Cheridene Green

I think there are different levels of healthy. She can be healthy but still be mentally concerned about her knee which will limit her effectiveness. Once she is confident that her knee is really okay and she can let loose without fear of re-injury, she will be ready for dependable game play. I hope she is closer to the latter at this stage and will become a fearless force inside. We need her.

Reactions: 2 people
Would need a few more inches and 50 more lbs out of her for her to be able to battle those 250 pounders from MSU and Baylor. imnsho

Did you EVER see Pashen or Tiffany play? They were the dirtiest players and thought they could intimidate those 'white' girls from UCONN, but who got the last laugh. And Tiffany was 'kicked' off the team by Pat!!! So really who's nasty?you stupid ****ing idiot!!@they won back to championship beating uconn each time.you watch them push wolters round.if don't lady vol history go jump off bridge.hold i have each game dvd and 1997 beat uconn regional final n uconn was un-defeated at the time.listen this smart ass beat uconn in final 4 n go watch tiffani n pashen even latina outrebounding them.there your lady vol history lesson.

I don't know these Vols you speak of but Pashen had a very "gritty" performance in 97 when the LADY Vols took down undefeated UConn in the elite eight. That was Pashen's last game versus UConn so I think she had the last laugh, Tiffani did too the following year.[/QUthank you lets not forget charles n the corn fed chicks.they were named by cindy brown long beach when beat them 87 final4 semi-final.the can moved those corn-fed chicks around!!!this was directed at the fool said unconn had way them.

I'll toss in Karla Horton and Kathy Spinks. IIRC, Spinks put Cindy Brown on her derrière on that opening tip in that '87 semifinal.

...And that was after LB State broke from its pre-game huddle with the cry, "Kick ass!"

Last edited:
I'll toss in Karla Horton and Kathy Spinks. IIRC, Spinks put Cindy Brown on her derrière on that opening tip in that '87 semifinal.

...And that was after LB State broke from its pre-game huddle with the cry, "Kick ass!"

yes just said n thank you knowing lady vol history unlike those started watching n 98 also trish roberts,sheila frost,peggy evans,dana johnson for starters

I don't know in what sense Pashen & Tiffany were supposed to be "dirty". They had big, strong bodies and just out-worked their opponents. They were great players! Tiffany was kicked off the team for pot, I've heard.

Tiffani Johnson was actually somewhat timid and passive. She just had a "presence". Chamique exhorted her to use her body more.

I don't know in what sense Pashen & Tiffany were supposed to be "dirty". They had big, strong bodies and just out-worked their opponents. They were great players! Tiffany was kicked off the team for pot, I've heard.

coach summit said violate rules after last chance.coach kick anybody off cause you followed rules.remember people thought the new season already doomed cause we lost our only real post.hey they went undefeated that yr 98

Tiffani Johnson was actually somewhat timid and passive. She just had a "presence". Chamique exhorted her to use her body more.

no go watch wasn't timid n she had attitude.watch 97 championship game when eblen missed 2 free throws n tiffani got threw back at her.she had attitude n many games she push opposing players out there timeouts

Pashen was not highly recruited and PHS took her on the advice of a colleague. Pashen was not a tall center but coach stated several times she excelled in defensive footwork.

Tiffani Johnson would have had a great senior year had she not violated rules not related to the team. Had there been a board like this during that summer the thread would have been very long and detailed on the humors of what she did and did not do, to whom, when and the beliefs of her teammates that she should/should not be a member of a team that was championship bound. (luckily we were spared that drama 0 smile)

Pashen was not highly recruited and PHS took her on the advice of a colleague. Pashen was not a tall center but coach stated several times she excelled in defensive footwork.

Tiffani Johnson would have had a great senior year had she not violated rules not related to the team. Had there been a board like this during that summer the thread would have been very long and detailed on the humors of what she did and did not do, to whom, when and the beliefs of her teammates that she should/should not be a member of a team that was championship bound. (luckily we were spared that drama 0 smile)

pashen was 6'1 but wide big.you don't have be tall to rebound.she was hip big.

Established best post position than anyone at UT imo and I have seen all the players and teams play since 1979.

yes my aunt played on coach summit 1st 2 teams.it nice hear someone knows lady vol history.if green has dana johnson or deadra charles attitude that's what we need

Reactions: 1 person
smallvol#1 and lvfan35 - we few with early memories cannot take anyone back to "the early days." the first pure shooter who transferred after playing with Pat in the 1976 Olympics - Cindy Brogdon. Holly was a great passer but was not a great outside shooter. I saw Cheryl Miller and Cynthia Cooper and the McGee twins play at Stokely and Ostrowski almost beat them in 1985. I sat above and behind the basket at Stokely with two retired nurses.

what is most startling is that some of those young women I watched are now in their mid 50's? smile go LVs

smallvol#1 and lvfan35 - we few with early memories cannot take anyone back to "the early days." the first pure shooter who transferred after playing with Pat in the 1976 Olympics - Cindy Brogdon. Holly was a great passer but was not a great outside shooter. I saw Cheryl Miller and Cynthia Cooper and the McGee twins play at Stokely and Ostrowski almost beat them in 1985. I sat above and behind the basket at Stokely with two retired nurses.

what is most startling is that some of those young women I watched are now in their mid 50's? smile go LVs

We didn't start until 1987, Daedra's Prop 48 year. We sat on the second row behind the LV bench; there were so few people there, that during time outs, we could hear what Pat was telling the girls. Dae sat with our daughter and explained the game to her. We simply fell in love with her, Pat, and all the girls. That was when receptions were held after the games. I've had Bridget show me "where the bone came through my hand" and Dae come in with ice packs taped on both knees. They were such role models for our daughter. Athletically, academically, always ladies in the truest sense. Pat just didn't accept anything less :). Wish we could have that closeness to the players now. People would take them home for Thanksgiving, Sunday afternoons, etc. NCAA stopped all that. It's a shame, not in the best interest of the girls, especially back then.

Oh, first game I saw was against LSU at TBA...until then, I thought BB was a non contact sport. Willowy blonde from LSU would position her body between the ref and a LV, grab them by the jersey and punch them in the stomach! Looking back, sort of funny. At the time I was dumbfounded :eek:hmy:.

thank you for little history there,lot people on here need know history n what great players we had n still do.hhaaa holly wasn't a shooter but a hustler bud.you ever asked this? do current lady vols player watch older games.you learn quite bit watching n what they would see how hard past lady vols team's played each possesion.hey that old school we busted our ass n played hard.coach summit's fav. quote of many.i don't like coaching effort.glad see felllow fan who goes way back to.jackie watson was my aunt

VN Store

Back