Congrats to Jason Croom named MVP of 2017 Tropical Bowl

Congrats Jason, pulling for you man! (Why don't we use the TE more? The NFL uses TEs like crazy, why don't colleges do it? Why doesn't Tennessee do it! I thought for sure that Croom would put a lot of pressure on opposing LBs and Safeties, and maybe he did, but we didn't get the ball to him like we could have, imo!

Whose snaps would you have taken away to give to him?

I'm happy for the kid, but he was competitive in a game where the rosters for both teams were comprised mainly of smaller school players. There were only 7 or 8 SEC players on the rosters and they were all players like Croom and O'Brien that weren't stars. A guy with the size and speed of Croom should have dominated in that setting.

Oh boy! The "negavol crowd" will be out in full force.

Reactions: 1 person
Great job when pro eyes are really watching! This performance just made Jason a desired pick instead of maybe.

Congrats Jason, pulling for you man! (Why don't we use the TE more? The NFL uses TEs like crazy, why don't colleges do it? Why doesn't Tennessee do it! I thought for sure that Croom would put a lot of pressure on opposing LBs and Safeties, and maybe he did, but we didn't get the ball to him like we could have, imo!

We throw to the TE just enough to convert critical 3rd downs and not so much to put it on the radar.

Didnt see the game, but congrats to Croom for MVP. Hope he gets a shot

I doubt hardly anyone did see the game, considering they played the game in an empty 9,000 seat stadium, and kicked the game off at 9:00 AM ET on a Sunday morning. And you could only watch the game online.

TE is the one position that the NFL will take a chance on if the guy is athletic. Wouldn't shock me if he goes in the later rounds. Athletically he fits the bill.

NFL all pro measurables but he can't catch the ball with his hands. If he doesn't get drafted some team will give him a chance in FA

well that makes you wonder about our staff. he didn't get the ball this year for us, and goes and wins an MVP award because they threw the ball to him.

Glad to hear he did well and scours got to see him in action. Hope he gets a chance at the next level. Anytime a Vol does well it helps all the players. Congrats Jason Croom.

I still think that Butch underutilizes his TE. It seems like each year TEs leave program.

Croom should've been more of a factor this season

they tried to get him involved more....but his drops limited his effectiveness....

needs to soften his hands...:salute:

well that makes you wonder about our staff. he didn't get the ball this year for us, and goes and wins an MVP award because they threw the ball to him.

He had a dropped TD against UF and an ugly drop that led to an int against aTm. Both passes hit him in the hands. All the physical tools but not the hands. Maybe should have tried switching to defense

You really need some good lineman to not need the TE for blocking...we have not had it..not only the TE, but we need a RB blocking also to have a chance at a throw.

If they had the line to just pound the rock with hurd, I truly believe they could have went to playoffs..jmho

He made two catches in the game that he was named MVP of, which is just above what he averaged per game at UT this year. Both catches in this game went for TDs, a hail mary at the end of the half and a 16-yard catch in the second half.

Again, good for the kid, but let's not act like this was some dominant performance.

VN Store

Back