Conservative Javier Milei Is Elected the New President of Argentina

Well, what happens in DC has a direct effect on me. What happens with GA and AL in the end means nothing.
yeah, which is why its important to take that principled stand so you aren't getting screwed worse and worse each time. Every time you vote for A Trump you are supporting A Biden as well. literally the only way we get one of those is against the other. a half decent candidate by either side would CRUSH both of them. but because of all the useful idiots who only fall in line we will continue to get Trumps and Bidens. it used to be people didn't think it would get worse than Bush and Obama, we quickly found out that was wrong. There will be worse after Trump and Biden too because of all the sheep that vote for them instead of standing up.

y
corruption didn't go away under Trump, the politicized DOJ didn't go away under Trump in fact he wanted to use it against his enemies, regulations didn't go away or get reduced under Trump, Trump was all for censorship of things that attacked him and made him look back, the rest Trump could have supported or a law that would have addressed those issues, and he never did.

the only thing mentioned that was a positive under Trump was the Border.
Trump massively reduced regulations.
Trump never weaponized the DOJ
Trump tried to address the trade imbalance.
Trump never censored

I have no idea what you desire in a candidate, but let me give you some advice.,Whoever or whatever that is will never sniff the WH. America is not Louder and there are 2 choices until a viable third party candidate arrives. So rather than accept that you will accept worse. Thus it isnt pragmatic.

yeah, which is why its important to take that principled stand so you aren't getting screwed worse and worse each time. Every time you vote for A Trump you are supporting A Biden as well. literally the only way we get one of those is against the other. a half decent candidate by either side would CRUSH both of them. but because of all the useful idiots who only fall in line we will continue to get Trumps and Bidens. it used to be people didn't think it would get worse than Bush and Obama, we quickly found out that was wrong. There will be worse after Trump and Biden too because of all the sheep that vote for them instead of standing up.
Trump is a vote for Biden is about the most moronic thing I have read lately.

I got your explanation, I was just answering why the analogy didn't necessarily follow. Until such time as I have a valid 3rd option that voting for won't actually be a vote for someone that I absolutely do not want in the White House, I have to be pragmatic. If you get someone like a Tulsi Gabbard to run 3rd party, I will support her. But absent voting for anyone, I haven't seen a 3rd party worth considering yet.

y

Trump never censored

I have no idea what you desire in a candidate, but let me give you some advice.,Whoever or whatever that is will never sniff the WH. America is not Louder and there are 2 choices until a viable third party candidate arrives. So rather than accept that you will accept worse. Thus it isnt pragmatic.
Someone that leans like Trump but will stay off the phone and STFU.

This

Show me my vote will count if I don't vote party line and I will. The one Wildebeest that crosses the river by himself, is crocodile food.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I have asked several times in several threads and no one can answer....what policies did Trump implement that were deemed unconstitutional by SCOTUS??
here is a broad history of Trump vs SCOTUS.

and I was wrong, I thought they had already ruled on the bump stock bans, but they had just said they were going to review its Constitutionality.

y

Trump never censored

Trump is also worse. Sorry I don't celebrate losing the game by fewer points than it could have been. Its still losing and not worth supporting.

and no viable candidate will ever show up in your opinion because you are trained and leashed by the uniparty in DC to only believe their candidates are viable. Its easy to think you aren't chained to the party when you never run out the length of your chain to know its extents.

and it never has to be Louder's America, that would actually be pretty terrible for most involved. I just want a candidate I actually support. it doesn't have to be 100% support, just someone that I can say "yeah, this person would be a decent president." I hate Trump being president, I hate Biden being president. I hated Obama and Bush too. and the reason there keeps being presidents I hate is because the uniparty has you more worried about beating the other guy than actually working/voting towards a BETTER America.

Reactions: tbh and n_huffhines
here is a broad history of Trump vs SCOTUS.

and I was wrong, I thought they had already ruled on the bump stock bans, but they had just said they were going to review its Constitutionality.
Thanks. Good read..thru...curious how the bump stock will end up..

