Coker.........

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
I thought this could be an emotion filled game for him being that he played high school football at Antioch, about 10/15 minutes from Vandy.:rock:

The separation between Coker and the rest of the RB's at UT has gotten pretty wide. It's a different team without a healthy Coker, Ainge, or Meachem. This could be a special offense if Meachem sticks around one more year and they are healthy.

The separation between Coker and the rest of the RB's at UT has gotten pretty wide. It's a different team without a healthy Coker, Ainge, or Meachem. This could be a special offense if Meachem sticks around one more year and they are healthy.

Yes it could be a very good offense.

Yup, coaches need to recruit Meach! (But honestlym I can't blame him if he goes!)

They really need to teach Foster to be a FB, see "Shawn Bryson". But Foster isn't that physical so scrap that idea.

Foster just isnt seeing holes at all this year. I know blocking hasnt been great, but, the other backs have been able to show some possibilities.

Foster just inst seeing holes at all this year. I know blocking hasnt been great, but, the other backs have bee nable to shown some possibilities.

I think if you take away Coker's blazing speed, he would have just as much trouble picking up yards as the other two backs. A lot of his yards come from running around the offensive line. That's not exactly finding a hole.

i think with a good offensive line, foster is a great 25-30 carry back. problem is our o-line can't produce a 25 carry back. it's a team effort. the fact that coker's amazing speed allows him to run around the line makes him look better.. he still doesn't do great.

How long has it been since UT had a back with true breakaway speed? This has been a missing component for a long time. Coker is a welcomed change.

OK, well whether its our line not being a 25-30 carry line or watever, Cokers got the best speed..so hes the best.

I think if you take away Coker's blazing speed, he would have just as much trouble picking up yards as the other two backs. A lot of his yards come from running around the offensive line. That's not exactly finding a hole.

Well since you can't take away his speed, not going to fault him for that. Also, that speed helps him hit holes up the middle faster than the other 2 and gives him the chance of a LB reaching for his ankles instead of getting hit square in the legs like Foster. Still not sure how this coaching staff had him listed as the 3rd RB to start the year.

Well since you can't take away his speed, not going to fault him for that. Also, that speed helps him hit holes up the middle faster than the other 2 and gives him the chance of a LB reaching for his ankles instead of getting hit square in the legs like Foster. Still not sure how this coaching staff had him listed as the 3rd RB to start the year.
Remember this coaching staff had Jamal Lewis backing up Mark Levine for half of his freshman year.:clap:

None of his longest runs have been bounced outside. His two TD runs of 80+ were off tackle.

Coker is better between, around, under, and over the tackles.

I was simply stating that if you give the other two backs a good offensive line, they could also be productive.

Well, Coker is productive with the same O-line they are using.

Really. I thought they brought in a special O-line just for Coker. The fact that he is successful running around the O-line doesn't mean the other two running backs suck. They are between the tackles running backs.

Really. I thought they brought in a special O-line just for Coker. The fact that he is successful running around the O-line doesn't mean the other two running backs suck. They are between the tackles running backs.

I don't care where he is successful running at, as long as he is successful. You can keep making excuses for the other 2 if you want. Your reasoning must be used by the coaching staff, hence Hardesty starting today.

Im not saying the other ones suck. I just think with the line we have now, Coker puts the best running game out there.

VN Store

Back