Clay Travis acting bigger than his britches?

In my opinion, Clay Travis is trying to make a name for himself. I think he has already done that, but not in a good way. On situations where he makes a right prediction, he struts and preens like the cock of the walk, and when he is wrong, he makes silly excuses that his fans are stupid enough to buy.

He reminds me of a slinkie. He isn't good for much, but brings a smile to your face if pushed down a flight of stairs.
I may have to borrow this sometime.

I can remember back to 08' joining the nation he received a lot of accolades in the forums. Then all of a sudden he flipped a switch and what you see today is what you get.

I can remember back to 08' joining the nation he received a lot of accolades in the forums. Then all of a sudden he flipped a switch and what you see today is what you get.

Because back when Fulmer was still coach, I'm guessing with his book he wrote, he had more of an "in" with the UT football program. Plus then he was more on the lines of a "traditional" sports journalist.

The flip switch was when he realized acting like a d-bag would make him a lot more money.

He may be looking for a Paul Finebaum type deal.

The one thing I'll give him is, he's been very open and up front about what he's trying to do. He has made it clear acting like a troll is where the money is, and he thinks the average sports fan is pretty much an idiot (which I don't necessarily disagree), so he flat out says he's trying to get reactions.

The only flaw in his plan is what's already been pointed out, he can't stand to be called out.

I like the guy on 104.5 the zone in Nashville. He acts like a know it all ass and he succeeds at pissing people off. However, today I thought he was a little classless and childish. Michael Palardy came up in discussion. Travis used it as an opportunity to completely trash Palardy. Sure, Palardy struggled until last season. The guy had absolutely zero coaching before last year and was kicking for two seasons while injured. Travis basically said Palardy is wack and not good enough to ever start in the NFL. He was sooo confident that he offered up 50,000.00 to "charity" if Palardy is ever named the starting kicker on an NFL team. Of course, as usual, he tried to wiggle out of it when the others guys called him out. Asking..what if Palardy is the punter on an NFL team...Clay then said, no that doesn't count. I think it would be funny as hell if this smart mouthed idiot has to pay up with money he doesn't really have. Sure, I assume he's doing "okay" these days. But I guarantee he doesn't have 50k to just **** away and of he does have that cash to **** away, he doesn't deserve it...

I'm sorry; I missed WTH this has to do with Tennessee HS sports?? :dunno:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back