Could Fulmer be looking at lesser coaches to handpick assistants?

Yet he has interviewed Mel Tucker 3 times
And interviewed Tee Martin 0 times?

Don't add up does it?

You were there when these interviews did and didn't happen, so you know for a fact they did and didn't happen? Maybe you simply got trolled by so called reporters looking for clicks.

I also started the empty Neyland movement to bring change that spilled over to the Schiano backlash...

So you like how a Movement I started led to a fan base frustrated to continue a revot on social media...

I was a father to both the movement to a united fanbase for change at the top.... Schiano was a casualty.

So your glad the Tennessee fan base stood up that I started.... but don't like my views????

SO FUNNY.

Sure thing, Skippy. Your certificate is coming in the mail. Just curious, can you update us on the other schools'interest in Schiano?

I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: 1 person
Thats not how that works..... you have someone outside administrators call if your testing waters for coordinators.... that's what your agent gets paid for.

If Fulmer is calling coaches to gauge interest in being coordinators or position coaches... he is controlling the whole process

Not a Fulmer hater..... just how it is

So a HC wouldn't ask the AD to speak with Coordinators for any reason? Got it. :eek:lol:

So a HC wouldn't ask the AD to speak with Coordinators for any reason? Got it. :eek:lol:

No you wouldn't.... you would have your agent or friends do it.

You don't want your coaches having a better relationship with your AD than you have with them...

It's the way coaching works you have to be a tight unit of coaches and you need trust & chemistry.....

Having your AD appoint and negotiate with your assistants is not a good setup for success....

Yeah, the HC and AD would never work together to give a prospective assistant or coordinator the hard sell. Amazing how small minds can turn a coordinated effort into meddling or any other negative connotation they can think of. Couldn't be a coach wanting someone, and the AD telling the unsure prospect not to worry that the administration is back under adult supervision and fully supportive of the football program.

No you wouldn't.... you would have your agent or friends do it.

You don't want your coaches having a better relationship with your AD than you have with them...

It's the way coaching works you have to be a tight unit of coaches and you need trust & chemistry.....

Having your AD appoint and negotiate with your assistants is not a good setup for success....

Apparently you've never had people at multiple levels sell you on a job. Once you reach a certain level, it's not uncommon, and it doesn't change the chain of command. The guy a couple of levels up isn't offering to be you new best friend, mentor, or confidant; and you better be wise enough not to approach him with an end run around the guy you report to.

Apparently you've never had people at multiple levels sell you on a job. Once you reach a certain level, it's not uncommon, and it doesn't change the chain of command. The guy a couple of levels up isn't offering to be you new best friend, mentor, or confidant; and you better be wise enough not to approach him with an end run around the guy you report to.

Agreed in business that happens.

Coaching football is different

Or maybe he is just holding the cards close so that the fanbase doesn't meltdown. Not advocating against what happened to Schiano at all but come on...the man is a Tennessee legend, doesn't he deserve some trust in his abilities to conduct a search without baseless accusations from us?

He deserves a special corner booth in Shoney's.

Only legendary coach at Tennessee in my lifetime was a woman. Phil is just as "legendary" here as Gene Chizik is at Auburn. Head down there and ask them how much of a legend he is to them.

Just because you have only seen the top under one guy is no reason to make more of him than he is. He could have been legendary if he hadn't screwed up.

Chad Morris with Brent Venables or possible tee with Venables or Mel Tucker we will play tough defense and allow tee to develop as a HC

VN Store

Back