in Tennessee history, at least in the AP Poll era.

Maybe it was misplaced, but I told everyone who would listen on here before the game last year that Tennessee plays well against LSU and in Death Valley for some reason. I went into that stadium fully expecting a win. Got heckled by some Cajuns on the way in. They asked me if I was ready to see my team get their asses kicked. Haha!
2011 with Devrin Young as a Hail Mary at running back because we sucked so bad and were recruiting two stars? Yeah they were pretty awful.

I actually started watching it before I realized it's an hour-long video. Maybe you can give us a hint?
People REALLY expect me to waste an hour of my life on what is basically just a click bait opinion piece? No thanks. That is my biggest problem with YouTube personalities; the content percentage vs time is obscenely low. They will turn what is five minutes worth on information into 20 to 30 minute snooze fest. I have about quit watching talkingvawls for this exact reason. Do they get paid by the minute or something 🙄

I kind of like Cubelic. Former Auburn guy that carries a torch for 'Burn but doesn't let it cloud his judgements and reporting.
Unlike some SEC TV guys...

As far as stadiums and 'toughest' to play in, that goes hand in hand with current state of the program I think.
Back in the hey day of the 90s and early 00s, there was no place in the country like Neyland...teams were afraid to step foot in our house.
The last decade and a half has kind of squelched that a little...but if last season is any indication, that's turning around.

I would still put Neyland in the top 3 along with Stanford and Bryant-Denny because of the recent domination of those programs.

Sewanee (University of the South) is 6-3 vs LSU in the state of LA. Overall, LSU history is not that great.

People REALLY expect me to waste an hour of my life on what is basically just a click bait opinion piece? No thanks. That is my biggest problem with YouTube personalities; the content percentage vs time is obscenely low. They will turn what is five minutes worth on information into 20 to 30 minute snooze fest. I have about quit watching talkingvawls for this exact reason. Do they get paid by the minute or something 🙄
Talking Vawls sucks. They stir the pot and use clickbait. Cubelic is ok to listen to for a long car ride. I prefer the late kick by Josh Pate

I kind of like Cubelic. Former Auburn guy that carries a torch for 'Burn but doesn't let it cloud his judgements and reporting.
Unlike some SEC TV guys...

As far as stadiums and 'toughest' to play in, that goes hand in hand with current state of the program I think.
Back in the hey day of the 90s and early 00s, there was no place in the country like Neyland...teams were afraid to step foot in our house.
The last decade and a half has kind of squelched that a little...but if last season is any indication, that's turning around.

I would still put Neyland in the top 3 along with Stanford and Bryant-Denny because of the recent domination of those programs.
Bryant Denny is a library compared to Neyland.

Reactions: onevol74
In real life:
1. Vols
2. [This line intentionally blank]
3. Prolly LSU
4. Maybe Florida. Georgia is afraid to play there.
5. Alabama? They used to love that song about Tennessee
6. No point in continuing.

My Top 5

1. Tennessee

2. Alabama

3. Georgia

4. Texas A&M

5. LSU

VN Store

Back