Coker is back.

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
He will rejoin the team tomorrow and be at practice Monday. However, he will not travel to Cal, but will be available for play when Southern Miss rolls around.

Keep your head straight, Coker.

He will rejoin the team tomorrow and be at practice Monday. However, he will not travel to Cal, but will be available for play when Southern Miss rolls around.

Keep your head straight, Coker.

not questioning your credibility kirby, but a link would make me feel better.

here's a link to the local CBS affiliate's story.

WVLT - Sports

After serving a roughly 3-week suspension from the team for undisclosed reasons, Friday Coach Fulmer reinstated Tennessee's leading Running Back, Sophomore LaMarcus Coker to the team.

In suspending Coker from the squad pretty-much at the start of fall practice, Coach Fulmer said Coker had some personal issue to take care-of and he would work closely with medical staff, counselers, and his UT Family to set himself straight.

Coker will begin practicing with the team as early as this weekend. But he will not travel for the season-opener against the CAL Golden Bears. But Tennessee will instead begin using Coker's services for the Home Opener against Southern MS, September 8th 7:00p on PPV.

I wish he could be on the team at Cal, but I think it's a good move to not let him travel with us.

Just heard on the radio that Phil Fulmer had a press conference and said that Lamarcus Coker had fulfilled his obligations to the team and has been reinstated, but will not travel to the Cal game.

This is great news guys, i am really hoping he stays straight.
Too bad he isnt the only one on the team with that problem.

Good for the team.

I think he will push Foster for the starting RB job in the Southern Miss game.

He's dominated slower defenses in the past.

OH HELL YEA!!! im so happy.. i knew that he wouldnt play against CAl, but he will only miss one game, so thats A-OKAY!! :)

This is basically what I thought would happen...but I thought along these lines for probably the wrong reason. I was thinking that we wanted him back for UF, but you can't bring him back just before the UF game or you look like a hypocrite. So, bring him back for the home opener and then have him ready for UF. The real reason probably has more to do with rehab timing than politics.

I hate that he can't see the field at Cal...but I can't say it isn't expected.

VN Store

Back