Coker on ESPN

iceman9

Hampton vs. Jax St., in interview told the reporter that it was his fault, his immaturity is the reason he doesn't play for the vols anymore. Great talent, hope his head catches up to all that talent, good luck young man.

Coker just had a nice run up the middle.

He just lined up shotgun to do a hand off to the other running back and the linebacker from Jackson State blitzed up the middle, hit both of them before the hand of was complete, tackled them both, caused a fumble and turnover.

Seriously?? Are you guys keeping track of and rooting for this guy?? I am all for rooting for former Vols on other teams, but this guy could have helped out team greatly and instead disappointed us all by not abiding by the rules. This guy is not worth wasting our breath (or fingers in this case) on. He deserves what he gets. Let's not give him any attention that he doesn't deserve.

Seriously?? Are you guys keeping track of and rooting for this guy?? I am all for rooting for former Vols on other teams, but this guy could have helped out team greatly and instead disappointed us all by not abiding by the rules. This guy is not worth wasting our breath (or fingers in this case) on. He deserves what he gets. Let's not give him any attention that he doesn't deserve.

Maybe we are rooting for a young man that needed to change his life around

Maybe we are rooting for a young man that needed to change his life around

Agreed. He did need to turn his life around. Why he couldn't do it at one of the best football schools in the country after he had MULTIPLE chances and opportunities?? That should make you NOT want to root for him...his loyalty and dedication to YOUR beloved school was not there. Why should you care about him??

Agreed. He did need to turn his life around. Why he couldn't do it at one of the best football schools in the country after he had MULTIPLE chances and opportunities?? That should make you NOT want to root for him...his loyalty and dedication to YOUR beloved school was not there. Why should you care about him??

nice point

I don't think it's really people "Caring" as much as it's just the curiosity of seeing if he can get it together enough to salvage his career.

I don't think it's fair to question his loyalty because he had some issues he wasn't able to overcome. I'm certain he would rather be playing in the SEC than for Hampton if he had the choice.

I think it is mostly people wanting to see if he really was talented or if the Tennessee program had alot to do with his success. I found it very interesting watching Ryan Perilloux suck it up yesterday on his new team. It really goes to show you that surrounding yourself with SEC talent really makes players better than they really are. If Arian Foster was at MTSU or Memphis, do you think he would have the same impact and national attention that he has playing at UT? GO SEC and GO VOLS!!!

well I hope to go see him play at Hampton this year so does that make me disloyal to my beloved school? I guess you're just a better fan than I

well I hope to go see him play at Hampton this year so does that make me disloyal to my beloved school? I guess you're just a better fan than I

Not trying to pick a fight. I don't think anyone on here is any more of a fan than the next guy. We are all loyal and passionate Vol Fans. I just think the guy is a bum and it really burns me when guys commit to play for our great university and take up a scholarship and then can't abide by and follow the rules like all of the other players on the team. He doesn't deserve our attention in my opinion. He is a bum!

Not trying to pick a fight. I don't think anyone on here is any more of a fan than the next guy. We are all loyal and passionate Vol Fans. I just think the guy is a bum and it really burns me when guys commit to play for our great university and take up a scholarship and then can't abide by and follow the rules like all of the other players on the team. He doesn't deserve our attention in my opinion. He is a bum!

he's still a young man who played hard for UT when here. Bet you didn't think he was worthless until he could no longer put on a jersey for UT. IMO that's sadder than what Coker did. Football is such a small part of these guy's lives but you don't care

OK . . . so don't watch him.

he's still a young man who played hard for UT when here. Bet you didn't think he was worthless until he could no longer put on a jersey for UT. IMO that's sadder than what Coker did. Football is such a small part of these guy's lives but you don't care

It's not that I don't care. I just believe he had a bright future ahead of him and had a great opportunity laid on a silver platter, yet he couldn't take advantage of that? I don't care what his background was. Everyone can change. Look at where Barack Obama came from. He came from nothing. Don't tell me it can't be done. How many young men can say they had the opportunity to start for the University of Tennessee?? How many would give anything to have that chance?? He had it and blew it. There are so many other young men on that team that faced the same obstacles as him and they abided by the rules. Why couldn't he?

It's not that I don't care. I just believe he had a bright future ahead of him and had a great opportunity laid on a silver platter, yet he couldn't take advantage of that? I don't care what his background was. Everyone can change. Look at where Barack Obama came from. He came from nothing. Don't tell me it can't be done. How many young men can say they had the opportunity to start for the University of Tennessee?? How many would give anything to have that chance?? He had it and blew it. There are so many other young men on that team that faced the same obstacles as him and they abided by the rules. Why couldn't he?

Judge not...

:nono:

You're doing a poor job of convincing anyone. We all get that you could care less about him. Don't try to make us see it your way, we don't care.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You're doing a poor job of convincing anyone. We all get that you could care less about him. Don't try to make us see it your way, we don't care.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm in the same boat. What are we supposed to do . . . see the light and change the channel?

VN Store

Back