Coach Kellie Harper fired

I'm trying to keep faith that Danny White knows this. Knows he can't put a new coach in the position he'd be putting this one in in year one if there aren't incoming players. Who would want that job?
That’s why it’s so weird that it’s coming this late in the game, I’ll wait until the hire but I don’t have a good feeling about this.

I don’t see anything scary about replacing a coach that was mediocre in every sense of the word. Wasn’t able to coach up to the level of talent on the squad and wasn’t particularly good in her previous stints.
Totally agree.. I rather not make the tournament next season then continue to put the product on the floor we’ve seen during the Holly & Kellie eras

I fully realize I am in the minority. Hasn’t bothered me ever.
DW has embarrassed himself with the baseball coach and now this.

Yes, a total embarrassment that baseball coach is. Selling out games, hottest ticket in Knoxville, competitive teams year in and year out, CWS locks, leading the charge to upgrade and update the stadium, perennial MLB draft picks, and is heavily involved with the community and the university OUTSIDE of baseball.

Yes, total embarrassment.

I'll take the "embarrassment" if it means the LV get to the same heights.

That’s why it’s so weird that it’s coming this late in the game, I’ll wait until the hire but I don’t have a good feeling about this.

Okay, here is the worrisome thing. If White presumably said, "hey Kellie I want you back as HC but we have to sack Jon" that offer could mean he did not have a "home run" hire waiting in the wings. Maybe he was surprised that Kellie said no and now we have a dumpster fire.

What’s embarrassing is that a certain portion of this Lady Vols fan base is stuck in 1987 and insists on keeping everything “in the family!”
How has that worked out for us? I’ll tell you, we’ve had to fire 2 VFL’s that have given their all for Tennessee! I don’t know about you, but I don’t like eating my own just because we can’t get out of our own way and hire the best basketball coach available for our women’s squad, not a mediocre coach, just because it’s one of “Pat’s girls!”
And btw, the knock on the baseball coach is asinine!
Rough Monday after yesterday but I sure did chuckle

What’s embarrassing is that a certain portion of this Lady Vols fan base is stuck in 1987 and insists on keeping everything “in the family!”
How has that worked out for us? I’ll tell you, we’ve had to fire 2 VFL’s that have given their all for Tennessee! I don’t know about you, but I don’t like eating my own just because we can’t get out of our own way and hire the best basketball coach available for our women’s squad, not a mediocre coach, just because it’s one of “Pat’s girls!”
And btw, the knock on the baseball coach is asinine!
Okay…feel better now?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Confirms that she was offered the opportunity to stay with staff changes and refused. Says it was mutual that she move on. Must have been John that AD White wanted removed.

So an AD wants to hire / fire staff overriding the one he hired to do so? Interesting - doubt whomever he brings in will agree to him naming who the staff must be either.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
What if the WNBA candidate is “a white male”? 😎
Lawd, that has to be the definition of insanity! Who cares if it’s a man or woman, black or white? I want the best coach available, to coach our Lady Vols back to prominence!
That whole mindset is why we are in the predicament we are in now.

Okay, here is the worrisome thing. If White presumably said, "hey Kellie I want you back as HC but we have to sack Jon" that offer could mean he did not have a "home run" hire waiting in the wings. Maybe he was surprised that Kellie said no and now we have a dumpster fire.
White could have fired him, Kellie couldn’t do anything about it but quit, and she wouldn’t get that big payout she’s getting now.

I honestly stopped keeping up with high school recruiting because of obvious reason, but what coach has a good recruiting class and potential players already on the roster that they could bring with them?

VN Store

Back