Trump is also worse. Sorry I don't celebrate losing the game by fewer points than it could have been. Its still losing and not worth supporting.

and no viable candidate will ever show up in your opinion because you are trained and leashed by the uniparty in DC to only believe their candidates are viable. Its easy to think you aren't chained to the party when you never run out the length of your chain to know its extents.

and it never has to be Louder's America, that would actually be pretty terrible for most involved. I just want a candidate I actually support. it doesn't have to be 100% support, just someone that I can say "yeah, this person would be a decent president." I hate Trump being president, I hate Biden being president. I hated Obama and Bush too. and the reason there keeps being presidents I hate is because the uniparty has you more worried about beating the other guy than actually working/voting towards a BETTER America.

I would gladly take Obama's second term at this point (no, I wouldn't vote for him). It's hard to believe now, but he actually slowed government's growth and the economy was expanding naturally. Keynesianism doesn't work because it requires you to spend in a down economy and save when the economy is doing well. Nobody is willing to do the second part, so it's destined to fail. But Obama actually seemed to be trying at the second part. If memory serves, he was scaling back foreign interventions and drone bombings and stuff? Going off 9-year-old memories here. None of this is great, but that's how hard up we are for a not-terrible presidential term. Forget about results, I'll be happy with some good trends.

A few things:

You make assumptions and dont know my voting record. Good try, but I have voted third party before in a Presidential election and it led to worse.

Of course I worry about beating the opposition..have you not seen their policies? Rhetorical question.

And to claim Trump is part of a uniparty when the uniparty has been trying to take him out is naive. Your third party electee would get smashed just as bad as Trump.

In the end, with your game analogy, I get to score points and you go scoreless, yet there is never an end to the game. Good luck with that.

Anyways I am done.

Reactions: whodeycin85
One big change will be the removal of all rules between tenant and landlord, such as laws putting a cap on rental increases.

In recent years, landlords have increasingly priced their properties in US dollars to avoid being stuck with rental income long overtaken by soaring inflation. This has been a nightmare for renters in a country where access to dollars has been strictly controlled. The deregulation will now make charging rent in dollars legal.

1703383036204.png
Supporters of Argentina's incoming President Javier Milei gather outside the Congress prior to his swearing-in ceremony in Buenos Aires, 10 December 2023AP Photo/Gustavo Garello

Milei has also loosened labour laws, with the trial period for new employees going from three to eight months. Compensation laws for dismissal without cause have been modified in favour of companies and he plans to renegotiate labour agreements in force since 1975.

He also scrapped limits on exports and said the internet market will be liberalised.

Milei also ditched rules preventing the privatisation of state enterprises and has already set his sights on national airline Aerolineas Argentinas and oil company YPF, while namedropping Elon Musk's Starlink as the company meant to take over the country's satellite system, ARSAT.

He also moved to limit the right to strike, which is enshrined in the constitution.

Additionally, he moved to strike all subsidies to the public transportation company, which might see an immediate ten-fold increase in ticket prices in one of the most urbanised countries in the world.

One big change will be the removal of all rules between tenant and landlord, such as laws putting a cap on rental increases.

In recent years, landlords have increasingly priced their properties in US dollars to avoid being stuck with rental income long overtaken by soaring inflation. This has been a nightmare for renters in a country where access to dollars has been strictly controlled. The deregulation will now make charging rent in dollars legal.

View attachment 604519
Supporters of Argentina's incoming President Javier Milei gather outside the Congress prior to his swearing-in ceremony in Buenos Aires, 10 December 2023AP Photo/Gustavo Garello

Milei has also loosened labour laws, with the trial period for new employees going from three to eight months. Compensation laws for dismissal without cause have been modified in favour of companies and he plans to renegotiate labour agreements in force since 1975.

He also scrapped limits on exports and said the internet market will be liberalised.

Milei also ditched rules preventing the privatisation of state enterprises and has already set his sights on national airline Aerolineas Argentinas and oil company YPF, while namedropping Elon Musk's Starlink as the company meant to take over the country's satellite system, ARSAT.

He also moved to limit the right to strike, which is enshrined in the constitution.

Additionally, he moved to strike all subsidies to the public transportation company, which might see an immediate ten-fold increase in ticket prices in one of the most urbanised countries in the world.

Not sure limiting unionization is very libertarian. Almost all of this is spot-on but my fear is so much disruption will entail a lot of growing pains that might hurt the experiment. For example the subsidies to public transport, which of course I'm against, but removing those while you're doing all this other stuff might be too much at once.

They had limits on exports? Lol

VN Store

Back