Coach DD has the #16 best coaching job in the ncaa

TNinSC

down in southeast ga
No link, read this in the Athlon Sports 2010 NCAA football preview magazine. UT is ranked in the top 25 of something.

Athlon Sports publishing ranks the University of Tennessee as #16 on its list of best coaching jobs.

Pros: large crowd/stadium and rich history

Cons: have to recruit outside of state because lack of bcs talent

Final Verdict: UT is a great place to coach, but the Vols have slipped down the sec food chain over the past decade.
Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Bama are clearly better jobs right now, and you could argue that Auburn belongs on that list

as well.

top 25:
1. Texas 2. USC 3. Florida 4. Alabama
5. Ohio State 6. Oklahoma 7. Florida State
8. Georgia 9. LSU 10. Michigan 11. Penn State
12. Notre Dame 13. Miami 14. UCLA 15. Oregon
16. TENNESSEE 17. Nebraska 18. Texas A&M
19. Va tech 20. Auburn 21. Clemson 22. West Va
23. UNC 24. Washington 25. Wisconsin

other sec teams' rankings:
26. USC jr...32. Ole Miss...33. Arkansas...48. Kentucky...55. miss state...69. vandy

I'd have Michigan higher, although I'm not sure exactly where they would go.
As far as Tennessee, I'd still have us over UCLA and Oregon at least.

Have the same book.... Its about as accurate as you can get it because Oregon has huge Nike hook ups and kids my age want to wear nike not adidas just saying....

Have the same book.... Its about as accurate as you can get it because Oregon has huge Nike hook ups and kids my age want to wear nike not adidas just saying....
How old are you? I'm a couple years older than most recruits, and I know a few from high school, and I've heard no mention of shoes coming into their decision.

How old are you? I'm a couple years older than most recruits, and I know a few from high school, and I've heard no mention of shoes coming into their decision.

I don't think it's just about shoes. Oregon will always have top-notch facilities because of Nike. Not to mention all the "agents" that hang around with Nike.

I don't think it's just about shoes. Oregon will always have top-notch facilities because of Nike. Not to mention all the "agents" that hang around with Nike.
Oregon will, but I'm not buying the 'kids my age don't want to wear Adidas' argument. However, Oregon really only has facilities. They've been historically irrelevant and their location isn't that great. Eugene sucks. They may recruit okay, but the job isn't one of the best, IMO.

Oregon will, but I'm not buying the 'kids my age don't want to wear Adidas' argument. However, Oregon really only has facilities. They've been historically irrelevant and their location isn't that great. Eugene sucks. They may recruit okay, but the job isn't one of the best, IMO.

I agree, but if Oregon could get a great coach, it would be a consistent top 10 program. Besides tradition and facilities, what does UK basketball have? Because I'll guarantee than Lexington is worse than Eugene.

I agree, but if Oregon could get a great coach, it would be a consistent top 10 program. Besides tradition and facilities, what does UK basketball have? Because I'll guarantee than Lexington is worse than Eugene.
That plus a good coach, is really enough.

That's what I'm saying. Oregon would be really tough to deal with if they had a "great" coach.
It takes a pretty bad program to not be tough when you have a great coach. That's how you know Michigan State is unlikely to go anywhere.

I wouldn't put Penn State ahead of us either. UCLA/Penn State/Oregon should definitely be lower. UCLA is really out of place.

Top 10 based on who's winning lately. No way Alabama was in Top 10 5 years ago. No way LSU there 10 years ago.

Dooley wins and he's going to wake up some morning and will be told he has a Top 10 job.

If you honestly think UT is a better job than Michigan you need to have your head checked......they have more tradition....the most wins in college football....more national titles....more Heisman's(considered we have NONE)

That being said, I agree that Oregon should not be ahead of us

I'm 17 and i play highschool basketball and i will honestly tell you that every kid i know would much rather wear nike stuff than adidas stuff....

Top 10 based on who's winning lately. No way Alabama was in Top 10 5 years ago. No way LSU there 10 years ago.

Dooley wins and he's going to wake up some morning and will be told he has a Top 10 job.

Again....do people not understand tradition....it has nothing to do with just the last 10 years....Alabama has a ton of tradition and NC's(depending on who you ask), one of the top 10 most winning programs of all time....not only that....who cares about 5 years or 10 years ago...it's all about today

is this just not a reflection of the current lack of winning in tennessee? put a few winning years together and the vols job is top 10

1. Texas 2. USC 3. Florida 4. Alabama
5. Ohio State 6. Oklahoma 7. Florida State
8. Georgia 9. LSU 10. Michigan 11. Penn State
12. Notre Dame 13. Miami 14. UCLA 15. Oregon
16. TENNESSEE 17. Nebraska 18. Texas A&M
19. Va tech 20. Auburn 21. Clemson 22. West Va
23. UNC 24. Washington 25. Wisconsin

other sec teams' rankings:
26. USC jr...32. Ole Miss...33. Arkansas...48. Kentucky...55. miss state...69. vandy[/QUOTE]

Hell, the climate alone elevates Knoxville above OH State, Michigan, State Pen, Notre Dame, and Oregon.

VN Store

Back