Complete Disrespect vs USU

I remember when California was gonna come to Neyland and wipe the floor with us.... I was at that game and the tree huggers got quiet real quick. Utah State may hang around for about a quarter and a half. TN 42 USU 24

I'm starting to worry about this game. A talented QB with running ability, against our defense? This may be a may be a 45 to 49 type game. Possibly overtime and up in the 50's for both teams before this is settled.

Not sure if serious.

What's USU record last season against the very same schedule? If you said 5-7 you'd be correct. Now add in us getting much better. USU is worse with one dynamic guy on offense and one on defense. They wernt better than us last year and they certainly won't be this season. Plus they have to fly to our place and play in Neyland and I guarentee with it being a night game, day after boomsday and day before Labor Day, that it will be ridiculous in there.

Cool beans , the only thing worse than that would be if you had to replace 5 of 5 .... :):):)

That would depend on the replacements, right?

This is where "rankings" can and do become a factor. Has USU found more "diamonds in the rough" to replace all of those missing guys or just a bunch of rocks? It isn't the end all but I feel more comfortable as a UT fan knowing that 4 of the 5 new starters were highly recruited and talented out of high school. All had to be developed to varying degrees but they weren't "projects".

The 5th starter is interesting... UT's own "diamond in the rough" who was a late bloomer. He's now beaten out a highly prized JUCO LT... and not because Blair isn't playing well.

Reactions: 2 people
and their program changing wins vs new mexico, Texas State, Southern Utah, Hawaii, Air Force, Weber State, UNLV, san jose st,wyoming, etc doesnt really scare me. They need some perspective. We lose to about 5 top 15 teams in a yr and we are god awful? But they beat some of the worst football teams formed in all of college football and they are a power house? ok. Our one win over Carolina is still better than any win they have ever ha din their History. They still lost to every decent team they played. Their team is still as young or younger than ours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
What really ticks me off is not this usu dude hoping for the best for his team, but the vols fans hoping the worst for T.

What pisses me off even more are these so called "experts" who are wrong 80% of the time calling for a close game, calling for danger for T only to promote their product. You won't hear a PEEP out of those fools once monday comes. They will act like they never said it, they will act they never were worried. like they knew it all along... because they don't want to look like the IDIOTS they are.

Reactions: 3 people
That would depend on the replacements, right?

This is where "rankings" can and do become a factor. Has USU found more "diamonds in the rough" to replace all of those missing guys or just a bunch of rocks? It isn't the end all but I feel more comfortable as a UT fan knowing that 4 of the 5 new starters were highly recruited and talented out of high school. All had to be developed to varying degrees but they weren't "projects".

The 5th starter is interesting... UT's own "diamond in the rough" who was a late bloomer. He's now beaten out a highly prized JUCO LT... and not because Blair isn't playing well.

also 3 of our 5 starters are in their 4th yr in the program so they are grown men. Marcus Jackson is an All Sec type talent. Robertson is a bull and wont get pushed around

Reactions: 1 person
We have 15 true freshmen on our 2 deep...completely new OL with former walkons on it. Playing our first game against a team that is "ranked" higher than UT. Crowd will be huge.

This game and Ark St. is much more important than Oklahoma. No one should be overlooking them.

Battered fan syndrome abound around here.

This will be a blowout.

They have to travel east. In Neyland. We have much more speed and athleticism.

Not even close.

Reactions: 4 people
Heat and humidity may play a big part early on. Expect a lot of USU cramps, and fatigue.

Not sure if serious.

What's USU record last season against the very same schedule? If you said 5-7 you'd be correct. Now add in us getting much better. USU is worse with one dynamic guy on offense and one on defense. They wernt better than us last year and they certainly won't be this season. Plus they have to fly to our place and play in Neyland and I guarentee with it being a night game, day after boomsday and day before Labor Day, that it will be ridiculous in there.

I'm not picking them to win. But, when I see a talented running QB on the opposing team I get nervous. Kind of like Nick Saban does.

We're in Year 2 with a coaching staff that stayed 100% intact from last year. This is Year 2 for our players where they're learning the same concepts from the same coaches. There will be a noticeable improvement from last year.

My prediction: By halftime, the Aggies will be calling us "Daddy."

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like Chuckie Keaton needs a complete beat down and his nuts crushed

Here ya go!

tumblr_mvpwrnK8K61s2wio8o1_250.gif

Reactions: 5 people
If our team needs to spend time lurking through USU articles for motivation then we're in trouble.

I agree!! where is that Mike Tyson comment.. have a plan until I Bust that face..... something like that... WOOHOO!

Go Vols!:dance2:

You know, today started fantastically with seeing Shy Tuttle's tweet of his photo-shopped Rolling Stones Beyonce Tennessee recruiting cover on Fox and Friends. Awesome national coverage and recruiting publicity!! Read a couple other articles that got me more excited about the season overall... Then I read this thread and got hacked-off a bit. I know this is going to be a rough year at times, but holy cow I am so ready to get this thing started!!! :rock:

We're in Year 2 with a coaching staff that stayed 100% intact from last year. This is Year 2 for our players where they're learning the same concepts from the same coaches. There will be a noticeable improvement from last year.

My prediction: By halftime, the Aggies will be calling us "Daddy."

Many of our 2 deep are less than 6 months in the system.

I think that a couple of good hits on Chuckie and he will start slowing down worrying about his knee. If everyone recalls, we knocked a lot of players out of games last year Marshal(UGA), Connor Shaw(USC) and Driskel(FL)....Big picture says BEWARE Chuckie!

Not sure that will be the issue, looks like it could be raining.
Thought so too....the latest I've seen shows it may hold off. 93 on Sunday, with a lot of moisture in the air.

These guys are from Utah. It will be like a sauna for them.

VN Store

Back