Cool Story Bro!

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Mods move if necessary.

Sick brag I know but couldn't resist.
My son just got accepted to UTK and accepted to college of engineering and Volunteer Merit Scholarship! :rock::rock::rock:

Also was Co-Olineman of the year in Class 2AA!

Good week at our house!!!! :dance2:

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5264-acceptance.jpg

I am not proud though. :):)

Reactions: 68 people
I hope he gets invited to walk on if that's what he wants. Congrats to him and to you, proud papa.

:dance2::rock::salute::huggy::clap:

That is quite the anti-temperate anecdote.

Last edited:
Little more weight for a good blocking TE or FB. Heck, Astro can help him through the playbook and engineering school. Then, probably REALLY cool story bro! Plus, you can keep us all informed with "insider" info. Set it up! 😜

Awesome story, bro! My son got those same letters around this time a year ago. I know the feeling! Good on ya both.

AV

Congratulations Dad! And a Volunteer Merit Scholar at that adding to the UT academic excellence!

I don't think many people realize how exemplary are today's UT students. Not everyone is admitted like in my day (CBB era). Five years ago, the 2010 fall freshman class admitted 4,000 of the 14,000 that applied at UTK (my youngest's class). The cumulative GPA for that incoming class was 3.77 which was about 1.87 better than when I was a freshman (JK).

Reactions: 2 people
No too small. He is 6'2" 210, played left O-tackle, 210 is not a typo! His blocking technique is excellent!

If he walks on as a QB he'll be labeled the answer for our offense when Dobbs throws his first pic of the year in 2015.

Seriously, congrats. I know you're proud.

My son graduates at UT this May. Goes by fast. Tell him to savor every minute. If he wants to stay connected to football, have him apply for football equipment manager. 8 senior managers this yr will graduate. My son did it and had a blast during some of the darkest times.

Reactions: 2 people
Mods move if necessary.

Sick brag I know but couldn't resist.
My son just got accepted to UTK and accepted to college of engineering and Volunteer Merit Scholarship! :rock::rock::rock:

Also was Co-Olineman of the year in Class 2AA!

Good week at our house!!!! :dance2:

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5264-acceptance.jpg

I am not proud though. :):)

Sounds like Wilmont and Lisa's son, Junior and John's nephew, and Doc and Jan's grandson. Must take after his momma.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back