Colorado State to hire woman coach for mens team?

Pat was a great coach and a pioneer.

She did a lot of baby seal clubbing though. And I don’t think men’s and women’s hoops is even the same sport really.

Doesn’t necessarily translate. Not to mention that she would be a women trying to coach and recruit men in an era that wouldn’t haven’t been as receptive to it.

IMO she fully understood the sport of basketball. There are plenty of successful men's coaches that never played Men's college basketball.

She would be among them.

The attention that it gets could actually help a little at a place like CSU. But if it was an established basketball school, recruiting would suffer.

I'm glad that Pat only coached the Lady Vols.

I can think of two or three coaches Tennessee has had that I would rather have had Pat sitting in that chair.

But at the risk of sounding sexist, I am yet to meet another female coach I would say that about.

Pat could have had me playing decent basketball. and I am an unatheltic 5-11 white guy shooting 1 of 500 from the free throw line.

You might have been one of the guys I saw Pat having her girls scrimmaging against on football Saturdays a few years ago.

You might have been one of the guys I saw Pat having her girls scrimmaging against on football Saturdays a few years ago.

I was asked to do that by a member of her staff. They saw me play at the TRECS and wanted me to be a part of the practice group. I should’ve done it looking back, but I was too concerned with partying and being selfish.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back