Confession/Callout? Who melted down on VN the first half??

I will "confess" reading all the panic on Volnation I almost succumbed to the temptation. I was definitely down but one shred of hope remained at halftime and my Vols made my week!! Go Vols! A man looking at the world through orange colored glasses!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I took off all UT attire at halftime and we started kicking ass

Haha, I did the same dang thing. I was cursing the offensive playing. So I put on my trusty green shorts and a random T-shirt. Dressed my kid in Vols gear and... Well the rest is history.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Haha, I did the same dang thing. I was cursing the offensive playing. So I put on my trust green shorts and a random T-shirt. Dressed my kid I'm Vols gear and... Well the rest is history.

My wife came home and asked where my orange was. Explained my plan. She shook her head and walked away

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't freak out. I just kept believing that Tennessee would fight their way back into this game and possibly win. They did just that.

Reactions: 1 person
I had a meltdown. Turned off the tv with about 2 minutes to go before halftime and declared I was done. Turned it back on at the start of the half. Good decision

I did.

I'm still not thrilled with the offensive staff. I'm happy with the adjustments, but pissed that it took so long.

Believe it or not I didn't really start cussing until the second half. I thought the the wife and kids had left to go take my 12 year old to a birthday party and Jennings catches the TD....... I let out a loud "hell yeah! We're going to beat these MFs!"...... I heard the wife yell from downstairs ....."we're still here!"

Reactions: 4 people
I full blown turn the game off at half time. I checked in to see the train wreck at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I nearly shart my pants.

I didn't start any crazy threads, but I was melting down a little. My wife asked if I was on suicide watch and if she should keep an eye on me.

When we have the talent we have, across offense and defense; there should never be a situation for you, or any Vol fan, to be on suicide alert. We just need our coaching staff to develop that heartless mindset that defeats opponents at the beginning of the game. When we do that and keep our foot on their throats we will be feared. We have the talent to be feared; just need a coaching staff that has a desire to be feared. We are 4-0 now, but I suspect that we have not garnered the attention of any SEC opponents who may see UT as fearful. Hope we get there...

Didn't melt down but did turn it off after Dobbs first interception and went to get a bottle of JD - only drink it in dire circumstances and this qualified. Restarted with the second half kick off and smooth sailing from there.

At half I left the TV to get some random **** done, after tracking the Hurd TD on my cell phone.. I plopped into a bar and made a complete *ss of myself with each subsequent score.

I kept telling the bartender chick.. These losers have been us 11 strait years despite us having a better team half the time, this feels sooo good!!

I'm proud to say I didn't. I knew we were the better team and had faith we would eventually wake up. Thank goodness we did.

I sure had a meltdown! Unbelievable rollercoaster of emotions today. I confess to having absolutely no faith in the team after that first half and turned the game back on right before the first touchdown.

Last edited:
I was very dissappointed after a awful 1st half. I didn't believe they would be that flat vs their Archrival.

Still I posted vols play better in the 2nd half which I didn't doubt they could even knowing it be tough since that's a tough defense.
I didn't think it be that amazing but it was.

I was dissapointed.

Even more so than usual, but I kept watching for some damn reason.

Go Vols.

I melted down. Badly. I was calling for Butchs head and Dobbs to be benched at halftime. I contemplated turning the game off at halftime and I am so glad i didnt. Because my beloved Vols came out and played like they wanted to be champions. In the process, they made me look like a ridiculous debbie downer who had no faith in them.

The Vols showed me somthing today and so did Butch Jones. They overcame a huge amoubt of adversity against a top notch defense and proved they can play like champions. Butch showed that his process can be successful and he proved that he can coach. I am so proud of Butch and tge Vols for a great and possibly program changing win.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back