Congress Criminal Referral Clinton, Comey, McCabe, Lynch, Strzok, and Page to DOJ

I think DeSantis is the only one I've heard of. Likely the more prominent members are shying away from this. Sort of like the fringe Democrats calling for Trump's impeachment.

At least three of them are on Gowdy’s House Oversight Committee

I still want to see Not Hot Rod drug before a Congressional committee and answer under oath why there was such a lag in the initial public letter of engagement for Mueller and the double secret probation memo that actually defined scope... issued one week AFTER the no knock raids on Manafort.

You keep coming back to this. I don't think it's as significant as you want it to be. The initial order defined the scope, albeit overly broadly, and the Manafort raid was within that scope. If the memo had been such a big deal, Nunes would have gone off after seeing the unredacted version. Instead, interest pretty much waned after that. If you want Rosenstein fired, look no further than the initial order and its overly broad, open-ended scope.

You keep coming back to this. I don't think it's as significant as you want it to be. The initial order defined the scope, albeit overly broadly, and the Manafort raid was within that scope. If the memo had been such a big deal, Nunes would have gone off after seeing the unredacted version. Instead, interest pretty much waned after that. If you want Rosenstein fired, look no further than the initial order and its overly broad, open-ended scope.

Yes I do keep coming back to it. Yes the initial scope was WAY too broad. And yes I absolutely believe the double secret probation memo is CYA in nature and absolutely believe the timeline is suspect!!

Time will tell. Hopefully this memo will be covered in detail in the OIG report!

Reactions: 1 person
If you support investigating Trump, I'm not sure how you can see these further investigations as "unfair". If you believe in seeking "justice" in the name of justice, political affiliation shouldn't matter. And being honest on my personal beliefs, the Trump investigation has come across as for more zealous than the one into Hillary. All of that aside, I think all of this is a waste of money and time. I doubt anyone of consequence ever really suffers ramifications from all of these investigations.

Exactly. I have no problem with investigating Trump. But it needs to be fair across the board for everyone.

The desperation of Trump, and the dwindling band of his loyalists, is palpable.

Oh horse hockey.

“Because we believe that those in positions of high authority should be treated the same as every other American, we want to be sure that the potential violations of law outlined below are vetted appropriately,” the lawmakers said in a referral letter.

Reactions: 3 people
Of course it was. Its ok to break the law as long as you are a Democrat or hate Trump right LG?

Yep. That’s the point, EQUAL justice for ALL under the law. And behind closed doors the Dems know this is a valid criminal referral, and they are such legitimate concerns, that FBI Director Wray and Utah US Attorney John Huber were also notified of these criminal actions.

It’s really a bipartisan concern, which is simply about laws and rules applied equally to all Americans, regardless of your rank and title in the Swamp.

This might get nasty.

Reactions: 2 people
But but. Where is your self righteous indignation. If these people broke the law shouldn’t they be brought to justice?!

Remember we've had that discussion on VN a few days ago. Not all laws are meant to be enforced - or enforced some of the time - because some things that happen in the bedroom (and maybe elsewhere) are still arbitrarily illegal in some places.

Libs do, however, always want to be the arbiters of application.

Reactions: 3 people
Other than Hillary which will get away yet again, is there any reason not to investigate the others especially if the IG report is as damning as they say?

Have to do everything by the book.

The IG has no prosecutorial power.

Investigate. Bring charges if sustainable. Punish the guilty.

Don't even care a little bit. Throwing a bunch of politicians in jail will lower the overall level of corruptness in DC for a minute.

Reactions: 8 people
Have to do everything by the book.

The IG has no prosecutorial power.

True, he doesn’t.

DOJ/FBI self-investigations on prosecutorial missions...I dunno about that ever bringing anything other than a slap on the butt cheek. Let’s be honest, they are powerful and influential institutions and have a reputation to protect, and will sweep as much as possible under the rug, and bend it as much as possible.

I think special counsel’s are utterly terrible, but another special counsel outside the Swamp establishment ‘may’ need to happen.

Don't even care a little bit. Throwing a bunch of politicians in jail will lower the overall level of corruptness in DC for a minute.

You got my vote. 10 👍’s up

It won’t make a difference so why bother? Awful convenient Eeyore stance there.

It is just like any other business. For example, I have run bars and restaurants. When liquor cost is too high, you just catch one of the bartenders stealing and you make a big production of firing them. Poof liquor cost comes in line for a few months. Wash, rinse and repeat.

It's all just so swampy...

It really is unbelievable, more coincidences and troubling links between the Mueller team and the Clinton operation. It's an "OMG, are you serious!" fact-based story to follow. The liberal anti-Trump haters don't want to even acknowledge it, but Bongino breaks down the evidence in an investigatory fashion, unlike the media who wouldn't even mention or raise questions about it:

April 18, 2018: Ep. 701 More Swampy Connections – Dan Bongino

It is just like any other business. For example, I have run bars and restaurants. When liquor cost is too high, you just catch one of the bartenders stealing and you make a big production of firing them. Poof liquor cost comes in line for a few months. Wash, rinse and repeat.
So, Dink worked for you at one time, huh?

Reactions: 4 people
So, Dink worked for you at one time, huh?

Here’s footage from his glory days:

tenor.gif

Reactions: 4 people
The American people suffer. We’re the ones paying for this stupid ****.
Fun fact. According to a Government Accountability Office report, two of Donnie Dotard's golf trips to South Florida cost the equivalent of what Mueller has currently spent.

Agreed, but when you get to the top of the heap who polices the whatever? The FBI investigates corruption in local and state police - who is there to investigate the FBI? Same with congress - no way that legislation favoring big campaign contributors isn't bribe and payback, but who is there to police congress? And the one where we absolutely disagree is the judiciary - to me a bunch of petty tyrants willing to overturn lawfully passed legislation or executive orders on biased partisan views. I'd be right there with them if they went after a senator who sponsored legislating a favorable position for a big contributor, but that doesn't happen.

The guys who set the whole thing up were honorable, times were different, and nobody can foresee the future. But they absolutely botched the one of oversight - particularly ethics - the powerful won't limit or police themselves and the relationship between branches is both too chummy and too adversarial to actually manage the problem.

Here’s footage from his glory days:

tenor.gif

I have a friend who is a straight guy that runs those extreme obstacle course races and wins them. Takes great care of himself. For the last 6 years he's worked at a gay pool bar. He works 4 shifts per week and takes home about 3k per week. He's got work in a Speedo with no shirt, but that is some serious coin. In his spare time he's started buying houses for flips or rental. He currently has an inventory of 14 houses. He thinks when he gets to 20 he'll hang up the speedo.

Fun fact. According to a Government Accountability Office report, two of Donnie Dotard's golf trips to South Florida cost the equivalent of what Mueller has currently spent.

Not disputing this, just want to see it myself. I frequent the GAO and wondering if you have a link for this to see? Thanks

Originally Posted by ClearwaterVol:

One would have to agree, given CWV's vociferous anti-Trumpism over the past few years, that his post is out of character. However, he is correct.

Find 'em. Convict'em. But until we learn how to defeat hubris, avarice, and greed, .... he is correct.

VN Store

Back