cool uniform picture

Very nice. So much for the ones saying black are non traditional and not part of our colors or tradition. There's no more proof than that. Plus Anyone who blames Kiffin doesn't have a clue. It was Berry and his teammates not Kiffin.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well said

I was noticing something today. Look at Peyton's jersey. Doesnt his 16 look very big? Bigger than the numbers now

Yes they were really big during that time frame, 98 championship game the numbers were huge.

I was noticing something today. Look at Peyton's jersey. Doesnt his 16 look very big? Bigger than the numbers now

Yeah, they go from the chest all the way down, and wider too. It is also apparent that the Orange has gotten lighter since then too, but not as light as the 60's 70's Orange.

Very few schools wore their colors in that era. Black was a standard jersey. Not a tradition. Since 1922 Life is Orange and White unless you are an Oklahoma State or Oregon State Fan. Black does make a good high school jersey though.

White is the standard away jersey, nearly every team wears it, it must be a fad and not "real" tradition. :crazy:

My first thought when seeing all the nike "combat" jerseys last year was; Never have I been more thankful for our long-standing contract with Adidas! It's ok for Boise and Oregon etc, but this is the SEC, Don't F with tradition! I guess the dawgs needed a new gimmick, don't they remember the last time they messed with their uni.[black-out V.bama]

My first thought when seeing all the nike "combat" jerseys last year was; Never have I been more thankful for our long-standing contract with Adidas! It's ok for Boise and Oregon etc, but this is the SEC, Don't F with tradition! I guess the dawgs needed a new gimmick, don't they remember the last time they messed with their uni.[black-out V.bama]

If black was such a tradition, why are we wearing orange?

Because black jerseys are for losers like Vandy. And you can add orange to it and identify with Oregon State and Okie State. And like I said Orange and black does make a good high school uniform.

I actually think thats a cool look for once in awhile. I just think they should have used their blackout helmets instead.

Thats what they are wearing this weekend against BS.A friend of mine here is a Dawg fan and he didnt mind the helmet but the rest he hated.he said they are going to look like the power rangers.

Thats what they are wearing this weekend against BS.A friend of mine here is a Dawg fan and he didnt mind the helmet but the rest he hated.he said they are going to look like the power rangers.

Yeah to each his own. I personally wish we did 1 alternate jersey a year or at least dangle a carrot for the players. Tell them if you make a SEC title game or a BCS game you can wear an alternate jersey.

I personally don't want a player on the field on whose game is influenced by a jersey. (Unless we're talking about the ones on the other team. :) )

I personally don't want a player on the field on whose game is influenced by a jersey. (Unless we're talking about the ones on the other team. :) )

I feel the same way about fans that are threatening to remove their fan card if we field an alternate uniform once in a blue moon, UT goes a little bit deeper than the color on the Jersey! :)

Yet another uniform thread? And yeah sweet find......that was posted here over a year ago.

Everybody thinks black was a Kiffin thing but look at this picture & the history of the Vols uniforms....i like the orange helmet

FF_315799_xl.jpg

I'd love to see a throw back jersey game with the orange shoulders. That just screams old school 70's.

Let's pray Nike never makes a uniform for us. I don't want to look like a Power Ranger.

That ga. uniform looks like a power ranger, the under shirt looks sharp in that one shot. Can't believe I just said that about anything of uga:eek:lol:

I said many times , the old uniforms would be sweet to wear for homecoming games. The blue hairs shouldn't raise much hell about that since alot of them wore those same jerseys or were enrolled when we wore them.

VN Store

Back