Close to a sell out ?

Not unless they drop some deals? Not selling 4000+ tickets at 100+ with rain expected. I wish we would be full and they do whatever they can to fill the seats but I don’t see it happening.

Less than 200 of those 4000 upper end zone have sold in the last 2 days. Just not going to happen at over $100 a ticket.

Reactions: 08Vol and BisonVol
146171-edec45e59c32f495505b617512fe0c4e.jpg

She could feed both teams and have some left over, back to knitting

So 98,389 tickets sold, and still a couple days to go, plus gate sales.

I bet we're over 100,000 by kickoff. May not be sold out, but it'll be close enough that no one at field level will notice the difference.

Go Vols!

If our players are worried about the crowd size, we're screwed!

Reactions: 08Vol and BisonVol
The problem is that the tickets aren't priced according to the product. Over $100 for an upper deck seat is ridiculous. Just like you can't price a car with 200,000 miles on it as if it is brand new, you can't price a ticket to a football game between two rebuilding programs as if the two teams are going to compete nationally. If they want people to show up rather than watching on tv, then they have to prove that to be the case in how they price the tickets.
You have to pay Butch & Co. NOT to be here. Before that Dools. It adds up and the fans end up paying for it.

Reactions: BisonVol
The problem is that the tickets aren't priced according to the product. Over $100 for an upper deck seat is ridiculous. Just like you can't price a car with 200,000 miles on it as if it is brand new, you can't price a ticket to a football game between two rebuilding programs as if the two teams are going to compete nationally. If they want people to show up rather than watching on tv, then they have to prove that to be the case in how they price the tickets.
I agree, I went to Bryant Denny three yrs. ago, and the face value was about $90, and there were lots of empty seats too; of course I didn't actually pay face value.

Wow, South End Zone Upper is approximately half full. Still singles available in lower. Never thought I'd see that for UT/UF. Prices are out of control and I think the fans are finally speaking with their wallets.

OBligatory - we have been holding back until florida game post. Me thinks not. Both teams have a long way to go, this is a battle to stay out of the cellar.

Wow, South End Zone Upper is approximately half full. Still singles available in lower. Never thought I'd see that for UT/UF. Prices are out of control and I think the fans are finally speaking with their wallets.

Call me whatever you'd like. But the difference in the crowd...demographics... for a $50 game and a $150 game is vastly different. Give me the people going to the $150 games EVERY time. It's Wal-Mart crowd vs. Target crowd.

FAIR WEATHER FANZ...……….The FACT that it is NOT a sell out and a high demand for tickets is very telling. Chicken or Egg?? We need to get out and rock the house. Win or Lose. Show some support for once and stop the bitchin' and spouting what is wrong with the players, coaches and program. A standing room only loud and proud crowd would go a long way on changing the results.

556689a82585af912352268e7c906352.jpg

Call me whatever you'd like. But the difference in the crowd...demographics... for a $50 game and a $150 game is vastly different. Give me the people going to the $150 games EVERY time. It's Wal-Mart crowd vs. Target crowd.
You have to be careful with that, because expensive tickets attract blue hairs too who will just come in there and sit.

Usually the cupcake games (cheaper tickets) attract a lot of families, people bring kids, etc. That, combined with the fact it is a cupcake, combine for a more docile crowd. Lots of times the loudest the crowd gets during those games is when they run through the T, and even that isn't relatively loud.

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but this is one of those rare years I can afford to go to this game...and I’m not. But I’m 0-3 at Florida games. Our odds are better if I just host a watch party back home in good old Gallatin. The food will be better anyway :) GBO!

Cool! I love me some Gatlinburg!

(blue font)

lol are you serious? According to all the tickets still available from the UT ticket office.

AllVols | University of Tennessee Athletics | Vols & Lady Vols Tickets

If I asked the question then yes I was serious. Just wanted to know where you got your info. Besides half off those seats that look open are just people with season tickets who are trying to sell their tickets to make a profit. That place will be filled up come Saturday night no doubt. This stuff has happened for years and we always end up with a great crowd.

VN Store

Back