Coaches who career we ended

pualsline

poakley@safeoak.com
Our last game against...

Mike Shula - Tennessee Wins - 13-16
Mike Debose - Tennessee Wins - 10-20
Gene Stallings - Tennessee Wins - 13-20
Paul Bryant - Tennessee Wins - 35 -28
Steve Spurrier - Tennessee Wins - 32 - 34 (Florida)
Steve Spurrier - Tennessee Wins - 24-27 (South Carolina)
Mark Richt - Tennessee Wins - 38-31

There are many more, but I just thought of a few to look up.

Our last game against...

Mike Shula - Tennessee Wins - 13-16
Mike Debose - Tennessee Wins - 10-20
Gene Stallings - Tennessee Wins - 13-20
Paul Bryant - Tennessee Wins - 35 -28
Steve Spurrier - Tennessee Wins - 32 - 34 (Florida)
Steve Spurrier - Tennessee Wins - 24-27 (South Carolina)
Mark Richt - Tennessee Wins - 38-31

There are many more, but I just thought of a few to look up.

Who got next 🤔

Reactions: vols40
Tennessee helped end Ron Zook's time as Florida head football coach and they helped end the coaching career of Kentucky head football coach Jerry Claiborne.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Saban is going nowhere, not yet anyway. But if in 2023, the Vols whip the Tide decisively, Saban scampers. But here's the kicker, I see him returning to LSU, as Kelly will fall flat. LSU will throw out a money offer that even Saban won't be able to resist, and LSU will welcome him with open arms. Or, wanting to avoid further stress, he will take his ball and go home.

Saban is going nowhere, not yet anyway. But if in 2023, the Vols whip the Tide decisively, Saban scampers. But here's the kicker, I see him returning to LSU, as Kelly will fall flat. LSU will throw out a money offer that even Saban won't be able to resist, and LSU will welcome him with open arms. Or, wanting to avoid further stress, he will take his ball and go home.
Nick Saban looked like he's already considering retirement from what he looked like on the Nick Saban Show. I could see him deciding to retire if Alabama loses to Ole Miss and doesn't go to the SEC Championship Game and the Playoffs. I could see him announcing his retirement before the Auburn game telling the team and the Media that Alabama's Bowl Game will be the last game he coaches in his career. ESPN would make this a huge production.

Dude is 70 and got nothing to prove. His team this year is uncharacteristically sloppy and vulnerable on the road. Saban is slipping and everyone can see it. He might be able to right the ship, and he might not. But I don't see him starting over somewhere else.

His next title will be is last, if there is one. If Kiffin beats him this year, I could see him hanging it up. Conference realignment and the NIL don't appear to suit him. I don't know how many more seasons he'll want to coach, but I'm guessing it's less than 5.

Dude is 70 and got nothing to prove. His team this year is uncharacteristically sloppy and vulnerable on the road. Saban is slipping and everyone can see it. He might be able to right the ship, and he might not. But I don't see him starting over somewhere else.

His next title will be is last, if there is one. If Kiffin beats him this year, I could see him hanging it up. Conference realignment and the NIL don't appear to suit him. I don't know how many more seasons he'll want to coach, but I'm guessing it's less than 5.
Kiffin to Bama if that happens?

Kiffin to Bama if that happens?
Mad4vols i think in a move that will shock people when Nick Saban retires Dabo Swinney will leave Clemson for Alabama. I think he would be fired after 3-4 years like Ray Perkins when he wins 9-10 games a season which wont be enough for Alabama fans.

Reactions: MAD
Mad4vols i think in a move that will shock people when Nick Saban retires Dabo Swinney will leave Clemson for Alabama. I think he would be fired after 3-4 years like Ray Perkins when he wins 9-10 games a season which wont be enough for Alabama fans.
That would be the end of Clemson’s reign, hope that happens.

Vandy bragged about this during their glory days of Franklin, and I never understood why it’s a brag.

It means you were so bad, losing to you was the final straw. Coaches aren’t going to get fired for losing to us anymore, because losing to us will come as no surprise.

Edit.... Dangit....wrong idiot Bammer coach... DuBose's mishaps were with his secretary. Mike Price had them "rolling" lolol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Clark

Yea, there’s not enough money in the world for Saban to go back to LSU…it’s one thing for a guy like Kelly (or Saban when he was young) to go there because he knows the talent available is enough to win a championship but once you have 6 championships you’re not going to choose to live in Louisiana when other options are available.

If Dabo doesn’t get back into the championship game before Saban retires I think he would jump at the chance to go to Tuscaloosa. And I think he would disappoint because 10 win seasons with no championships aren’t what the Bama crowd expects.

If Dabo doesn’t get back into the championship game before Saban retires I think he would jump at the chance to go to Tuscaloosa. And I think he would disappoint because 10 win seasons with no championships aren’t what the Bama crowd expects.

I don't see him ever leaving Clemson

we may find out, eventually

Reactions: Jeff Clark

VN Store

Back