China Thread

Probably too dangerous to shoot them down over US territory.
True if you don't know what they are carrying in terms of whether equipment uses toxic substances. Of if they'd spark a forest fire, and goodness knows we don't need more of those given the past two years of wood land blazes. I'm in favor of launching similar balloons from Israel, India, or Pakistan, all of who are no friends of China, and let prevailing winds push them over there. Maybe send 10 or more at a time just to enliven things.

Probably too dangerous to shoot them down over US territory.
We know it was coming over the Pacific. It was over our military bases gathering all of the intel China wanted. Allowing it to traverse North America and check out our bases looked extremely weak. Of course Biden and much of his admin are compromised by China so it was no surprise at all.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
True if you don't know what they are carrying in terms of whether equipment uses toxic substances. Of if they'd spark a forest fire, and goodness knows we don't need more of those given the past two years of wood land blazes. I'm in favor of launching similar balloons from Israel, India, or Pakistan, all of who are no friends of China, and let prevailing winds push them over there. Maybe send 10 or more at a time just to enliven things.
My comment was completely sarcastic, 100% made in jest and reference to letting the CCP balloon traverse the entire country - cause you know, too dangerous to shoot down over US territory….

You're close on India anyway. Big miss on the other two.

My comment was completely sarcastic, 100% made in jest and reference to letting the CCP balloon traverse the entire country - cause you know, too dangerous to shoot down over US territory….
My comment was made in semi-sincerity cause I found your comment interesting. My apologies, but if it makes you feel better:
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

Israel's quite friendly with China and Pakistan is very friendly with them.
Israel friendly with China? Might have been at one time, though one should always doubt China's true intentions.

Seems you're right on Pakistan. I doubt it lasts, but for now, you're right.

Here in America, we're living to please the radical far-left climate cult in trying to change our carbon foot print far down to zero as possible. But in China, they give the world a big middle finger to everyone living in it & goes about their life to live as if others don't exist. It's worthless trying to meet our goals while dealing w/any other nation(s) that see themselves as superior and not cooperate in helping out the world.

Here in America, we're living to please the radical far-left climate cult in trying to change our carbon foot print far down to zero as possible. But in China, they give the world a big middle finger to everyone living in it & goes about their life to live as if others don't exist. It's worthless trying to meet our goals while dealing w/any other nation(s) that see themselves as superior and not cooperate in helping out the world.

That whole air quality thing is nice to have.

While China enjoys some economic benefits from building more coal plants, they also incur the negative external costs as well.

Reactions: EasternVol

So how can two things be true at the same time. One the one hand, business sentiment is terrible and China is on the verge of collapse. But on the other hand, their overcapacity is threatening American business.

Janet Yellen tackles China over flood of cheap goods

“Overcapacity isn’t a new problem, but it has intensified, and we’re seeing emerging risks in new sectors,” Yellen told a group of China-based American executives. “This can undercut the business of American firms and workers, as well as of firms around the world, including in India and Mexico.”

She first mentioned the issue at an earlier meeting with the leaders of Guangdong province, the country’s economic powerhouse.

US officials and lawmakers
have expressed concern that China’s overinvestment and excess capacity could result in cheap products flooding global markets, affecting local industries and employment.

So how can two things be true at the same time. One the one hand, business sentiment is terrible and China is on the verge of collapse. But on the other hand, their overcapacity is threatening American business.

Janet Yellen tackles China over flood of cheap goods

“Overcapacity isn’t a new problem, but it has intensified, and we’re seeing emerging risks in new sectors,” Yellen told a group of China-based American executives. “This can undercut the business of American firms and workers, as well as of firms around the world, including in India and Mexico.”

She first mentioned the issue at an earlier meeting with the leaders of Guangdong province, the country’s economic powerhouse.

US officials and lawmakers
have expressed concern that China’s overinvestment and excess capacity could result in cheap products flooding global markets, affecting local industries and employment.
its something that has been said for a long time about China and how they are skewing the "free" market. Pretty sure I have posted about this before, but because it doesn't come from Zero Hedge you just assume its part of some western propaganda.

