Coach Cutcliffe respect

Wouldn't be scheduled for at least 4 years from now and then your point about Cut won't matter- he'll be in his 4th season as the head coach of LSU at that time.

This!

We must remember that the University only had $1 Million in reserve for all sports at the beginning of this season. It will take time to get this up to a respectable level. Far too many buyouts (Thanks sHammy).

Exactly. He hurt us in so many ways and then we paid him out when he resigned. It will take years to overcome the damage his ineptitude caused and hart is not the man to do it.

I thought he turned it down when offered. That's when we panic hired Dooley.
Or am I wrong?

I think you are right. A man of character...did not feel he could leave Duke when he had just started there. And panic hire is putting it nicely...hammy just kept making messes and then played in them.

I think you are right. A man of character...did not feel he could leave Duke when he had just started there. And panic hire is putting it nicely...hammy just kept making messes and then played in them.
Yet he could bail on UT right before its biggest game in 50yrs

I hate the thought of contributing to an L on Coach Cuts record... Would be a fun game to watch though... I'd rather play an NC, NC State, or Miami on a home and home though. Miami would bring quite a bit of national exposure, plus it wouldn't hurt to beat them in Miami as far as recruiting goes.
Nice post, I agree

Randy Sanders took it over that night and we did just fine... No warm feelings for Cut?

Just saying he wouldn't bail on Duke because he's a "man of character" but did to UT one game away from a NC? Says quite a bit that Sanders was able to step in and finish the task

I have lukewarm feelings for bama Dave Cut. His play calling cost us some big games

Just saying he wouldn't bail on Duke because he's a "man of character" but did to UT one game away from a NC?

I have lukewarm feelings for bama Dave Cut. His play calling cost us some big games
He's a hellova QB devoloper.. Hafta agree but some blame lies with Fulmer also

Just saying he wouldn't bail on Duke because he's a "man of character" but did to UT one game away from a NC? Says quite a bit that Sanders was able to step in and finish the task

There is a difference between a head coach and an assistant coach. Also never picked up on any hard feelings towards him within the program, so apparently they did not think he bailed. As to play calls costing games, you are probably right. Do you know someone who always calls a prefect game? If so maybe you could convince hart to hire him.

There is a difference between a head coach and an assistant coach. Also never picked up on any hard feelings towards him within the program, so apparently they did not think he bailed. As to play calls costing games, you are probably right. Do you know someone who always calls a prefect game? If so maybe you could convince hart to hire him.

It wasn't about being perfect it was about being mind screwed by Spurrier. He did good things here but I'm never going to go so far as to say I wouldn't like to see UT beat his team by 100 or that we should travel to a school like Duke out of some sense of nostalgia

It wasn't about being perfect it was about being mind screwed by Spurrier. He did good things here but I'm never going to go so far as to say I wouldn't like to see UT beat his team by 100 or that we should travel to a school like Duke out of some sense of nostalgia

Well......
1) Steveieboy mind screwed a lot of coaches.
2) I wouldn't care if we beat Duke by 200 points...just beat them if we ever play them. I don't care who would be coaching them.
3) It would not make sense to travel to Dule to play a game. Stadium could not support our fans or our monetary requirements.

I have started watching Duke when I can because of my respect for what Coach Cutcliffe is doing there. My question is how would the fan base feel about a home and home with Duke. They have a pretty good squad every year now. Would be a quality non conference game without taking on the top dog from a power 5. I myself think it would be a good game for recruits in that area to go back home and play. And would give high school kids in the area that can't make it to Knoxville. Thoughts???

I've got problems with this because I really respect and like coach Cut. He's as good a person as a coach. I don't want UT to play Duke as long as he's the HC there.
Hate that VT came back and beat them yesterday.

I doubt any of the North Carolina schools want to give the Vols a stage right now with the recruiting in roads being made in the state by Jones.

I like Cutcliffe as a coach overall. Fulmer never showed anything without him and owes him a big chunk of his career IMO.

I thought he turned it down when offered. That's when we panic hired Dooley.
Or am I wrong?

Hamilton wouldn't give him the authority to bring his own staff...pretty sure it was an intentional way of offering the job to placate Cut advocates...but knowing he wouldn't take the job under those terms.

Any chance Florida goes after Cutcliffe to replace Will Muschamp? That would be something... To see the Gators quoting the Tennessee Maxims at half time on Live TV!

I have started watching Duke when I can because of my respect for what Coach Cutcliffe is doing there. My question is how would the fan base feel about a home and home with Duke. They have a pretty good squad every year now. Would be a quality non conference game without taking on the top dog from a power 5. I myself think it would be a good game for recruits in that area to go back home and play. And would give high school kids in the area that can't make it to Knoxville. Thoughts???

What's in it for Duke? Coach cut cliff is too smart to schedule a loss year after year.

Wouldn't be scheduled for at least 4 years from now and then your point about Cut won't matter- he'll be in his 4th season as the head coach of LSU at that time.

The only job that Cut would leave Duke for is UT. There will be a statue of him outside of Wallace Wade by the time he leaves.

VN Store

Back