Coach Bajakian on Worley:

Good lord, man. If he makes the pass to the wide open TE, it's a moot point. Worley chose poorly. Maybe not the best play call, but not the game damning call y'all make it out to be.

If he hits TE or throws 6" to left for TD, then Bajak is a hero and great play caller.

Reactions: 2 people
Perhaps Coach thought that play gave us the best chance of converting, and that even if nothing was there the senior QB would throw it away rather than force something and turn the ball over. If nothing is there (and that actually wasn't the case) you can throw it away and still kick the FG like you mentioned. Again, the OL was getting completely manhandled the entire game. It's hard for me to blame the coaching staff for trying to get a TD there with our great receivers, rather than trying to force something using our biggest disadvantage. Heck, even if Worley himself didn't like the play call, I bet he wouldn't blame the coaches for the turnover. It's not difficult to throw it out the back of the endzone if you don't have an open man.

Agreed - he could have thrown it away and we still could have come away with 3 pts. But that didnt happen - the breaks just didnt go our way and we needed them to in order to compete late in this game.

Also, I'm not blaming the staff, just continuing the conversation about a game that was SO SO close to a situation where we could have really put a scare into one of the 5 best teams in the country.

If you look at replay there is a good angle that showed an open receiver in back left corner. Everybody keeps saying how tough Worsley is. The throw was the result if him making a bad decision due to having the yips.

Maybe the yips maybe he thought he could squeeze it in there to North. If the Linebacker doesn't get a hand on it and tip it, the throws a touchdown. He had North, who I'm sure he has a lot of confidence in 1 yard deep in the end zone. Coach Jones commented he had someone (Jones didn't specify) one on one on the edge and that should have been the throw. Its a bad decision because it was tipped, intercepted and returned 100 yards for a dagger in the heart TD. If it gets by the LBs fingertips for a Tennessee TD everyone's singing a different tune.

Reactions: 1 person
What has 'Jake' done to make you think, specifically, that he has the slightest of a clue? Is it the development of QBs that is just stellar? Or is it the ability to draw up that perfect play for the defense?

The fact that he does this for a living on a division 1 level and keeps maintaining employment tells me hes better at it than you or I or anybody else on this board. You may not like his playcalling but you can't definitively say he was wrong just because it doesn't make sense to you.

If Ron Swanson was a coach he would be undefeated because hes got it all figured out the next day. Hes an undefeated Monday morning coach.

Look here buddy, the last thing you need to explain to me is football concepts. The field was spread out for a reason. They were looking to exploit a match up. I am sure that depending on how the defense lined up, Worley had the option to run the ball or audible. Worley chose to throw the ball. If they would've ran the ball, you would complain about that too. It's what people like you do...you want to seem like the smartest guy in the room by second guessing everything someone else does.
FTR, there have been plenty of plays that Worley has audibled out of...the execution on the play was not good. End of story.

This keeps being everyone's fallback who supports the awful play call. It's ridiculous. Who in the world would complain about running the ball in this situation? It's 3rd and short, you have a 6'3 230 pound RB, if you don't convert you kick the field goal and still make it a 2 possession game.

You're going to have to present a valid argument at some point.

I know this isn't the thread for this question and maybe I've read over the answer, but does anyone know the status of Vic Wharton?

• Jenkins, Marquez North, Josh Malone, Johnathon Johnson, Vic Wharton, Pig Howard and Jason Croom are the seven scholarship receivers remaining who aren’t working with the scout team at this point

He is practicing.

I don't know why so many people are so adamant that we should have run on that fateful 3rd and 2. I can definitely buy that we should have had a RB back there, but to be so adamant that we should have run it when our OL was getting obliterated the entire game doesn't make much sense to me. I didn't see anything prior to that that suggested that was a situation where we line up and say, "Our line is going to beat your line for the first down right here". Maybe it's just me though.

Where was the jet sweep? lol

good grief the idiocy in this thread is mind numbing; clearly any number of posters on this board are far better play callers than 99.9% of the paid offensive coordinators in CFB. The knowledge I have gleaned from skimming the board has me prepared for a head coaching position at any time

• Jenkins, Marquez North, Josh Malone, Johnathon Johnson, Vic Wharton, Pig Howard and Jason Croom are the seven scholarship receivers remaining who aren’t working with the scout team at this point

He is practicing.

I'm referring to his injury. Anyone else?

good grief the idiocy in this thread is mind numbing; clearly any number of posters on this board are far better play callers than 99.9% of the paid offensive coordinators in CFB. The knowledge I have gleaned from skimming the board has me prepared for a head coaching position at any time

Yes....because that's what everyone is doing, applying for D 1 jobs as coordinators this thread.

This is the dumbest line of reasoning and applied by pseudo smarta--es everywhere on all football message boards.

Because fans second guess a player or coach or want to discuss a game, they automatically think they are better than said player and coach?

Ridiculous. We're all fans. We like to discuss our teams, good or bad.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm referring to his injury. Anyone else?

You are referring to the status of Vic Wharton's injury and since he is practicing, HE IS NOT INJURED. He made the trip to Norman. If you want more information you need to talk to his doctor.

I apologize for the direct answer in my previous post. I know it is not a typical VN response of ridicule and sarcasm and I hope this one makes you feel at home.

I would also like to apologize to VN for answering an off topic question in a dead thread and giving it a bump.

Yes....because that's what everyone is doing, applying for D 1 jobs as coordinators this thread.

This is the dumbest line of reasoning and applied by pseudo smarta--es everywhere on all football message boards.

Because fans second guess a player or coach or want to discuss a game, they automatically think they are better than said player and coach?

Ridiculous. We're all fans. We like to discuss our teams, good or bad.

Yes, we as fans should have a voice, but it should be a reasonable voice. Most on here sound like empty wagons just typing the first thought that pops into their inebriated mind. And it never fails that some other inebriated fan will agree and shake the empty wagon even louder.

Last year the "all knowing" VN DC wanted Martinez and Jancek fired because of the defensive schemes. When it was not the schemes that were the problem, it was the slow and less than athletic players. This year, we have the same scheme, but faster and more athletic players to fit said scheme.

My point is that us fans need to shut their pie hole and be patient. Complaining is fine, but to beat a dead horse over and over again gets tiresome.

VN Store

Back