Condi Rice as NFL Commissioner?

People that actually have experience in the career they lead people in tend to have more respect for the job and tend to be respected more by those they are leading.

Huh? While I guess it's possible it's impossible to make a blanket statement like that. The NFL is a business just like all other major sports. Respect from players has pretty much nothing to do with anything. Like most major sports leaders the NFL commissioner has an education &/or experience in law & economics. It's about making money & maintaining an image.

People that actually have experience in the career they lead people in tend to have more respect for the job and tend to be respected more by those they are leading.

The football experience of every NFL commissioner:

Roger Goodell - Never played college or professional football

Paul Tagliabue - Never played college or professional football

Pete Rozelle - Never played college or professional football

Austin Gunsel (interim) - Never played college or professional football

Bert Bell - never played professionally

Elmer Layden - 2 years of pro football

Carl Storck - Played semi-pro football off and on for a few years

Joseph Carr - Never played college or professional football

So, Condaleezza Rice has only 2 fewer years of pro football experience than all the previous commissioners combined.

The football experience of every NFL commissioner:

Roger Goodell - Never played college or professional football

Paul Tagliabue - Never played college or professional football

Pete Rozelle - Never played college or professional football

Austin Gunsel (interim) - Never played college or professional football

Bert Bell - never played professionally

Elmer Layden - 2 years of pro football

Carl Storck - Played semi-pro football off and on for a few years

Joseph Carr - Never played college or professional football

So, Condaleezza Rice has only 2 fewer years of pro football experience than all the previous commissioners combined.

IMO, she has a better resume than any of them.

I'd rather someone like Jay-Z or Snoop get the nod. Otherwise it will continue being the "no fun league."

I'm not sure the NFL would want to deal with her baggage in all honesty. In some circles she's viewed as a war criminal for her role in the lead up to the Iraq war.

my thinking too

NFL needs to lessen controversy at this point not raise it.

That said, I think she'd be good at the job and it wouldn't bother me for her to be commish.

Reactions: 1 person
my thinking too

NFL needs to lessen controversy at this point not raise it.

That said, I think she'd be good at the job and it wouldn't bother me for her to be commish.

I think she would do an excellent job but I can't see the billionaire boys club hiring her.

Sexist and racist.

LG learned a new word.. :pepper:

OR, he couldn't think of anything else that would make him sound less like a racist.

Huh?

I just don't think she is a very commanding presence. Don't see her being able to make a decision and enforce it over very strong willed individuals.

tumblr_lkf5fzFgNN1qzhfrho1_500.gif

Huh?

I just don't think she is a very commanding presence. Don't see her being able to make a decision and enforce it over very strong willed individuals.

tumblr_lkf5fzFgNN1qzhfrho1_500.gif

Just because she is black doesn't mean she has anything in common with Obama.

Reactions: 2 people

Pete Rozelle never played football and he's seen as the greatest commissioner in NFL history ... and I'm pretty sure David Stern and Bud Selig weren't selected because of their sports acumen.

VN Store

Back