China has been overproducing and flooding the markets for a while, artificially driving down costs, hurting both their own and foreign manufacturing. They are overflooding because their central government is telling them, we don't care if you are making money or even at a loss, keep producing and don't lay off workers. Chinese companies have been taking losses for a while. Its also been hurting foreign markets and was a large reason for Brexit because the EU laws didn't allow the UK to protect their own manufacturing. Other nations have started similarly responding.

with the global demand finally dying down, that overproduction is having even less return. there is no one to buy all the cheap crap they are making. all this inflation, which the Chinese have helped cause, is driving down demand on their own projects. The only way they were making any money to somewhat stay afloat was just due to bulk, they can survive making a penny of profit on each piece of steal they produce if they are selling a trillion pieces of steal. but what happens when its a penny only on a millions units, or one hundred thousand?

so now Chinese companies are going from surviving on the edge, to now facing a complete dearth of demand which the Central Government will have to address. they are facing mass layoffs.

Its similar to why all their real estate companies are hurting. even though they have made thousands/millions of units, there isn't enough demand to support it. and you have the world's largest real estate company/developer collapse.

all of their manufacturing was based on speculation and future growth, not actual market forces and demand. and that speculation and future growth were predetermined by their central government, not actual market studies. Its why their GDP growth and several other metrics were suspiciously consistent and ALWAYs met the central government's goals. its FIAT manufacturing in effect.

I KNOW the same issues exist for their construction materials here. there is so much of it costs for those products are relatively low, and they have flooded their markets too much.

its something that has been said for a long time about China and how they are skewing the "free" market. Pretty sure I have posted about this before, but because it doesn't come from Zero Hedge you just assume its part of some western propaganda.

China has been overproducing and flooding the markets for a while, artificially driving down costs, hurting both their own and foreign manufacturing. They are overflooding because their central government is telling them, we don't care if you are making money or even at a loss, keep producing and don't lay off workers. Chinese companies have been taking losses for a while. Its also been hurting foreign markets and was a large reason for Brexit because the EU laws didn't allow the UK to protect their own manufacturing. Other nations have started similarly responding.

with the global demand finally dying down, that overproduction is having even less return. there is no one to buy all the cheap crap they are making. all this inflation, which the Chinese have helped cause, is driving down demand on their own projects. The only way they were making any money to somewhat stay afloat was just due to bulk, they can survive making a penny of profit on each piece of steal they produce if they are selling a trillion pieces of steal. but what happens when its a penny only on a millions units, or one hundred thousand?

so now Chinese companies are going from surviving on the edge, to now facing a complete dearth of demand which the Central Government will have to address. they are facing mass layoffs.

Its similar to why all their real estate companies are hurting. even though they have made thousands/millions of units, there isn't enough demand to support it. and you have the world's largest real estate company/developer collapse.

all of their manufacturing was based on speculation and future growth, not actual market forces and demand. and that speculation and future growth were predetermined by their central government, not actual market studies. Its why their GDP growth and several other metrics were suspiciously consistent and ALWAYs met the central government's goals. its FIAT manufacturing in effect.

I KNOW the same issues exist for their construction materials here. there is so much of it costs for those products are relatively low, and they have flooded their markets too much.

It's almost as if multiple things can be true at once with complicated issues...

It's almost as if multiple things can be true at once with complicated issues...
its not like bubbles are some new concept in economics. if you pay attention even a little its pretty easy to pick out where people/nations are overextending themselves.

and I would say our, the US government's spending, is in a similar situation. We are trying to spend our way out of economic troubles, china is trying to produce its way out. theoretically it CAN work, but reality is a completely different beast.

Reactions: PKT_VOL
its not like bubbles are some new concept in economics. if you pay attention even a little its pretty easy to pick out where people/nations are overextending themselves.

and I would say our, the US government's spending, is in a similar situation. We are trying to spend our way out of economic troubles, china is trying to produce its way out. theoretically it CAN work, but reality is a completely different beast.

The US federal government's spending problem is the biggest threat to the American people. It is not even close.

The problem with the rest of the world, including China, is that their similar problems are much worse. China's currency manipulation, capital controls, debt-fueled economy, and demographic collapse makes our problems seem quaint.

The US federal government's spending problem is the biggest threat to the American people. It is not even close.

The problem with the rest of the world, including China, is that their similar problems are much worse. China's currency manipulation, capital controls, debt-fueled economy, and demographic collapse makes our problems seem quaint.
agreed. every single part of their country is based on a FIAT-esque level of fakery. and it seeps into every part of China.

Cut taxes. Cut spending. Starve it.

well this aint good..and not April Fools..
@85SugarVol
Idk man - I’ll classify laser submarines alongside their 3,000 mile carrier killers.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Or see us respond in a way that indicates they actually have it.

Mach speed submarines. Pretty fantastical.

VN Store

Back