Chris Weatherd cleared

Call me crazy but there is something special happening on the hill,This season is gonna be fun to watch

Reactions: 2 people
You guys are dumb azzes, I mean he may not start or even see major time bc he's just now getting to join the team. But he is another talented body to put on special teams instead of a walk-on or true freshman.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are dumb azzes, I mean he may not start or even see major time bc he's just now getting to join the team. But he is another talented body to put on special teams instead of a walk-on or true freshman.

I thought he had already been watching practice and learning the defense? He will 100% see major PT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Made the grades and on campus now
BOOM

Wow!!! I was wrong about that one!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that I was wrong though. We will need him next year, once A.J. & Maggitt are gone.

Weatherd & Cherry will be our best linebackers next season.

I'm pretty sure the Coaches don't take JUCOs for their special teams abilities.

Exactly...and they aren't going to get a guy like CW who is ONLY gong to contribute on ST's. Dude plays linebacker and they will get him in there. Just common sense.

Long time, maybe 1st time ever.

Biggest thing is that the more you get in the more have a chance of making an impact. It's like the media knows we're sitting on a goldmine but nobody wants to be the first tom come out and say it. Playing it safe.

Well I'm here to say that I'm expecting 7 wins and hoping for 8. Call me unrealistic, I call myself a FANatic.

Okay, I will call you unrealistic. We will need some help in order for us to win 7 (regular season) games.

We win 6 straight out and our 7th win, we get help by a key player on the other team is not playing due to injury or suspension or maybe a hard rain strom and we rely on our running game but the other team has no running game, only a passing game. Yeah, we will need help to get that 7th regular season win.

Maggitt won't play de all the time. That makes no sense. He will play there a lot but not all.....

Sorry for the confusion. I wrote "pretty much" all the time because he said "DE would be his/the focus" regarding his position this year at SEC Media Days. Also said he would potentially move around, do whatever the defense needs, might stand up in a OLB position if they need a pass rush. My "pretty much" statement meant that he'll be at DE the majority of the time.

I think Weatherd sees more playing time that we might expect. He brings more speed than any of the other options. His playing time probably will be situational in the beginning and go up with time and experience.

I think Weatherd sees more playing time that we might expect. He brings more speed than any of the other options. His playing time probably will be situational in the beginning and go up with time and experience.
Being that CW's a juco, he's not coming in wet behind the ears. This is the best news a lot of us have heard this week. Off subject: Can you imagine how good our special teams are going to be this season? There'll be competition to excel when the ball's being kicked, just to get playing time. Weathered, Bates, Creamer, the turbo twins (Berry's), Wharton, TK, Jr............ Who'd I miss?:popcorn:

Also, if you haven't heard, this class is composed of future all-americans and first round NFL picks. In fact that is exactly why they have 32 picks in the 1st round.

Being that CW's a juco, he's not coming in wet behind the ears. This is the best news a lot of us have heard this week. Off subject: Can you imagine how good our special teams are going to be this season? There'll be competition to excel when the ball's being kicked, just to get playing time. Weathered, Bates, Creamer, the turbo twins (Berry's), Wharton, TK, Jr............ Who'd I miss?:popcorn:

Ohhhhh just Cortez McDowell, Rashaan Gaulden, Jakob Johnson, Gavin Bryant, DeAndre Payne, Emmanuel Moseley, and Joe Henderson.

VN Store

Back