Coaches are reaching out and expressing interest in the job

He lost just as many listeners as he gained when he decided to become the "Rush Limbaugh" of sports talk radio. Me included. He's not nearly as popular as he pretends to be. People who would gravitate to his garbage are generally pretty easily fooled though

I'm glad you speak for everyone ole wise one.

What is a fact is 104.5 The Zone went downhill when Travis left regardless of how obnoxious he is. He is highly intelligent, entertaining, knowledgeable and dont give a sheite when anyone thinks as far as sugar coating.

The job is attractive for two reasons. Money and exposure. TN is still a school in the best conference in the NCAA and being that we are no longer paying any coaches, we can open the wallet up for the right guy.

At the end of the day, money talks. If you're going to double someone's current salary, they'll be pretty dang interested. It isn't like it has hurt Butch Jones much. He collected a huge buyout and now is a HC again making millions from someone else.

He lost just as many listeners as he gained when he decided to become the "Rush Limbaugh" of sports talk radio. Me included. He's not nearly as popular as he pretends to be. People who would gravitate to his garbage are generally pretty easily fooled though
An entertainers number one job is to entertain. He is just doing what he is supposed to do.

I'm glad you speak for everyone ole wise one.

What is a fact is 104.5 The Zone went downhill when Travis left regardless of how obnoxious he is. He is highly intelligent, entertaining, knowledgeable and dont give a sheite when anyone thinks as far as sugar coating.
Clay is very talented. I don't deny that for a second.

Travis... am I missing something in terms of his connections to the UT AD? Why in the world would any talented college coach ask a radio personality for help landing a gig?
They wouldn't. Maybe he needs to go back to Covid tracking

Do you have a source for this? He is nationally syndicated and regularly picks up new stations in new markets...meaning his audience is in fact growing. Clay is as in the know as any relevant talking head out there whether you agree with his opinions or not.

We already know coaches are interested

The real questions are (a) 'are there any GOOD coaches interested' and (b) 'is the Tennessee AD willing to hire them'? That I'm skeptical of.

If the AD is unwilling to look at Freeze, Kiffin, or Chadwell, that eliminates the 3 most obvious "GOOD" coaches interested in the job.

I don't know if Luke Fickell is willing to come here given the circumstances. I still think Tom Herman would be a good hire, and he may be our best shot.

I'm pretty skeptical of the lot of former NFL coaches who are interested (Fisher, Marrone). NFL coaches have a pretty poor track record transitioning to the college game. A few obvious exceptions such as Pete Carroll, but way more Dave Wandstadts and Jim Moras than Pete Carrolls.

Clay is very popular and has done well for himself, he hire the entire midday 180 crew on 104.5 the zone in Nashville. I can almost name two of the coaches that talked to him just because I know how close they are to him.

Reactions: howie87
Clay is very popular and has done well for himself, he hire the entire midday 180 crew on 104.5 the zone in Nashville. I can almost name two of the coaches that talked to him just because I know how close they are to him.

Lmao, yeah, that one cracked me up when he did that... Kind of a solid flex... He's developed a pretty decent bullpen of writing talent...

I’m not saying he’s being honest but why the hell would he risk a possible friendship with a coach to out him as wanting out of his current place of employment?

That’s just dumb to think anyone would do that.

Dude have you read most of the posts from people on here??? This place is crawling with 53 year old minimum wage earners...

Reactions: zydane47
I’m not saying he’s being honest but why the hell would he risk a possible friendship with a coach to out him as wanting out of his current place of employment?

That’s just dumb to think anyone would do that.

That’s fair. He knows the same thing Freak knows. This fan base is going to click on any info out there during a coaching search. It’s good for business whether it’s true or not. I don’t begrudge him that but I wouldn’t call it responsible either.

Reactions: zydane47

VN Store

Back