Chris Rainey back on field for Florida

Making him complete his obligations in the anger management courses before returning to the team would seem the right option for a coach who so openly talked about his views on violence toward women and his expectations of players. I don't see that having him sit out the year while completing the courses would ruin his life.

I also see that as a scholarship student Florida and Meyer would be reluctant to sit a player they had much invested in. My biggest criticism of Meyer has always been his tough talk and lax discipline. Meyer would have done himself much better by stating that each situation should be taken into consideration individually rather than coming out with blanket statements about no tolerance for violence against women, he comes off as weak and rings hollow in this case.

Doubt it. Such things usually last 6 months to a year, I believe.

But to wait on that effectively means he's off the team. He was off the team for a few games and is not returining for the MSU game this weekend, IIRC.

Like I say, weighed against just ruining his life over it I can see giving him a second chance with a short leash. In fact, doing that arguably gives him quite the incentive to addres this problem and might well help him avoid a true disaster 20 years from now.

very masoli like argument. worked out well for oregon.

Here is my opinion:

1) Rainey entered into a deferred prosecution program. While I haven't bothered searching for the details, this no doubt involves a lot of counseling and anger management type of classes.

2) Meyer spoke to a number of professionals in the area and discussed options with them.

3) The girl was talked to and asked for her input (not by Meyer, directly) and she advised she had no concerns.

4) Meyer trusted his own impression that Rainey is not a violent person but is prone to speaking without thinking about what he's saying.

5) In the end, the alternative is to toss the kid to the side of the road for one mistake. A big mistake, yes, but is it the kind of thing that, at his age, should result in him losing the kind of opportunity he has at UF?

While I agree with those who say that Meyer has generally been too lax with players in certain situations (and I speak in particular of gun offenses, which I view as much worse than this), on this particular occasion if the prosecutors, the professionals, and the victim all agree that he deserves an opportunity to try again, then I support that.

Cool story bro; but you left out the part where Meyer lassoed the Unicorn and rode it over the Rainbow.

Here is my opinion:

1) Rainey entered into a deferred prosecution program. While I haven't bothered searching for the details, this no doubt involves a lot of counseling and anger management type of classes.

2) Meyer spoke to a number of professionals in the area and discussed options with them.

3) The girl was talked to and asked for her input (not by Meyer, directly) and she advised she had no concerns.

4) Meyer trusted his own impression that Rainey is not a violent person but is prone to speaking without thinking about what he's saying.

5) In the end, the alternative is to toss the kid to the side of the road for one mistake. A big mistake, yes, but is it the kind of thing that, at his age, should result in him losing the kind of opportunity he has at UF?

While I agree with those who say that Meyer has generally been too lax with players in certain situations (and I speak in particular of gun offenses, which I view as much worse than this), on this particular occasion if the prosecutors, the professionals, and the victim all agree that he deserves an opportunity to try again, then I support that.

Here is my opinion:

1) Corch Meyers lost two games in a row.

2) Corch Meyers said his team is lacking big plays.

3) Rainey provides big play capabilities.

4) Winning is more important than morals to Meyer.

5) Corch Meyers brought Rainey back.

If Florida hadn't lost two games in a row Rainey would still be in the "don't call us, we'll call you" world. Honestly, it would be pretty cool if Rainey had a brain and told Corch Meyers to shove it.

Here is my opinion:

1) Corch Meyers lost two games in a row.

2) Corch Meyers said his team is lacking big plays.

3) Rainey provides big play capabilities.

4) Winning is more important than morals to Meyer.

5) Corch Meyers brought Rainey back.

If Florida hadn't lost two games in a row Rainey would still be in the "don't call us, we'll call you" world. Honestly, it would be pretty cool if Rainey had a brain and told Corch Meyers to shove it.

Rainey was coming back regardless.

Anyhow, serious question. How long is a players supposed to be suspended for text messages? Keep in mind that he has no criminal history, never been in trouble, doesn't drink or smoke, etc?

Also, has anyone listened to the call made to police by the victims sister?

yall act like a threat is a big deal are you guys really that pussified?

the time he sat out was def a fair punishment

I don’t care if he plays or not. He is not going to solve all of UF’s woes. I think Meyer and UF are opening themselves up to a big risk. If he steps out of line again a Gloria Allred type lawyer will be all over it. Is it worth the risk?

I still don’t understand the “If he cannot play for UF it will ruin his life” explanation.

I donÂ’t care if he plays or not. He is not going to solve all of UFÂ’s woes. I think Meyer and UF are opening themselves up to a big risk. If he steps out of line again a Gloria Allred type lawyer will be all over it. Is it worth the risk?

I still don’t understand the “If he cannot play for UF it will ruin his life” explanation.

Who's life? Go Dawgs!

This is a sad story and Chris rainey needs help before he kills someone....I wonder if he was raised by am abusive father?

How stupid is Chris Rainey?

Even he should know Big Ben is the only Steeler allowed to whatever he wants to women.

oh_snap.gif

So if he pimp slapped your daughter you would high five his a$%.

I'm guessing Junior is too young to have children, hence his ridiculous post.

Chances are you'd have to pimp slap his mother and donkey punch his grandmother several times for him to gain your perspective.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back