CJP on Finebaum @ 3:30 today

In contention for SEC Coach of the Year according to Paul. Didn’t see that coming.

CJP represented well.

I watched SEC nation recap as well as sportscenter Sunday. Both shows commented on the great job CJP has done. Reading a lot of online stuff its kind of the same comments. From a general fan standpoint its somewhat hard to tell exactly what we have. I mean on paper we have the talent. So us fans it looks like they are just not being coached up. The actual media guys see multiple teams practice and are very close to the programs. They see the total other side of things. I would say that is the main reason folks have been down on UT. They see up close and first hand the size/physical differences. They probably really see that Pruitt took over a sh*t show with under developed talent.

Oh I see the job he’s doing and am a big fan. I just figured mine was a homer opinion and not shared out side our fanbase

Oh I see the job he’s doing and am a big fan. I just figured mine was a homer opinion and not shared out side our fanbase
People outside the fanbase have tried to hype tennessee up for years, and have looked foolish doing so the last few years.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
First, I have BVS so bad that I am guilty of what I am thinking here but it is very weird that we are excited about beating KY. Should be a gimme game. We fell into a deep hole.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
There is no doubt now CJP can coach positions, can coach defense at the DC level, is a solid gameday coach, and can make adjustments during the game as head coach. The only thing really remaining is can he recruit at a high level to compete at the top of the SEC as head coach? We don't and won't know that really for a couple of years, that is not a one done proposition.

Reactions: Codaman
There is no doubt now CJP can coach positions, can coach defense at the DC level, is a solid gameday coach, and can make adjustments during the game as head coach. The only thing really remaining is can he recruit at a high level to compete at the top of the SEC as head coach? We don't and won't know that really for a couple of years, that is not a one done proposition.

You should go check out the recruiting forum you might be surprised at the 5 stars he is getting ready to pull in. Just saying.

First, I have BVS so bad that I am guilty of what I am thinking here but it is very weird that we are excited about beating KY. Should be a gimme game. We fell into a deep hole.
Wasn’t Kentucky ranked #11? Didn’t they beat Florida? Vol Nation has every right to be excited with that win.

Wasn’t Kentucky ranked #11? Didn’t they beat Florida? Vol Nation has every right to be excited with that win.
Yeah it was a good win. Some people live in the past. Tennessee can no longer, right now anyway, take these games for granted. 7-2 Kentucky team ranked 11th. Best win was probably Florida so there were red flags. This Tennessee team wouldn't have beat kentucky early in the year though. Two totally different teams now. Kentucky will most likely finish 9-3 and still ranked so that was a good win any way you look at it.

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
From a general fan standpoint its somewhat hard to tell exactly what we have. I mean on paper we have the talent........
They probably really see that Pruitt took over a sh*t show with under developed talent.

I cannot understand why it's so hard to understand that we do not have comparable SEC talent on the roster. 4-8 last year --and did not win one SEC game.... Poor coaches recruited poor talent....and could not coach 'em even to mediocrity.

CJP has made it clear--several ways and several times--this program needs ELITE RECRUITS to build an ELITE TEAM.... We don't have the players.....it's just that simple....especially on the OL....
Can you not even see that--even in a game that we won against a WAY over-rated KY team???

I cannot understand why it's so hard to understand that we do not have comparable SEC talent on the roster. 4-8 last year --and did not win one SEC game.... Poor coaches recruited poor talent....and could not coach 'em even to mediocrity.

CJP has made it clear--several ways and several times--this program needs ELITE RECRUITS to build an ELITE TEAM.... We don't have the players.....it's just that simple....especially on the OL....
Can you not even see that--even in a game that we won against a WAY over-rated KY team???

You totally missed what I was saying. I 100% understand we do not have elite talent. I was saying from a general fan standpoint. Most of them looked on paper and we had star talent to compete with pretty much every team outside of AL/UGA. You saw threads of "CJP is not a good motivator, CPJ isn't getting the buy in". People upset with the media who were not giving UT much of a shot. They saw first hand just how under developed we were. Under developed because the poor S&C as well as being poorly coached.

You totally missed what I was saying. I 100% understand we do not have elite talent. I was saying from a general fan standpoint. Most of them looked on paper and we had star talent to compete with pretty much every team outside of AL/UGA. You saw threads of "CJP is not a good motivator, CPJ isn't getting the buy in". People upset with the media who were not giving UT much of a shot. They saw first hand just how under developed we were. Under developed because the poor S&C as well as being poorly coached.

Okay...thanks.... I did misunderstand you...my fault. I am sorry....

I guess it's a big "oops" to those guys who posted the threads about CJP's lack of ability to motivate...

GO VOLS!

Okay...thanks.... I did misunderstand you...my fault. I am sorry....

I guess it's a big "oops" to those guys who posted the threads about CJP's lack of ability to motivate...

GO VOLS!
No problem. See here is something like we see all the time. Folks put too much stock in stars when they have been 1. overrated, and 2. under developed.

1542130237536.png

No problem. See here is something like we see all the time. Folks put too much stock in stars when they have been 1. overrated, and 2. under developed.

View attachment 175969

Exactly....

Mizzou is a match-up nightmare for us...for our defense.
CJP said as much in his post-game presser when he said he's gonna enjoy the KY victory and sleep well before he has to think about Drew Lock.

I just hope Neyland is loud, rockin', and hostile to help screw up Mizzou's offensive timing.

I'm not really worried as much about their defense....we gonna put points on the board...but I see a game a lot like the USCe game.

GO VOLS!

You should go check out the recruiting forum you might be surprised at the 5 stars he is getting ready to pull in. Just saying.

I$ it po$$ible that we’re finally on a level playing field with thi$ cla$$?

VN Store

Back