Coach Jones on young team

Dude, you write "Get Well" cards, or birthday cards?
You gettn me fired up! (strictly speaking)

I'm 38 and grew up during the glory days.....Butch has me fired up....just like this team...the mindset is changing in Knoxville...as a Volunteer For Life it is invigorating to have elite level youth excited for Tennessee Football! These kids want it and want to build it.

butch-jones-thrusting.gif

screen-shot-2014-04-05-at-4-03-30-pm.png

Butch has turned his vision for this program into a drug and honestly.....I'm abusing the $#!t out of it!

coach-butch-jones-chest-bump-o.gif

Reactions: 4 people
I think this young team will make a number of big strides this year; beat Florida, big road win (OK, UGA, Ol Miss, or USCe) and make a bowl game. This will lead to a top 5-10 2015 class and bigger and better things in 2015 and beyond.

I could see us beating Utah St by 6, beat Ark St by 3, then all the sudden beat OU on the road by 17. Not likely but you get my point. This team will be truly unpredictable IMO. Which I don't see as a bad thing especially this year and is part of the beauty of college football.

Kind of like how we struggled to beat South Alabama last year but then came close to beating Georgia and then finally pulled it off against USCjr. Except I feel like this team will be better this year.

Eh...

Mason isn't that far off. The East truly is up for grabs and Vanderbilt OR us could end up taking it at the end of the day. The only team completely out of the mix at this point is Kentucky.

Butch is doing it the right way, however. By shooting for a good bowl game you will automatically put yourself in position to win a weak division.

Respectfully disagree: I expect Kentucky to beat Vandy this year. Vandy lost their QB, good RB, entire secondary, both WRs and a slew of other starters...and they recruited poorly (40th?). Kentucky brings back most of their team which has a few stars (DL/LB) and they recruited well last year (top 20). They snatched a real good RB from the tusks of bamer and got a pretty good QB in last class, among others.

Mason may very well turn out to be a good coach, but they will get worse before better. He reminds me of Coach Strong.

Depending on how bad GA and FL implode/recover from last year's injuries, we can win the East but USCe is the odds on favorite as they bring back the most 2 deep starters by far.

USCe: 2/1, aTM, Aub
GA: 7/2, Aub, Ark
TN: 9/2, Ala, Ole Miss, ouch!
FL: 9/2 Ala, LSU, ouch!
Mizzou: 11/2, aTm, Ark
KY: 9/1: MSU, LSU
Vandy: 13/1, MSU, Ole Miss

The Great Carnac has spoken!

For millennials, Carnac is PL or pre-Leno.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Just remember we haven't even won an SEC road game in 7 years (other than UK and Vandy). We will suck this year, but we will grow each game barring injuries. Let's just try to get to a bowl game.

Which one is it? Have we or haven't we win an SEC road game?

Hopefully the 2014 and 2015 classes will have a great nucleus of 2 and 3 starters than will propel us back to the upper tier in the SEC and sustain our rightful place..We made strides this year, but a big jump happens next year.

You realize that all the coaches say that is your goal. First goal is always division title.

No not always, and not one with any sense...or who is realistic...that is why he said, "MAKE IT TO A BOWL GAME", sure I want to win the east, want to won it all.

I'm 38 and grew up during the glory days.....Butch has me fired up....just like this team...the mindset is changing in Knoxville...as a Volunteer For Life it is invigorating to have elite level youth excited for Tennessee Football! These kids want it and want to build it.

Butch has turned his vision for this program into a drug and honestly.....I'm abusing the $#!t out of it!

Gave you a like...and don't get me wrong...that kind of talk makes the offseason a little bit easier.

In a couple years... Mike Gundy time

I honestly think we'll lose by 2 or 3 td's. No negavol here, just making a point of how unpredictable this team will be and how young we are but who knows.

That sounds more accurate than us beating them by 17, like you had mentioned earlier in this thread. OU reloads every year... and let's not forget the can of whoop azz they opened up on bammer in the sugar bowl last year.

Last edited:
good thing Utah States roster includes 51 or so kids that are in their first or second year in the program just like UT. That game will be about talent bc both teams are inexperienced. And thats out of 91 kids listed on the roster and one is already done for the year and some others may get suspended.

edit--52 players in their first or second year. so thats about 58% of their roster is pretty new.

Last edited:
good thing Utah States roster includes 51 or so kids that are in their first or second year in the program just like UT. That game will be about talent bc both teams are inexperienced. And thats out of 91 kids listed on the roster and one is already done for the year.

Our youth is better than their youth:rock:

Eh...

Mason isn't that far off. The East truly is up for grabs and Vanderbilt OR us could end up taking it at the end of the day. The only team completely out of the mix at this point is Kentucky.

Butch is doing it the right way, however. By shooting for a good bowl game you will automatically put yourself in position to win a weak division.

FALSE!
UK under stoops will have a better chance to reach a SEC championship than Mason at Vandy. (ie out recruiting and have better facility than Vanderbilt)

The real question to this season is, will all these young guys be like North and Sutton, or will they be the next Kelly Washington or Bryce Brown???? :blink:

Only time will tell.

The real question to this season is, will all these young guys be like North and Sutton, or will they be the next Kelly Washington or Bryce Brown???? :blink:

Only time will tell.

I'll take a Kelly Washington.. Just broke a single game rec record..

Only time will tell.

? I would love for them to be as talented as either. Both are NFL players:loco:

VN Store

Back