Chris Carter's new "X-Files"

I remember the title, but never checked it out. I suppose I'll have to check that out.

Supernatural is good. Sarcastic womanizing a-hole brother who is into classic rock and drives a sweet muscle car battles monsters and demons while dragging his emo little brother along for the ride. Its a good show.

I see a lot of bad reviews for the show. Me personally I loved the early seasons. The X-files pilot episode is one of the all time bests ever made. I loved the creature features. Eventually the government conspiracy angle got a bit convoluted and I lost interest. I expect this new show to continue that angle which is unfortunate but not unexpected. I do know episode 3 is a creature feature so I am looking forward to it.

The X-files where they went into the forest and had the old Spanish conquistador tree people..one of my favorites.

Reactions: 1 person
I see a lot of bad reviews for the show. Me personally I loved the early seasons. The X-files pilot episode is one of the all time bests ever made. I loved the creature features. Eventually the government conspiracy angle got a bit convoluted and I lost interest. I expect this new show to continue that angle which is unfortunate but not unexpected. I do know episode 3 is a creature feature so I am looking forward to it.

The X-files where they went into the forest and had the old Spanish conquistador tree people..one of my favorites.

That was a good one. I've always like the little green bacteria-type stuff in the northwest that caccooned people and killed them. The lake monster that turned out to be a croc was great as well off the top of my head.

Reactions: 2 people
I haven't watched it yet because the NFC Championship messed up my DVR recording, but so far there seems to be a divide between critics and fans on the first episode. The reviews I've read called it disappointing with flashes of the old X-Files, while a lot of the fan reviews I've seen loved it.

I loved their episodes involving ghosts. Their horror aspect to the show was outstanding.

I really enjoyed the first episode last night. The look & feel of the episode (classic opening) and the chemistry between Mulder, Scully and even Skinner was like they never had any time off and this was just another episode to the series!

That was a good one. I've always like the little green bacteria-type stuff in the northwest that caccooned people and killed them. The lake monster that turned out to be a croc was great as well off the top of my head.

I just finished watching the one where the shrooms made them hallucinate then the earth tried to eat them..was good. You never really knew what was real or fake.

I thought the first episode was good and tonight's was even better. Tonight's was classic X-Files and the return of smartass Mulder.

I really liked the first episode but what was with David Duchovny's acting job? It seemed very off.

I really liked the first episode but what was with David Duchovny's acting job? It seemed very off.
Really I thought he was back pretty spot on as Mulder! (especially in Ep. 2) It was Gillian that bothered me. I'm not sure what happened to her voice but it isn't the same.

Sounds like there's a good chance we may get more. Word is if the ratings were good enough they'd look to make another 6 episode series next year, and so far the first 2 episodes have been good.

I think making it only 6 will end up being a very smart decision.

I've liked the first two and I hear part 3 is a creature feature and was classic..looking forward to the rest.

Haven't watched the new ones yet but my favorite old ones were when they went to Florida and visited the Jim Rose circus and another one were they were in the Midwest and reality got altered. I believe Molder started smoking and almost kissed Scully

Haven't watched the new ones yet but my favorite old ones were when they went to Florida and visited the Jim Rose circus and another one were they were in the Midwest and reality got altered. I believe Molder started smoking and almost kissed Scully

"Every nut rolls down to Florida"

Wait...that was the hurricane blob creature in the water episode. Nevermind.

I liked the one in "Knoxville"..aka the train with the Japanese working on the alien body..

Weird, reviews are praising it.

I'm a big X Files fan and that was just plain bad from start to finish. From the guys huffing paint to the bad costume/make-up of the "were wolf" and the off-beat but still trying way too hard to be funny dialogue, it was almost sad to watch. Really disappointing.

I'm a big X Files fan and that was just plain bad from start to finish. From the guys huffing paint to the bad costume/make-up of the "were wolf" and the off-beat but still trying way too hard to be funny dialogue, it was almost sad to watch. Really disappointing.

Just watched it and....I don't think I could disagree with you more. That was a classic monster of the week episode and I thought it was great. I'm really not sure why you had such a problem with it if you're a big X-File fan, that was in line with standard ones.

That wasn't even close to one of the worst episodes ever.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back