CSU Bakersfield 44 California 19

Whatever you need to tell yourself. We used similar rationale to get used to the NIT again. :pinch:

What he's ignoring about that sweet 16 run is Tennessee barley got in and then the stars lined up by avoiding Duke thanks to Mercer

He's the last coach to lead Tennessee to a winning record. There's alot of potential for getting recruits, which could ultimately pay dividends well into the future, regardless of who we have coaching.

There aren't many negatives to this hire

He's the last coach to lead Tennessee to a winning record. There's alot of potential for getting recruits, which could ultimately pay dividends well into the future, regardless of who we have coaching.

Cuonzo? Meh

Good luck

I keep seeing this myth that Zo was a good recruiter here. The only 5 star he got at UT was Hubbs. And Hubbs was top 20. He didn't bring any top 10 talent or anything to UT

Richardson may not have been highly rated, but he was a great get by Con-zo.

Ok but that's 2 players. One being a gem that came from nowhere and the other a top 20 5 star. Then he turned what little succes he had here into the recruiting at Cal, but I don't know how you continue that when your not coming off of success anymore and you can't stay anywhere longer than 4 years. I think he's going to recruit a little better than he did here. Is that enough to get the mizzou program going... prolly not

Ok but that's 2 players. One being a gem that came from nowhere and the other a top 20 5 star. Then he turned what little succes he had here into the recruiting at Cal, but I don't know how you continue that when your not coming off of success anymore and you can't stay anywhere longer than 4 years. I think he's going to recruit a little better than he did here. Is that enough to get the mizzou program going... prolly not

He'll do okay at Missouri. Not great, just okay. He came to TN with 3 years of head coaching experience and it was at a no-name school in a minor conference. Now he has 9 years of experience with 6 of those in major conferences. He'll be good for Missouri if he leaves a full roster when he moves on after a couple of seasons.

He'll do okay at Missouri. Not great, just okay. He came to TN with 3 years of head coaching experience and it was at a no-name school in a minor conference. Now he has 9 years of experience with 6 of those in major conferences. He'll be good for Missouri if he leaves a full roster when he moves on after a couple of seasons.

His contract is 7 years guaranteed

I'm not a huge basketball fan (Tennessee or otherwise) and only really become interested around tournament time.

I was a Cuonzo apologist for awhile, especially after he made the Sweet 16 (even though we backed into it and got lucky that Mercer beat Duke), but his time at Cal makes me have to change my mind.

He is a below average coach at best, perhaps even an awful coach. He's always underachieved outside of a tournament run in his final year at Tennessee. His tenure at Cal ends with them having to get hot in order to avoid getting run out of your own gym by an 8 seed in a first round NIT game? Gimme a break.

He is a good recruiter, but I question how he is even able to do that given that he appears to be a terrible Xs and Os coach/talent developer. Surely the book is out on him now, right?

His offense is bad and his defense is good. Defense is very important, especially in CBB

Hopefully he can get some good assistants to help with offense.

Then you should be happy about 60-65% of the time until the 1st round of the tournament.

We already know his resume. I'd currently rate him as the 6th best coach in the SEC behind Cal, Anderson, F. Martin, UF's coach, and Pearl. Howland and Barnes are has beens

Reactions: 1 person
We already know his resume. I'd currently rate him as the 6th best coach in the SEC behind Cal, Anderson, F. Martin, UF's coach, and Pearl. Howland and Barnes are has beens

Zo is and always will be a never was.

Reactions: 2 people
His offense is bad and his defense is good. Defense is very important, especially in CBB

Hopefully he can get some good assistants to help with offense.

If you think that just because every game he's involved in is 60 something to 50 something, then you're mistaken. The only reason that the scoring is so low is because there won't be much scoring either way when one team holds the ball the entire shot clock before hoisting a bad shot at the end. His offense is atrocious and defense is only a little better.

I agree....if you mean they "has been" much better than Martin.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back