Cinco De Mayo 2013

No. Mexican.

Why do you ask? Did I misunderstand him?
I thought cinco de mayo was Mexican Independence Day. That's what I get for doing my own thinking.

Cinco de Mayo, contrary to popular belief, is not Mexico's Independence Day. That occurs on Sept. 16., or el dieciseis de septiembre, si hablas español.
The holiday, in actuality, marks a major victory for the Mexican Army on May 5, 1862, when 4,000 Mexican troops defeated 8,000 French troops at the Battle of Puebla. The French had decided to attack Mexico after it stopped making interest payments toward a major debt, but a devastating military defeat forever changed the fate of France in the Americas.

Last edited:
I thought cinco de mayo was Mexican Independence Day. That's what I get for doing my own thinking.

Cinco de Mayo, contrary to popular belief, is not Mexico's Independence Day. That occurs on Sept. 16., or el dieciseis de septiembre, si hablas español.
The holiday, in actuality, marks a major victory for the Mexican Army on May 5, 1862, when 4,000 Mexican troops defeated 8,000 French troops at the Battle of Puebla. The French had decided to attack Mexico after it stopped making interest payments toward a major debt, but a devastating military defeat forever changed the fate of France in the Americas.

This is what my friend told me hence why I noted that September 16th was/is their 4th of July

Dammit, I didn't know they had one in Maryville. Is it pretty good? I've heard some good things about the one on Market Square.

VN Store

Back