Countdown to Signing Day: Tennessee

VOLorNuttin

Nice piece from Jamie Newberg:

Scout Football Recruiting Network Front Page

Basically saying this is a great class, but at some point soon, we have to cash them (stellar classes) in for wins.

EDIT: Can't seem to link directly to the video, but it's the first video at the top of the page, under the same title.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I agree that this is a great class as was last year's class. However, I do have a problem with those saying that "eventually" TN has to start winning games. Well, no sh*t.

The young men did finish ahead of expectations in 2014 and thrashed an Iowa team in their bowl game. Overall, I would say that 2014 was very successful, which was highlighted by a number of young athletes. It is clear that this team is on the way up and winning games will be a given with the talent that CBJ is assembling.

Reactions: 16 people
As far as signing day, I (for some reason) feel confident P. Williams is a lock.
Still can't believe he showed up in gear.

I agree that this is a great class as was last year's class. However, I do have a problem with those saying that "eventually" TN has to start winning games. Well, no sh*t.

The young men did finish ahead of expectations in 2014 and thrashed an Iowa team in their bowl game. Overall, I would say that 2014 was very successful, which was highlighted by a number of young athletes. It is clear that this team is on the way up and winning games will be a given with the talent that CBJ is assembling.

Agree with the frustration, to say freshmen and sophomores should be competing at the upper tier of the SEC is a bit of a stretch IMO. There is a HUGE difference between an 18 yr old just out of HS and a 21 yr old who has 3+ years in a college training program. In a perfect world, how cool would it have been if the entire 14 class could have redshirted and had a year to marinate.

Reactions: 3 people
As far as signing day, I (for some reason) feel confident P. Williams is a lock.
Still can't believe he showed up in gear.
Yeah...something is going on, cause Boulware was basically doing the same thing to Mark Richt, recently. Maybe it's Butch's way of telling other teams that keep pressing their luck, trying to steal some of our commits..."Back the F' off!"

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg

Reactions: 32 people
Well Richt showed up at his school, so it's not really the same thing.

Well Richt showed up at his school, so it's not really the same thing.
That may be true, but I have always been under the impression that Coaches tend to let recruits know they are stopping by, beforehand.

Either way, Richt got a rude answer. :)

Reactions: 8 people
From all the twitter pics etc... I'm starting to think the guys are doing this on their own.
They have become tight quickly, staying in contact and recruiting like it's their job.

I don't usually go overboard with positive posts but I think we have a special class here.

Players actually wear other schools stuff even on their own campus, times have changed. Remember many players are not fans

Yeah...something is going on, cause Boulware was basically doing the same thing to Mark Richt, recently. Maybe it's Butch's way of telling other teams that keep pressing their luck, trying to steal some of our commits..."Back the F' off!"

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg
Classic photo. Love his shoes too.:clap:

Reactions: 4 people

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg

Would you buy a used car from this man?

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg

If you want to entertain our verbals, then prepare to face the big orange. :birgits_giggle:

Would you buy a used car from this man?

I absolutely despise UGA, but Mark Richt is a good coach and a better man. Football is not the most important part of his life. I respect that.

On another note...funny picture. If he wasn't wearing orange...they would be side by side for the picture. :lol:

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg

This is Boulware? I didn't know we were that solid with this guy. That's an awesome picture!

PS- Richt looks extremely uncomfortable.. Boulware's like "deal with it" 😎

Last edited:
Espn U will have a reported on campus and we will be one of the featured teams getting coverage. This will be great for future recruits to see how much face time and hype we are getting and they could get if they come to UT.

Also, the thread shifted a bit to talk of cashing in on our 4 and 5 star recruits and top 10 classes and turning to success to the field.

Dobbs, North, Josh Smith, Pig, Malone, Hurd, Wolf, Ellis, Maggit, Sutton, Barrnet TKjr amongst many others are now going to be upper classmen or have a season under their belt and/or be healthy and had significant playing time/time to adjust to college and SEC... This year is the jump year I think as has been said so so many times.

Reactions: 4 people
I like our recruiting class this year and fully expect some of these guys to contribute right away.
Expecting big things in 2015.

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg

This should be a "caption this" thread

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back