Coach Elder's tweet

Matt Darr was ranked the #1 punter by several services coming out of HS too. Doesn't mean squat.

Yeah, and Terrea Smalls was a top 5 DT back in the late 90s. He never did squat. Sorry, Kahlil McKenzie, guess you'll have to look elsewhere. No more top 5 DTs for us. We learned our lesson with Terrea Smalls. It's good thing all of the recruiting services had Eric Berry as corner coming out of high school. If they had evaluated him as the top safety in the country, we would have had to pass on him because of the curse of O.J. Owens. No top ranked safeties for us ever again. No siree. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...you won't fool me twice.

did you watch any games last year?

Darr always looked world's better than Palardy in warm-ups, like 15 yards per punt better, at least in the three games I went to. Totally whiffed during games though.

We had a barefoot kicker? Haha This I gotta see. XD

I kicked barefoot in middle school. Would have in highschool but the refs wouldn't let me. It doesn't hurt if you practice.

I could kick a lot further barefoot than with soccer shoes. Plus, I was not going to wear out my precious soccer shoes.

Palardy averaged more yards per punt his Junior and Senior season then Britton Colquitt did.

IMO Palardy developed into a good punter, much better than his place kicking. A great kicking game wins at least 1-2 games every season.

VN Store

Back