Colton Jumer (yes, again)

Kid shouldn't Be on the field at this point in Jones recruiting classes

Its a sign of poor coaching not poor recruiting. We've already seen how great Daniel Bituli can be. This idiotic coaching staff keeps trotting Colton Jumper out there with the excuse being he's the only one who knows the defense. If that is true, then that is a sign of poor coaching.

Good coaches adapt their schemes to the talent they have. If your best athletes can't get on the field by their sophomore year because the defense is so complicated, then maybe it's time to simply the defense so your best athlete can get on the field.

I guarantee you Nick Saban wouldn't keep trotting Colton Jumper out there with Daniel Bituli on the bench using the excuse that Jumper knows the defense. Nick Saban would change his defense to something simple so that a stud like Daniel Bituli could be out there making plays.

This is just another sign of poor coaching on Butch Jones part.

CJ will cost BJ and company their job.

Starting this dude every week is gonna come back and bite hard.

I feel like I'm watching the media tell me how great Hillary Clinton is during the election...that's right she is not good at all yet I'm being told how great she is!

Next year, No more Jumper thank god, hopefully no more butch.
Stay away from fake lying news.

I feel like I'm watching the media tell me how great Hillary Clinton is during the election...that's right she is not good at all yet I'm being told how great she is!

He's a junior. He might be granted another year due to an injury as well. He could be on the roster through 2019.

Exactly. Jumper is not an SEC LBer some I'm not going to throw any shade at him for starting when the coaches tell him to.

The problem is not recruiting better players and or developing the ones you have. The staff still has holes in it after the turnover, none any bigger than Thig. But all that comes back to who has the authority to let him go and go get better. The Head Football Coach.

Jumper is leading team with 3 1/2 sacks for 21 yards loss , 2nd in team with 28 tackles 3rd with 11 solo tackles.
is he great ... NO
is he as bad as some on here want to believe... NO
He's a smart player that can get the team aligned and he's doing a serviceable job he Bituli & Warrior on pace for 100 tackles.

Reactions: 1 person

Hate to say it, but you're right. He seems to have great instinct, but no motor or wheels, and really not a great tackler either. When he does make a play, he kind of looks like the kid in special ed class that gets a sticker for coloring inside the lines.

I can see him coming off the bench and spelling a starter, but not starting. I dunno who else we have though. Sapp and Bituli are playing pretty well. How is Austin Smith's health? Ignot? Can Berry get healthy? It seems Dylan Bates is even worse, unfortunately.

UT here recently has been Need Linebacker U. :banghead2:

Our college football world is revolved around recruiting rankings. I thought I heard something a long time ago that there has been 5 stars that never seen the field in college because the adjustment from high school to college didn't pan out?

Jumper is leading team with 3 1/2 sacks for 21 yards loss , 2nd in team with 28 tackles 3rd with 11 solo tackles.
is he great ... NO
He's a smart player that can get the team aligned and he's doing a serviceable job he Bituli & Warrior on pace for 100 tackles.

So Colton Jumper is the sack leader on a defensive line that has guys like Darrell Taylor, Kyle Phillips and Jonathan Kongbo on it? I like Jumper but he should not be leading our defense in sacks. I guess Kongbo will be yet another 5* bust. Freaking great.

And to think, D4H said we have an elite defense. My God.

Our college football world is revolved around recruiting rankings. I thought I heard something a long time ago that there has been 5 stars that never seen the field in college because the adjustment from high school to college didn't pan out?

You are right, but recruiting services only offer a small amount of 5* each year. 5* usually pan out more often than not. Well except at Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
is he great ... NO

If he's on the field either the staff hasn't done their job with that position for multiple years or they are sitting better players. One is malpractice the other is just inept ability.

As I stated, Jumper is going in when they tell him to, which is not fault of his fault.

Where's Elliott Berry the recruited athlete/linebacker?

Maleik Gray the 4/5 star linebacker/safety recruit?
Elliott knocked the d-string off one of their better RBs during the game, dude had to leave for a series or two, a showstopper. Thanks EB!!

VN Store

Back