CRB 1st year goal: NCAA Tourney

goldvol

VolNation's Lesser Poobah
"We're going to find a way to get to that tournament next year". Wow, I am impressed. Rick Barnes is setting lofty expectations, which could open him up to criticism if he doesn't make the tournament. I love that attitude. To heck with the limited roster. To heck with the last 4 years. Year 1: get to the tournament. This along with another recent article I read which said he wants to play a tough out of conference schedule (UNC, Gonzaga, etc). Can't wait to watch this team hit the court.

Rick Barnes' first-year goal for Vols: NCAA berth

Reactions: 6 people
I do feel bad for Armani Moore especially. He really loved Donnie Tyndall and looked up to him as a coach. I'm also glad that he's willing to give Barnes the benefit of doubt.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless you're close to the situation people have no idea how hard these coaching changes have been, hell, even to us fans. The last 7 years on the hill have been a bi-polar nightmare of a coaching carousel and these kids are the ones that pay the price, having to start over year after year learning a new system or new coaching style.

Stability is what we need and I believe that started when we hired two proven winners in Butch Jones and Rick Barnes.

Reactions: 2 people
Unless you're close to the situation people have no idea how hard these coaching changes have been, hell, even to us fans. The last 7 years on the hill have been a bi-polar nightmare of a coaching carousel and these kids are the ones that pay the price, having to start over year after year learning a new system or new coaching style.

Stability is what we need and I believe that started when we hired two proven winners in Butch Jones and Rick Barnes.

Well said.

Reactions: 3 people
"We're going to find a way to get to that tournament next year". Wow, I am impressed. Rick Barnes is setting lofty expectations, which could open him up to criticism if he doesn't make the tournament. I love that attitude. To heck with the limited roster. To heck with the last 4 years. Year 1: get to the tournament. This along with another recent article I read which said he wants to play a tough out of conference schedule (UNC, Gonzaga, etc). Can't wait to watch this team hit the court.

Rick Barnes' first-year goal for Vols: NCAA berth

I like his spirit. GO VOLS!:clapping:

Barnes has been very confident and professional so far. Hope this translates to many wins.

I love the attitude as well, even if we don't make it, which I suspect we won't. i'm tired of hearing, "it's a process....long way to go...too much youth... not enough depth....yada yada yada."

While those statements may be true, i'm tired of hearing them.

Reactions: 1 person
I like it. He knows this is his last stop in his college coaching career, his time is limited and we wants to prove his critics (and former boss) wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
Barnes us really going to elevate the program. I like that he is getting on to Moore. I hope he gets Hubbs and Mostella on the path to development too.

Of course he's gonna say that.

You'd be hard pressed to find 1st year coaches coming into a similar situation saying they are going to make an immediate impact. That would be like Butch Jones saying Tennessee was going to be top 25 his first year here.

Reactions: 3 people
I would imagine Barnes isn't too worried about the coaches he'll face in the SEC other than Calipari. Donovan leaving only makes the league easier.

VN Store

Back