Coaching Search Thread

I'll save you some time this morning. Here's what you'll hear:

- we need to hire somebody that is a winner, somebody that has a track record of success

- we need a person who is a great fit

- someone with boundless energy; enthusiastic; loves people

- a great communicator; loves to be around people who care about the University of Tennessee

- a great recruiter- that's our lifeblood

- ability to connect with people, connect with players, connect with recruits, sees the big picture on our campus and appreciate being a part of our university

- genuine priority on academic success

Reactions: 1 person
Actually i do, I've researched Byrd every single time a vacancy opens up. It wouldn't be a good fit here. What he does at Belmont is special to that school and area. He's too old to start somewhere now. I doubt We go for Byrd.

He's a stabilizer. That's what our program needs. Rather him suffer a few losing seasons than an up and comer come here who only knows winning only to get his mind jacked and he sucks.

I want Bobby Hurley! He knows how to beat UK. He did as a player, and was really close this year beating them at Rupp.

Last edited:
Should've rehired Pearl for the record.

You don't hire a guy with NCAA run-ins when you're 3 years removed from NCAA run-ins. You sure as hell don't hire the same guy who was responsible for those run-ins. You absolutely in no f-ing way hire that guy one week after you fire a coach for NCAA run-ins.

Last edited:
Mr. Hart, go and get a winner please sir!!!! I don't care what his government name is. As long as he can recruit and put up some W's, the fans will eventually come around.

You don't hire a guy with NCAA run-ins when you're 3 removed from NCAA run-ins. You sure as hell don't hire the same guy who was responsible for those run-ins. You absolutely in no f-ing way hire that guy one week after you fire a coach for NCAA run-ins.

Makes about as much sense as hiring Tyndall.

I would like to officially launch the "Triple B to Tennessee" campaign (Bring Back Bruce to Tennessee) aka #BBBtoUT. Lets go get the coach that really had UT on the map for several years and made UT basketball fun and worth watching. He's had time to get his act together and learn from his mistakes and it would be fantastic to see him put on the orange and white again!!!! #Vols #VFL #BrucePearl

Reactions: 2 people
Brad Underwood keeps coming up. Listening to 104.5 they had some so-called expert on that said UT should pull the trigger early on him because Texas and Indiana job will be available soon.

I say hire Crean if Indiana fires him

I would like to officially launch the "Triple B to Tennessee" campaign (Bring Back Bruce to Tennessee) aka #BBBtoUT. Lets go get the coach that really had UT on the map for several years and made UT basketball fun and worth watching. He's had time to get his act together and learn from his mistakes and it would be fantastic to see him put on the orange and white again!!!! #Vols #VFL #BrucePearl

Take this garbage to the Pearl thread. This is for discussion about LEGITIMATE HC options.

Makes about as much sense as hiring Tyndall.

Oh we will back a proven cheater like Tyndall who's had every school on probation he's been at, but by no means will we support the guy who built tennessee basketball. Makes sense smh.

Brad Underwood keeps coming up. Listening to 104.5 they had some so-called expert on that said UT should pull the trigger early on him because Texas and Indiana job will be available soon.

I say hire Crean if Indiana fires him

From what I've gathered, Tom Crean gets one more year.

VN Store

Back