Cheridene Green

Uh, don't you know they don't let you use your hands on defense anymore? :(

True, but you have to adjust with the game gule. . . You can extend a hand to gauge distance on the ball for a fraction of a second, but you have to immediately retract it and body-up with the pelvis... The extended hand thing is mostly called on the ball anyway. Rarely called when it is off the ball. I know when I am scrimmaging, the first thing I do is push whoever I am guarding out of their space. I smile when they push my hand away, but by then, the message is sent. And, I have never seen em call a push-foul before the opening tip.

Last edited:
"this also should hurt us with post in the 2017 class"

You might be onto something. We might be hurting while I type this. What do we know about what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe the 2017 and 2018 post players we were recruiting already said NO to Holly?

I meant to say shouldn't hurt. But with us striking out this year I refuse to put all my eggs in the 2017/2018 basket and hope we get certain post players to only lose out on them. A lot of the top recruits in the past couple of seasons have decided to either stay in their home state or close to home and if the trend continues we could lose out on a lot of quality Post and be back to square one

Thanks for the update. I Heard someone say she torn her acl. would she even be able to play this fall. or will have to wait till next season? and I heard she is very talented.

Just heard rutgers and ole miss is also in the mix for her. hope we land her. we got out rebounded too many times last year way too many

Reactions: 1 person
Just heard rutgers and ole miss is also in the mix for her. hope we land her. we got out rebounded too many times last year way too many

She's a Rutgers type of Post player, i could see why coach Stringer is interested in her. I hope we land her too. She would have time to be with the team while sitting out this season and then come in ready to play next season after fully recovering from the ACL injury.

Thanks for the update. I Heard someone say she torn her acl. would she even be able to play this fall. or will have to wait till next season? and I heard she is very talented.

She is being recruited for 2017 and I guess she would replace Nunn who only has a year.

She would sit out next season as a redshirt and still have 2 seasons to play.

I meant to say shouldn't hurt. But with us striking out this year I refuse to put all my eggs in the 2017/2018 basket and hope we get certain post players to only lose out on them. A lot of the top recruits in the past couple of seasons have decided to either stay in their home state or close to home and if the trend continues we could lose out on a lot of quality Post and be back to square one

Good points. Recruiting is a nuisance. Have to be open minded and have a plan for the present & future. What you want is not what you will necessarily get.

Thank you guys for information. we need her . I doubt Russell leaves early but who knows and we can use a cushion for 2017

You may need to consider what we're losing at the end of this next season ml... potentially Carter, Reynolds and Jones. Two guards and a forward. . . We are pretty solid at mid-sized posts (less than 6'4") and in need of shooters and set-up guards to fill those spots.

The only posts I would go after now would be established 6'5''s or over who are paint-patrollers. Otherwise, i am going for 3-pt gunners and setup guards. We already have Nunn to give Harris the developing time,right?

Jones is already gone

Reactions: 3 people
That is something that used to be death, but is now almost a formality. That's good to know...And I agree that a 6'4" post can get the job done, as proven by Graves consistent double double. i just know she was only a scorer on the drive or at the elbow. I guess when I consider my offensive set up, I like a true Center and a true PF... I am somewhat 50-50 when it come to combo players. I can more so take them in the post more than I like them as a set-up guard. (example: I would totally pass an that kid at Kentucky. I am sure that her non-distribution in lieu of shooting first and driving first was instrumental in the KY breakup. I know as a player I want my hard work in the post rewarded. Often watching that team this past year you could see the heads drop from the interior as they were passed up in lieu of Epps numbers)... But if it is a post and they understand positioning and timing on the box-outs and are able to finish a face-up instead of relying totally on "first-step or jumpers from the elbow as their offense, and can finish a face-up I am on board.

surely you know graves wasn't, ain't, never will be 6ft 4, for an alpha, you seem to miss a lot

Reactions: 4 people
surely you know graves wasn't, ain't, never will be 6ft 4, for an alpha, you seem to miss a lot

The conversation was about posts under 6'4" that continually perform and excel. Basha, Tuck, (Both were 6'2") . . . chitown..

BTW, some of the more common characteristics (Per a quick search through google) of an Male Alpha have nothing to do with memory. . . The traits listed include: Competitive, natural leader, ambitious, passionate, strong body language, swagger, vocal, strong, persistent, dominant, make eye contact, best under pressure, stand-out in crowds, have no need to prove them-self to everyone, witty and not everyone's friend... Just to name a few traits.

Reactions: 1 person
Can she SHOOT the ball???

We need to find someone who can MAKE layups and jump shots.

THAT would be nice.

Can she SHOOT the ball???

We need to find someone who can MAKE layups and jump shots.

THAT would be nice.

The girls are working with individual summer coaches to do JUST that jeff... Shooting jumpers and layups are high on the skills list for most of them

The girls are working with individual summer coaches to do JUST that jeff... Shooting jumpers and layups are high on the skills list for most of them

Its about time. Offense has been the problem for some time. I think they should upgrade their scheme.

VN Store

Back